The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Products I wholeheartedly endorse (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16635)

footfootfoot 01-22-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 707316)
I enjoy the process.

Do you also wear plus fours?

Griff 01-22-2011 01:37 PM

No, I only wear knickers for fencing. I do break out the old-school wool pants though. I'm putting together a system for geezer living.

footfootfoot 01-22-2011 03:17 PM

I had the knickers, the wool knee socks, Icelandic sweater. I have a new pair of Dachstein mittens. They rule.
http://www.climbers-shop.com/images/...=400&width=520

Griff 01-22-2011 03:26 PM

*drool*

zippyt 01-22-2011 08:56 PM

I have a Pair of icelandic fishermen socks from back in the 80s ( When I was stationed ther ) They are my its TOOOO fucking Cold to be out side fall backs ,
still thick and full , they come up to my Knees , and are WAY to HOT to whear unless its the CLODEST of days

Pete Zicato 01-22-2011 09:30 PM

If you use Muro 128 then you should try this stuff. It's better and cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

skysidhe 02-05-2011 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
La Croix Cran Raspberry sparkling water.

Most flavored sparkling waters I cannot tolerate. I think it is the artificial sweetener so, I usually buy plain but wow, these are SO GOOD!

No artificial sweetener as far as I can tell. mmm

Sundae 02-05-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 707348)
*drool*

Monster, please note - Griff is up for some mitten munching.
Quote:

Originally Posted by skysidhe (Post 710017)
La Croix Cran Raspberry sparkling water.

Lovely as it looks, I have two issues with this.
One, Lacroix (the designer) is horribly outre... It looks like someone won a million pounds, sprayed themself in glue then rolled through a fabric and gold thread store. I used to walk by their HQ when I worked on Sloane Street in London - get me! (very swish street)

Second, anything raspberry flavoured makes me retch since being forced to drink a revolting raspberry flavoured medicine called Pripsen when I was a child. It was the only time I refused my Mum anything and she was reduced to bribing me. My fear or the wretched taste was actually higher than my fear of her.

Of course if it has natural flavours I'd cancel the above objections - I adore raspberries. I made an extraordinary cake last summer, topped with Baileys Cream and raspberries. I intended it to become a Signature Dish (ie something I always made on request). Mum nixed that. Razzies being too sour apparently. :mecry:

skysidhe 02-05-2011 05:20 PM

I suppose, memories of gaudy apparel and sour mums can turn any one off.
:yesnod:

limey 02-06-2011 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 710026)
... makes me retch since being forced to drink a revolting raspberry flavoured medicine called Pripsen when I was a child. It was the only time I refused my Mum anything and she was reduced to bribing me. My fear of the wretched taste was actually higher than my fear of her....

I have an incident like that in my past. I can't remember the name of the medecine, but I spat it out all over the bedclothes in a big raspberry and my mum was so cross/upset she said (for the only time in her life) "Wait til you father gets home!". I was so scared of him (without reason, I think it was the magnitude of my mum's upsetness that scared me IYKWIM) that I hid under the bed when I heard him come upstairs. They were both pretty apologetic that they'd scared me so much. Can't remember if they managed to persuade/bribe me to take the stuff. It was FOUL :vomit:

skysidhe 04-15-2011 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Instead of buying a tea pot, I chose a Turkish coffee pot instead. I like the fact it is small and serves more than one purpose. You can make hot cocoa, make a sauce and make tea too. :)

HungLikeJesus 04-15-2011 01:28 PM

You can also use it to whack a mole.

infinite monkey 04-15-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 723368)
You can also use it to whack a mole.

You really need to stop being so funny. :mad2:

:D

Pico and ME 04-15-2011 02:12 PM

I luv his little interjections.

Trilby 04-15-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 723404)
I luv his little interjections.

Hey! An interjection starts the sentence right.

skysidhe 04-19-2011 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I already own a pair sennheiser headphones with great sound but sometimes I would like to listen to something without them on my head.

I found these great little $10 dollar speakers. They have clear undistorted sound. They don't have to be on high volume for me to hear them.

I have tried several brands and these are the best for a laptop I have found, that is if all you want to do is hear something on low volume and without distortion. No bass or rich full sound but not bad either.

Tulip 04-19-2011 12:24 PM

I'm looking for small, inexpensive speakers for the computer at the office. They have this nasty old speaker that produce distorted sounds. But no one else cares. Since I care, I gonna get some new ones. So, Skysidhe, what brand are these? Or where did you get them?

skysidhe 04-19-2011 01:58 PM

I cannot remember the name. I found them at the check stand at Walmart. :unsure: The one where normal dressers are.

The symbol on the front of the speakers might be the brand symbol. Maybe someone knows.

You also plug your mp3 or ipod into them. :) I hope you can find them!

