The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

jinx 12-02-2008 02:22 PM

What does the police report say?

Sorry about your car btw (any pics?)... and your neck.

LabRat 12-02-2008 02:28 PM

Unfortunately the computer that prints the report out in the car was not working so it is in the mail to us. I know the driver of the truck recieved a moving violation, becasue I was present when the cop handed it to him.

I took a few pics with my phone, but they are crappy. I didn't have my other camera with me. Dunno if Red took any when he went to the repair shop.

SteveDallas 12-02-2008 05:08 PM

If he got a ticket and you didn't, the other insurance company will cough up. It may take a while.

Have you seen a doctor? I would sooner rather than later. It's probably not serious, but if you end up having trouble you want a baseline.

footfootfoot 12-02-2008 07:22 PM

Srsly. I thought I was fine after my car accident and a friend told me to start a paper trail that day. I saw a doc, etc. etc. turns out I ended up with permanent damage to C6, C7 and something like 17% disability in my neck and permanent numbness in part of my arm and a few fingers.

Just don't do any triathlons until after the settlement...

ZenGum 12-02-2008 10:47 PM

What they said. Start the paper trail ASAP.

LabRat 12-03-2008 03:43 PM

Holy crap. [/Peter Boyle]

No pain meds needed today, so not likely I've fractured anything but my pride. If I have to hear one more person ask me why I wasn't driving the old car, I'm going to implode.

Good news is that threats have succeeded in getting things moving so that I can get a rental car and get the car fixed.

Bad news is that they dicked around long enough that there isn't a rental car to be had in the city because of all the other accidents...

Big Red 12-03-2008 05:04 PM

I still would like to know why you were not driving the old car that day honey? We could have been done with that damm thing for good!
You Should have listen to me we would have had a Christmas Bonus!

Aliantha 12-03-2008 05:06 PM

*listens to the sound of LR quietly imploding*

dar512 12-04-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 510250)
If I have to hear one more person ask me why I wasn't driving the old car, I'm going to implode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Red (Post 510298)
I still would like to know why you were not driving the old car that day honey? We could have been done with that damm thing for good!
You Should have listen to me we would have had a Christmas Bonus!

Um, Lab? You haven't done anything...regrettable in the last 24 hours, have you?

sweetwater 12-04-2008 09:43 AM

If you think there might be permanent damage, do as everyone says and get all the paperwork, document phone calls, all that. Check for images off intersection and security cameras in the area. Sometimes the appearance of a thick file of supporting evidence is extremely helpful for getting cooperation. But the best result would be no permanent damge, of course. Heal well and quickly.

SteveDallas 12-04-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 510250)
If I have to hear one more person ask me why I wasn't driving the old car, I'm going to implode.

That's one of the most considerate things I've ever heard.... most people would explode, but the implosion will leave much less mess to clean up.

footfootfoot 12-04-2008 11:12 AM

How the fuck can we be overdrawn? We still have checks!!!

Treasenuak 12-04-2008 03:14 PM

-falls over laughing- I heard of a military spouse who had the same outlook on checking accounts. The family ended up $60,000 overdrawn.

lumberjim 12-04-2008 04:21 PM

glad you're OK Labbermiah Lingleheimerschmidt

lumberjim 12-04-2008 10:23 PM

the lag for sock puppet activation is totally scorching my groove. it's harshing my mellow, and pissing in my cheerios too.