The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Products I wholeheartedly endorse (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16635)

jinx 05-15-2008 08:16 PM

I used to buy the burritos for the kids, because she (Amy) makes dairy free ones - but they take like 45 minutes to cook. If I've got 45 mins to fuck around with, I'm gonna make something good....

LabRat 05-16-2008 08:53 AM

We have a full size fridge with freezer at work that I keep Amy's burritos in for when I don't have leftovers for lunch. (Or, more frequently, just forget to bring them). I think they are good slathered with sour cream and fresh salsa from the co-op.

My endorsement:

Since going off the pill eons ago, my acne steadily had been getting worse. Not just little annoying zits, full fledged cystic acne that started on my face, then began on my back and eventually chest. That was it, summer was coming and I was 32 for crissakes, not 15. It was gross. So, in March, I decided to give Proactive a try before dropping the cash to see a dermatologist.

It freaking worked a miracle. Within 2 weeks, my face was dramatically better. I wasn't able to use it on my back as frequently as my face, so that took longer to clear up, but it did too. A-freaking-mazing.

Unbeknownst to me, a good friend was going through the same pill-withdrawl acne problems, and saw a dermatologist. She has been on antibiotics etc. etc. pretty much the same amount of time, and her acne is only marginally better. No, it really wasn't all that much worse than mine to start with.

So, ladies, I hate to sound like an infomercial, but seriously, if you find yourself in this situation give it a try. It worked for me.

Cloud 05-16-2008 08:58 AM

great! I'm glad it worked for you.

Now, if only I can find something for brown spots.

HungLikeJesus 05-16-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 454245)
great! I'm glad it worked for you.

Now, if only I can find something for brown spots.

Try Wite-out.

Shawnee123 05-16-2008 10:06 AM

What are you doing here on a Friday, HLJ? ;)

HungLikeJesus 05-16-2008 10:20 AM

I thought you said "starting next week."

Shawnee123 05-16-2008 10:21 AM

I did. And don't think I won't be checking.:unsure:

HungLikeJesus 05-16-2008 10:40 AM

I'll have to get a second account under a different name. How about BadSamaritan?

Shawnee123 05-16-2008 10:43 AM

How about DanglesLikeSatan?

HungLikeJesus 05-16-2008 10:58 AM

No, then you'll still know it's me.

SteveDallas 05-16-2008 12:48 PM

Wouldn't you need three accounts, and not just two?

classicman 05-16-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 454300)
How about DanglesLikeSatan?

Spill alert required!

LOL!

Sundae 05-17-2008 11:15 AM

Thing I endorse - again!
I'm sure I've mentioned them all before.

As LR brought up contraception, I fully endorse the Implanon implant for 3 years of no worries, no PMT and no breakouts.

Crocs. Let people laugh - if you have toxic feet like mine you need a summer shoe that you can wear without socks and still rinse at the end of a hot day. And cushioned? I can walk all day and all night and still enjoy it.

Thrive cat treats. Freeze dried, natural. Prawn, chicken or fish - my cats go mad for them.

Yeowww! Ducky Wold Catnip Toys. The best I have ever come across. Diz still fawns all over the Green Fish I bought in November, despite me growing fresh catnip for him!

Clodfobble 06-23-2008 03:59 PM

Jet Dry dishwasher cleaner. The inside of our dishwasher is stainless steel (not what I would have chosen, but it came with the house) so white mineral buildup from our relatively hard water is very visible. Plus, it was beginning to plug the holes on the spray arms. I had used several at-home cleaning suggestions, like putting a cup full of vinegar on the top rack, but they had done nothing, and there were far too many nooks & crannies for me to scrub it by hand. Anyway, this stuff worked like a charm. The inside of my dishwasher is now sparkling silver again and the sprayers are clear. They say use it once a month, but I don't buy that. It completely removed a year's worth of buildup, so I think every 6 months to a year will be sufficient for us. Your water hardness may vary.

footfootfoot 06-23-2008 06:45 PM

Jet dry? Srsly? you should ahve gotten a year's supply when you bought the thing. it rocketh.

But what is more awesome by a factor of a lot is my current beverage! Yay bevvies.

coconut milk made into a simple syrup (use cocnut milk instedad of water) and add a cup of very strong coffee to a cup of coconut syrup and add many of ice cubes and blender them fully and splash on vodka. yuummy.

I whole heartedly endorspe