Tulip 04-19-2011 05:51 PM

Ahh...thanks. That's enough info. I think I can look for them.

skysidhe 04-19-2011 05:56 PM

good luck! I hope you can find them or something suitable.

morethanpretty 04-27-2011 11:10 PM

any one have a good "don't pee here" spray they'd endorse for dogs?

Gravdigr 05-22-2011 03:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Whatever you do, don't put a Blueberry Ugly on top of your head. Your tongue will beat your brains trying to get to it.

:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Gravdigr 05-22-2011 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty (Post 728142)
any one have a good "don't pee here" spray they'd endorse for dogs?

If it's your dog(s) your worrying with, you might try feeding them where you don't want them to pee. I've always heard dogs won't crap where they eat, maybe it'll work with pee?

Undertoad 05-22-2011 08:51 AM

You have to restrict the dog's movement to somewhere he won't pee, and then praise him to holy hell when he goes outside.

Trilby 06-01-2011 08:01 AM

Wendy's Berry Almond Chicken salad is da bomb.

Seriously good and not bad for you, either.

Sliced strawberries, blueberries, sliced almonds, warm grilled chicken, asagio cheese, three kinds of greens and raspberry vin. dressing. :yum:

Sundae 06-01-2011 01:07 PM

NO!
You know I love you Bri, but that is wrong.
For a start it is not a salad.
A fruit salad maybe?
But a fruit salad does not have meat in.

Also, a salad containing meat does not need another source of protein.
So what are the almonds doing apart from ruining it?

It's all wrong.
It is not good for you.
I would not let you buy it for me.

Please note that most of the above is based on my dislike of almonds and that my "advice" has no nutritional basis whatsoever.

wolf 06-01-2011 01:50 PM

I'll eat your almonds, sundae.

America has a long history of the fruit and chicken salads ... waldorf, for one. And Panera's Fuji Apple Chick Salad (with gorgonzola cheese and candied walnuts) is completely awesome. And the Asian Chicken Salads usually have mandarin oranges.

Yummy.

wolf 06-01-2011 01:53 PM

The Ninja

I know that it does lots of other things, but so far, it makes lovely ice cream from just milk and frozen fruit. Having some mango, now.

It also works with hippie non-dairy milk-like beverages. I have a batch of strawberry oat-milk in the freezer.

Pete Zicato 06-01-2011 02:05 PM

Real ice cream or milk slushie? If so, how was it done? Looks like a blender.

Gravdigr 06-01-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 737694)
I'll eat your almonds, sundae.

You kinky thing you.

Gravdigr 06-01-2011 02:18 PM

Sundae's got somebody to eat her almonds...now if I could just get someone to lick my nuts...

wolf 06-01-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 737697)
Real ice cream or milk slushie? If so, how was it done? Looks like a blender.

Real ice cream. Surprised the heck out of me when it actually worked AS SEEN ON TV!! Came out like soft-serve, then you can put it into the freezer to harden more.

If you put too much fruit you do end up with something more like a milk slushie. At least that's what happened with the Oat-milk, but it may have been a function of the Oat Milk rather than the over-fruiting, but I'm blaming the over-fruiting.

Okay, it's not exactly like ice cream ... an ice cream freezer beats the air in more slowly, and the mouthfeel is different, but it's ice cream.

The Ninja is a high-powered blender, but the blade configuration makes it both more dangerous and more versatile. I haven't tried to make the snow yet. Snow is the big exciting thing to do with it.

And the iced coffee slushie. I'm looking forward to that, too.

My next project is going to be peanut butter. And honey roasted cashew butter.

Trilby 06-01-2011 03:05 PM

I think wolf needs to open up a hippie-food-to-go store.

for the busy hippie.

and Sundae, I meant no disrespect! (But it IS a good...whatever it is) :D

Sundae 06-01-2011 03:10 PM

FTR - today I had a Mr Whippy.

That's the air-whipped pseudo ice-cream that Mrs Thatcher helped develop so that big business didn't need to use real products, just air. When she became Prime Minister she went one step further and took free milk away from school children.
So she was called The Milk Snatcher. In polite society.

Wolf, I respect you as a Dwellar.
And as a woman.
And as an intelligent human being.
And all that and everything.

So why would you do this to me?

I accept that it might be a national trait to condone abberations like chicken and fruit. You're foreign, I can't really counsel you. But peanut butter? OMG.

I really hope you don't die in the Peanut Butter and Banana Epidemic of 2011.
I mean, honestly, I really hope you don't.
But if you do....... can I have some of your Hello Kitty stuff?

Do you have a cookie stamp?
I REALLY want one but can't justify the cost (or postage!)
I mean, I'd deal with your death much better if I had that.

wolf 06-01-2011 03:29 PM

I actually don't have a cookie stamp.

