The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cellar Dreamin' (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13657)

Elspode 03-24-2007 09:17 AM

Cellar Dreamin'

I freely admit that it is weird as hell, but last night, I dreamed that LJ and Jinx - and their kids - showed up at my house unannounced, and proceeded to throw a party. It was a *great* party, world class, in fact, and featured bonfires, sliding on a frozen pond, and cast members of various home improvement shows. There may also have been a couple of other notables, and even a few other Cellarites, but things started to get weird pretty quickly (like the original concept wasn't weird enough).

I can only attribute this to the stress of being forcibly separated from my Cellar community during work hours.

Now, what about the rest of you? Anyone else here ever dream about The Cellar or its denizens? Please tell me I'm not alone in my somnabulent psychosis.

elSicomoro 03-24-2007 03:17 PM

I used to dream about killing or beating the crap out a lot of Dwellars back in the day. I haven't had a Cellar dream in ages, though.

Bullitt 03-24-2007 03:43 PM

I remember posting about one I had doing security for some concert with a couple Cellar folks.. it was a good time.
[[edit]]
and after some digging...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt (Post 283939)
Last night was nuts.. one of those long dreams that seem like they won't ever end..
I was at a concert trying to keep the scuzz from sneaking in by jumping fences and crap, and bruce was helpin me out, along with glatt, bigv, ibram, and flint. Everytime I looked at one of ya'll your name in green type would appear over your body. And bruce, you were freakin sweet man. This crazy chick kept comin after me tryin to bite me and scratch me and crap, and you took her down with a taser pistol every time she'd come after me (~10 times i'm guessing). Then the show started and we all chilled on the lawn and drank coronas.

good times with cellarites

Kagen4o4 03-24-2007 05:04 PM

you know you've been a cellar member too long when....

lumberjim 03-25-2007 09:12 AM

I dream about skysidhe almost every night. I dream that she is the queen of the Faerie, and lives in the gloaming........ In the dreams, she is surrounded by muzzlin that blows in a swirl around her, and Jimi Hendrix music plays soflty in the background. She holds a doberman puppy in her left hand and a staff topped with little pink butterfly wings in her right. She always says the same thing to me. It's too beautiful and personal to share with you all in such a public way, but I always wake up weeping.

SteveDallas 03-25-2007 10:01 AM

I never have.

Until last night. Sort of. (You probably made me do it by starting this thread.)

Background: I'm in sunny Savannah, GA (approx. 40 degrees warmer than Philadelphia) at a conference. My flight was uneventful, but painful in that my ears never popped when we landed. I don't sleep fabulously well in hotels in the best of circumstances and last night was fitful.. by the time I woke up I had a massive headache and lots of congestion. (I have now drugged myself courtesy of the hotel gift shop and I'm optimistic that I will feel up to attending the opening lecture at 1PM.)

So anyway... in my dream.. I am at wolf's office, where I apparently also work. (Wolf herself never makes an appearance.) I am a bit hungry, and I notice there is a box full of yummy donuts, so I decide to have one. Then I notice that a pot of coffee has just started to brew, so I decide to wait for the coffee to finish so I can have a cup and a donut together. While I'm waiting, I head back to my office, which bears a suspicious resemblance to the guest bedroom at my parents' house. My (and wolf's) boss comes in and starts criticizing me for the number of maps I have. As he says this, I suddenly realize that the bed, nightstand, and dresser are just covered in road maps, topographical maps, etc. etc.

I then realize that the coffee is probably ready so the boss and I go back to the other room to pour ourselves some coffee. As I drink the coffee, I start thinking that since I've visited Undertoad's office and had coffee there [never really happened], and also at richlevy's [also never really happened], I should make it a goal to have a cup of coffee at the workplaces of as many Dwellars as possible.

No offense, Elspode, but if I'm going to be this suggestible, why can't you suggest a more "interesting" dream? (I think you know what I'm talking about.)

Elspode 03-25-2007 05:22 PM

I hesitate to discuss my dreams about LabRat, Sundae Girl, Case, Bri and so many of the other Cellar ladies, but do feel free to improvise as you see - or, rather, dream fit.

skysidhe 03-25-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 326156)
I dream about skysidhe almost every night. I dream that she is the queen of the Faerie, and lives in the gloaming........ In the dreams, she is surrounded by muzzlin that blows in a swirl around her, and Jimi Hendrix music plays soflty in the background. She holds a doberman puppy in her left hand and a staff topped with little pink butterfly wings in her right. She always says the same thing to me. It's too beautiful and personal to share with you all in such a public way, but I always wake up weeping.

lol
no that's not MY dream lj. * kicks you in the knee cap*
* wipes the drippy sticky sarcasm off * hehe funny though:)

Aliantha 03-25-2007 08:19 PM

I quite pleased to say that I've never dreamed about any of you. I can't quite imagine dreaming about an internet site.

