The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What wouldn't be improved by...... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=32214)

monster 09-22-2016 06:24 PM

What wouldn't be improved by......

As I was picking green beans tonight, I really wished there was a cup/beer can holder right there in the vines, part of the assortment of stakes.... I have previously wished for one on my mower. But a bajillion years ago, I thought my kids stroller handle was a really stupid place for one because of the risk of spilling possible hot liquid on the baby......

Earlier in the day, I wished for cheese on my lunch. I remember a thread on here about the addition of sharp cheddar making everything better. But I remembered I had once been somewhere where extra cheese was a menu option, and I thought "if ever there was something you wouldn't want extra cheese on....."

So, what WOULDN'T be improved by adding.......

1) a cup holder
2) cheese
3) the company of a cat or dog
4) googly eyes
5) humor
6) a smile
7) an outlet and charging station
8) a lolcat caption
9) a write-in option
10) __________________

Undertoad 09-22-2016 06:35 PM

The Apollo spacecraft would not be improved by adding a cup holder. You can't use cups to drink liquid in space. You don't want to drink before launch, you'd probably vomit it up. There's not much room in the capsule, so it would have to be retractable; then it would never be swung out and used. But it would have to be highly engineered, and tested, so it would add to the cost of the project, for no good purpose.

monster 09-22-2016 06:42 PM

fair point. cat or dog might be tricky there too...

xoxoxoBruce 09-22-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

I thought my kids stroller handle was a really stupid place for one because of the risk of spilling possible hot liquid on the baby......
Hot beer?

monster 09-22-2016 08:05 PM

absolutely

monster 09-22-2016 08:06 PM

I'm honestly failing to think of anything that wouldn't be improved by googly eyes.

Undertoad 09-22-2016 08:43 PM

A corpse at a funeral.

Gravdigr 09-22-2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 969544)
fair point. cat or dog might be tricky there too...

Well, cats are tricky anywhere...:neutral:

Undertoad 09-22-2016 09:02 PM

A cat would be improved with googly eyes

Clodfobble 09-22-2016 09:10 PM

Actual eyeballs would not be improved by googly eyes. The glue would make you scream and you'd lose all adorableness right off the bat. Eyelids is the closest you could get.

Happy Monkey 09-22-2016 09:56 PM

a page of text

Sundae 09-23-2016 06:56 AM

I'm not sure there's anything edible (and Western) that can't be improved by Tabasco. Oh and cheese. Except cornflakes.

What the heck were you being served which wouldn't have been approved by cheese?
Oh, rereading, you did write "extra" cheese. So maybe it was already at the cheese-limit.

And I'd still alway rather have a cat than not, UT. Even in space. Imagine how cute it would look in zero-g? I've dealt with another person's child having a poop explosion so extreme I had to wash his shoes out. I can float about with a net after a cat.

lumberjim 09-23-2016 01:34 PM

So, what WOULDN'T be improved by adding.......

1) a cup holder

A cup

2) cheese

Hot fudge sundae
3) the company of a cat or dog

Sex
4) googly eyes

Marty Feldman
5) humor

Your sister dying at the WTC on 9/11
6) a smile

Rape

7) an outlet and charging station

Bathtub

8) a lolcat caption

Crime scene photos

9) a write-in option

This election. We're fucked

10) _________bacon

My diet

footfootfoot 09-23-2016 04:29 PM

Googly eyes would also be inappropriate at most crime scenes.

limey 09-23-2016 04:57 PM

There's a cheese limit?

Sent by thought transference