And I do have a real ice cream maker, that uses real cream, and real time to lovingly blend my ingredients together.

I just don't have enough room in the freezer for the churn.

And peanut butter is our national vegetable. Legume. Whatever. Beats the heck out of Marmite.

BigV 06-02-2011 12:28 PM

point of order

"real" ice cream makers don't fit into freezers too small to walk into. "real" ice cream makers bring the refrigeration to the side of the churn with ice and salt.

you may proceed

footfootfoot 06-02-2011 01:14 PM

"... I've made over 25,000 pints of real ice cream, but do they call me a real ice cream maker..?"

But you blow ONE goat

Gravdigr 06-04-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 737716)
FTR - today I had a Mr Whippy.

I have a Mr. Whippy. Prolly not the same thing...

;)

capnhowdy 06-05-2011 07:34 AM

The Peavey XR 8600-D. Very sweet.

regular.joe 06-26-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 737890)
"... I've made over 25,000 pints of real ice cream, but do they call me a real ice cream maker..?"

But you blow ONE goat

That's FUCK a goat...fuck a goat....sheesh.

footfootfoot 06-26-2011 11:16 PM

:eek: I didn't realize anyone was watching.

wolf 07-11-2011 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Duct Tape is like the Force.

It has a Light side,

A Dark side,

And it holds the universe together.

This duct tape holds the universe together with happiness and love.

monster 07-11-2011 08:36 PM

I need to get some of that for my ceramics teacher....

Lola Bunny 07-11-2011 11:23 PM

:eek: I...WANT...THAT...DUCT TAPE!!!! :D Where did you find it, Wolf? :D

xoxoxoBruce 07-11-2011 11:31 PM

Here.;)

wolf 07-11-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Bunny (Post 744279)
:eek: I...WANT...THAT...DUCT TAPE!!!! :D Where did you find it, Wolf? :D

Target.

They also had zebra stripes, several other cool colors, plaid, I don't know what else. They all faded into the background when I beheld the finest of all duct tape.

classicman 07-12-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

beheld the finest of all duct tape.
Sounds like a user title ...

Spexxvet 07-12-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 744283)
Target.

They also had zebra stripes, several other cool colors, plaid, I don't know what else. They all faded into the background when I beheld the finest of all duct tape.

$35!?! You must really like kitty

infinite monkey 07-12-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 744311)
$35!?! You must really like kitty

Spexxvett, meet wolf. Wolf...Spexxvett. :p:

wolf 07-12-2011 03:17 PM

How the heck are you coming up with $35? I mean it was more expensive than plain gray, but it was only like $5 ...

EDIT: Ah, I see. Amazon is charging that for six rolls of HK Duck Tape.

Spexxvet 07-13-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 744387)
EDIT: Ah, I see. Amazon is charging that for six rolls of HK Duck Tape.

D'oh! I didn't notice the quantity.:blush:

infinite monkey 07-13-2011 09:20 AM

You could restrain a lot of hobos with that amount of duct tape!

Spexxvet 07-13-2011 09:47 AM

Or make one big hobo mummy.;)

Undertoad 07-13-2011 09:48 AM

Hobo Kitty

infinite monkey 07-13-2011 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Pete Zicato 07-20-2011 12:41 PM

I haven't had black cherry soda in a long time; partly because the only thing I could find was overly sweetened crap. Just lately I went looking for some 'cause I wanted something different. The local grocery store (Jewel) had no black cherry soda at all.

Amazingly, I found a really good black cherry soda in an unlikely place - Walgreens.

They have their own line of premium soda made with sugar, not HFCS. Look for the Orchard Black Cherry in the glass bottle.

wolf 07-20-2011 01:09 PM

oooh. Black Cherry Wishniak memories.

I wonder if it tastes that kind of right. I'll have to check them out, there's a Wallgreen's up the street. And down the street, as it happens.

footfootfoot 07-20-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 745489)
I haven't had black cherry soda in a long time; partly because the only thing I could find was overly sweetened crap. Just lately I went looking for some 'cause I wanted something different. The local grocery store (Jewel) had no black cherry soda at all.

Amazingly, I found a really good black cherry soda in an unlikely place - Walgreens.

They have their own line of premium soda made with sugar, not HFCS. Look for the Orchard Black Cherry in the glass bottle.

I resorted to DIY sodas by going to the co-op (or local flake shop health foods) or, if you have one, a shop that carries baltic/slavic/eastern Euro foods, and buying black cherry concentrate or elderberry or pomegranate concentrate or whatever flavor and adding my own fizzy water.

wolf 07-20-2011 03:03 PM

Just add your own fizz.

One of my friends just got one of these. It is beyond awesome.

zippyt 07-20-2011 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
in this heat ?
Hydration packs RULE !!!!!!
I have this one ,
2 Liters of life when you have to work in 100 degree heat