DucksNuts 03-25-2007 08:29 PM

Dont lie Ali, you've have dreams about me!!

I know you have.

Aliantha 03-25-2007 08:31 PM

Sssshhh Ducky! I told you not to tell them what we've been....err...ummm...just be quiet will you!!!

lumberjim 03-25-2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skysidhe (Post 326364)
lol
no that's not MY dream lj. * kicks you in the knee cap*
* wipes the drippy sticky sarcasm off * hehe funny though:)

actually, i was just checking to see if you really had me on your ignore list. guess not.

skysidhe 03-25-2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 326397)
actually, i was just checking to see if you really had me on your ignore list. guess not.

I knew you were. I fell for it like a bee on honey too!

I did remove you from my ignore list in the light of your long overdue worship of my faireness. :)

Spexxvet 03-25-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode (Post 326319)
I hesitate to discuss my dreams about LabRat, Sundae Girl, Case, Bri and so many of the other Cellar ladies, but do feel free to improvise as you see - or, rather, dream fit.

Were they wet?

lumberjim 03-25-2007 08:53 PM

worship is exactly the word i would have chosen. I didn't feel like I could be so forward, though. I know you have been offended by my jibes and jests, and I trust that you realize that my emotional instability leads me to try to hurt those that i admire. You must have been able to discern that for yourself, I'm sure. Crazy as it sounds, I admire the hell out of you.

skysidhe 03-25-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 326417)
worship is exactly the word i would have chosen. I didn't feel like I could be so forward, though. I know you have been offended by my jibes and jests, and I trust that you realize that my emotional instability leads me to try to hurt those that i admire. You must have been able to discern that for yourself, I'm sure. Crazy as it sounds, I admire the hell out of you.

You just slipped back into stupid lj. The energy it took to highlight those words is obsessional at best. Anyone can see it if they quote your post. Hey guys check it out. Quote his post and just see the enormous effort it takes one guy to be a childish cunt.
What kind of loser goes to such extremes? haha. I'm laughing at you now. damn what a shame :)

Your'e back on ignore. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and you've proven yourself to be worthless once again. * click*

Elspode 03-25-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 326409)
Were they wet?

I'm sure that, if I were allowed sufficient close access to these lovelies, they would be.

Oh...oh my. You were referencing my *dreams*, weren't you? Whoops.:blush:

Sundae 03-26-2007 03:08 AM

People from the Cellar regularly feature in my dreams. I often seem to Guest Star characters as aspects of myself, or to represent the way I feel about current situations. I reckon someone online fits the bill pretty well when I have limited contact with large personalities in real life.

I've related two of my Cellar dreams here.

I also dreamed quite recently that someone told me Wolf was Bruce's ex-wife. Apparantly she had left him, but was still very protective of him. I was really annoyed in the dream, that there had been this whole other dynamic going on and everyone had been aware of it but me. I was obsessively trying to remember all my responses to both of them to see if I'd put my foot in it.

xoxoxoBruce 03-26-2007 05:42 AM

If either of my ex's were on the board, believe me, everyone would know about it, very quickly. :comp1:

lumberjim 03-26-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skysidhe (Post 326426)
You just slipped back into stupid lj. The energy it took to highlight those words is obsessional at best.

yeah, whew. I'm still tired from it. whew....all that clicking. oh, and the pointing. I thought it was worth the effort, though. i know I got a laugh out of at least one or two dwellars, too.

i hope you know that i don't actually think you're crazy. Not like ...should be institutionalized, crazy. You're definitley a little bit crazy, but so am I and so are we all. but especially you. In a good way though! I like the way that you're crazy. I know it sounds nuts, but I really am bonkers for your style. kuckoo, if you will, for skysidhe puffs.

footfootfoot 03-26-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 326542)
I thought it was worth the effort, though. i know I got a laugh out of at least one or two dwellars, too.

oh shit, it was good for me man. You are an hilarious bastrad. makes me think twice about deep sixing my internets connection.

I'd pay $14.95 for a "best of LJ" posts book.

lumberjim 03-26-2007 09:36 AM

BRILLIANT!

nah.

zippyt 03-26-2007 07:33 PM

Why not Lj , to much pointing , clicking , copy and pasteing ???

lumberjim 03-26-2007 07:39 PM

no, too much vanity. my head is big enough, thnx

Elspode 03-26-2007 07:41 PM

Exactly what would be expected from someone with such an enormous cock.

skysidhe 03-26-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 326546)
oh shit, it was good for me man. You are an hilarious bastrad. makes me think twice about deep sixing my internets connection.

