The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cities and Travel (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Florida --the touristy bit (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21099)

monster 09-27-2009 07:51 PM

Florida --the touristy bit

Looks like we're doing Disney in feb with my sis, BIL and 6yo niece from UK. What to do, what not to do, how to get best deals on park entrance...? All non-spam imput appreciated. Probably staying in a villa they're renting -input on that also appreciated.

thanks

Juniper 09-27-2009 11:26 PM

Get meal plan. Eat at all-you-can-eat places. May not need reservations in Feb., but you can make them so there's no waiting. The food is one of the very best things about Disney! Oooooh, the food! My two favorites were the German place in Epcot and the African place in Animal Kingdom. Yum yum!

Sundae 09-28-2009 08:13 AM

I'll ask my bro, I think they go every year (:eek:)

Clodfobble 09-28-2009 11:57 AM

Do Epcott, if you can. I was just a kid, but I remember thinking Epcott was way cooler than the main Disney park.

And I know you're not doing Universal Studios, but if you were, you should make sure to stop by the big caricature booth and say hi to my cousin Glenn. :)

jinx 09-28-2009 02:23 PM

I was just a kid but I remember Busch Gardens Africa being much cooler than Disney. And the run of the mill water park being best all around.... but it was summertime in FL.

monster 09-29-2009 09:41 PM

The villa is booked! Aunt Scary, Uncle Elvis and my 6yo niece are coming over from the UK for two weeks, We're going down for a week or so, doing Disney and the like....

SteveDallas 09-29-2009 10:41 PM

I dunno... we're toying with a trip. Miss Dallas' school orchestra is doing a Disneyworld trip in April. We're toying with heading down at the same time, to hear them play and hang out at the park.

Shawnee123 09-30-2009 08:13 AM

I would love to revisit Disney, and see Epcot and Universal.

I was at Disneyworld ONCE. My family never went when I was a kid. I got to go because one spring my previous college roommate had transferred to Embry-Riddle and another girl and I went to visit and took a day to go to Disney.

I think I'd really like Epcot.

Pie 09-30-2009 10:27 AM

I would rather gouge my eye out with a fork than endure anything <shudder> Disney.

Cape Canaveral. Srsly.

Shawnee123 09-30-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pie (Post 598337)
I would rather gouge my eye out with a fork than endure anything <shudder> Disney.

Cape Canaveral. Srsly.

That is the one FL thing my parents DID take us to.

I'm not a big fan of Disney either, one of the anti-christs along with Wally World and Time-Warner, but I love amusement parks and the like.

Juniper 09-30-2009 02:46 PM

I thought I would also hate Disney, but I didn't, not at all. :)

monster 09-30-2009 10:01 PM

I'm also not Disney. but I still want to see first hand, and so do the kids. So tell us how to do it cheap and kick disney one in the financial nuts! ;)

Kitsune 10-02-2009 11:39 AM

It is Food and Wine Festival time at EPCOT. Take a big wad of singles with you and eat/drink yourself around the world.

Chocolatl 10-03-2009 08:07 AM

To clarify, Food & Wine is going on now. Last I remember there are no special events going on in Feb.

allears.net is a great website with lots of advice and money saving tips.

One of the best money savers would be to bring snacks from home. While the food IS one of the best things about Disney, it can all cost quite a bit. The meal plan is a good route if you're going to go to the parks for a few days. When I was a kid and we used to go once or twice a year, someone would bring a backpack full of snacks from home. Pretzels, some apples, etc. Just so that when the kids were clammoring about hunger, no one had to shell out $4.50 for Mickey-shaped pretzels.

monster 10-03-2009 05:08 PM

Are there "no outside food" rules? and if so, are they easy to violate? we always bring our own -either openly or stealthily- because no-one likes they stuff you buy, rip-off or not.