I'd pay $14.95 for a "best of LJ" posts book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode (Post 326710)
Exactly what would be expected from someone with such an enormous cock.

You like the ole status quo because your on his good side?

You think he likes his cock? No, I am sure he imagines he has a vagina inside all those fat folds between his legs. He's an idiot to anyone with a brain.

Now before I get sick on all the poison the fat one likes to spew I might just give you a kick and leave. Shit like this isn't worth it.

zippyt 03-26-2007 08:17 PM

and leave.

Ya promise ??!!??

jinx 03-26-2007 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skysidhe (Post 326717)
You think he likes his cock? No, ...

Well, I like his cock... so at least he's got that going for him. :rolleyes:

Elspode 03-26-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

You like the ole status quo because your on his good side?

You think he likes his cock? No, I am sure he imagines he has a vagina inside all those fat folds between his legs. He's an idiot to anyone with a brain.

Now before I get sick on all the poison the fat one likes to spew I might just give you a kick and leave. Shit like this isn't worth it.

I'm not taking sides. I'm just making jokes. Its my job. I defend neither LJ nor you, SS. I get along with pretty much everyone. I'm terminally Libra.

There have been rare exceptions, but most have them have been much, much over the line. Some people's lines are drawn closer in than others.

BTW...was the fat thing aimed at me, too? 'Cause its true you know. I'm fat. Old and fat. And funny.

lumberjim 03-27-2007 06:49 AM

ew, damn. rough visual.

careful, sky. people will say that you have something of a dark side.

Spexxvet 03-27-2007 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 301412)
dude, stop thinking about my cock.

It always seems to come to this, doesn't it?

Beestie 03-27-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

He's an idiot to anyone with a brain.

Don't flatter yourself.

LabRat 03-27-2007 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skysidhe (Post 326426)
You just slipped back into stupid lj. ...Your'e back on ignore. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and you've proven yourself to be worthless once again. * click*

Is this sarcasm, or are you serious?

If it's sarcasm, please say so. But, judging by the responses, I'm geussing you are serious.

:chill: :chill:

Take 2 and wait to post till morning.

LabRat 03-27-2007 12:58 PM

Oh, and to get BACK ON TOPIC...

I don't recall dreaming of any Cellarites lately. Daydreaming, yes :blush: *, but not at night.

* I am so gonna get the 3rd degree for this from hubby once he sees this...

Shawnee123 05-21-2007 11:10 AM

SG urged me to mention this, so here goes:

Over the weekend I had a Cellar dream. It ended up being kind of a sporting event, but I knew some Cellarites would be there. There were long brick buildings with different team names printed on them, and I was looking for one dwellar in particular (I don't know why, I don't normally lust after people's typing.) I ended up seeing him in some event, with his CELLAR NAME on his hat. I went up and said "I knew you'd be here" and he gave me the sweetest little kiss.

Beyond that, I'm not saying a word. See, nothing good comes of cutting out the drinking: I sleep harder and dream better...or dream harder and sleep better (except I am penisless.) :mg: :heartpump :biglaugha

Sundae 06-04-2007 04:43 AM

I had another LJ dream this weekend. This was the weirdest one yet. Bear with me because the dream went through a couple of changes.

Brianna made a cake for the Cellar and iced it to look like Lumberjim's belly. It was hairy and had a belly button on the side (not sure why, perhaps to make it look like he was standing up?)

Now for some reason it was at my house, and I was laughing and joking with other Dwellars about how I wasn't going to bring it in (we all seemed to work together) but was going to eat it all myself. The website was more like an open window than the real version, so I was clowning around, pretending to lick the belly, and everyone could see me.

Then it shifted and the cake was actually mine, and I was only talking to Brianna and Lumberjim. I wanted to carry on the innuendo, but the truth was I really wasn't hungry, and the idea of taking even a bite of the cake frankly revolted me. I knew if either of them saw me pulling a face while eating they would be really offended, so I went all coy and said I'd leave it until I was on my own.

At that point it shifted again, and it turned out that in fact it was a representation of LJ's real belly, done with skin grafts and clones and electrodes and things. I know - but it made sense in the dream. Anyway, if I touched the belly in front of me, LJ would feel it on his real belly. I was delighted with the potential for naughtiness, and was trying to work out the time difference in order to cause maximum embarrassment... And then I woke up.

(Elements in this dream include a current Skoda advert where they make a car out of cake, the IoTD of the "skin" shoe, Bri posting about cake making and LJ trying to lose some weight)

xoxoxoBruce 06-04-2007 05:20 AM

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

Elspode 06-04-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 345259)
except I am penisless

Have I mentioned that the fact that you are penisless is, like, the first reason that I want you?

Shawnee123 06-05-2007 07:48 AM

Probably the only reason. ;)

DucksNuts 03-17-2008 07:50 PM

Hey HLJ....can you please stop being so critical of me in my dreams???

Last nite I was dreaming that you and a couple of other dwellars were discussing my failures in the romance department and the others were saying how they couldnt understand it....coz I'm great n stuff (I embellished a little ok) and YOU were all...."but she would be serious high maintenance. I dont think the pay off would be worth it"

You broke my little heart. :sniff:

skysidhe 03-17-2008 08:10 PM

You bumped a year old thread to address HLJ about a dream? He who hasn't posted in this thread and might not have seen it otherwise?...yet here it is.

Your dreams deserve a thread all by itself. :)

HungLikeJesus 03-17-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 439413)
Hey HLJ....can you please stop being so critical of me in my dreams???

Last nite I was dreaming that you and a couple of other dwellars were discussing my failures in the romance department and the others were saying how they couldnt understand it....coz I'm great n stuff (I embellished a little ok) and YOU were all...."but she would be serious high maintenance. I dont think the pay off would be worth it"

You broke my little heart. :sniff:

DN - now I feel bad. I might have to leave the Cellar forever. I didn't mean to --- hey, wait. What does high maintenance mean? I'm going to have to give this some serious thought.

DucksNuts 03-17-2008 08:29 PM

I thought about creating a new thread, but then I wouldnt want the *popular* kids to be bitching about me creating new threads that belong in ones that are already here.

HLJ is around and he better bloody read this thread!!

HungLikeJesus 03-17-2008 08:34 PM

Look up.

DucksNuts 03-17-2008 09:31 PM

Yeah, look at the time stamp. I was typing and got distracted :p

HungLikeJesus 03-17-2008 09:43 PM

I'm standing right behind you.

xoxoxoBruce 03-17-2008 10:17 PM

If you were she'd feel it.

HungLikeJesus 03-17-2008 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 439427)
I thought about creating a new thread, but then I wouldnt want the *popular* kids to be bitching about me creating new threads that belong in ones that are already here.

I've spent the last hour asking myself, "Who in the Cellar could be more popular than Ducks?" I can't think of anybody. Can you?

binky 03-17-2008 10:27 PM

I had a dream that I was going with Zippy to New Orleans to pick up my best friend at the airport, which is weird because one, I don't know him, and two, we are 150 miles from LAX and about 2000 from New Orleans

zippyt 03-17-2008 10:38 PM

I have that effect on people

HungLikeJesus 03-18-2008 12:12 AM

Ducks, you didn't answer my question: what do you mean by high maintenance?

DucksNuts 03-18-2008 05:42 AM

Fucked if I know HLJ, you said it!!!

What did you mean by high maintenance?

binky 03-18-2008 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 439468)
I have that effect on people

LOL

Trilby 03-18-2008 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 439499)

High maintenance means "hotter than f*ck"

that's you, ducky!

HungLikeJesus 03-18-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 439499)

I was just finding a lot of irony in the situation, if you know what I mean.

Sundae 05-10-2008 05:15 PM

Last night I dreamed that HM and I went to the seaside. He had friends in the area (Portsmouth in the dream, but nothing like it in reality) and I was very unhappy that he kept leaving me alone to go out with them. I was babysitting Anakin Skywalker and for some reason you could tell when the tide was coming in because it looked like milk.

I'd proposed something in the Cellar about ? matching human based silicone with DNA ? Made sense in the dream. It turned out it was actually possible and there was a new store that was selling "created humans".

And Brianna - completely English - was the hostess of one of these new outlets where you could design your ideal partner. But weirdly I was telling her about all the benefits, as if I was still posting in the Cellar. Like, you can choose a woman 5 foot 8 but give her really long legs and the ability to walk well in heels, or a short but curvy blonde who likes to grow her hair long etc etc

Then it switched to the guy who'd made the scientific breakthrough, who lived in that town. Sadly he was a paedophile and the technology was only discovered when social services were tipped off by neighbours about the amount of children that seemed to be living in the flat - he'd been creating and refining them to suit his own perverse needs.

At this point, Bri was my co-detective, like Cagney and Lacey, going in and interviewing these ?sim? children. It was all very traumatic in mood, but once we entered the flat the dream became very cartoony and my one remaining image is of a dog humping the chair and Bri and I assuming that this was also a "construct".

Trilby 05-10-2008 05:19 PM

glad I could help! ;)

What am I like being completely English? Better manners, cooler clothes, that sort of thing? I hope I wasn't a Mrs.Moneypenny type----!

:f58:

Sundae 05-10-2008 05:42 PM

You were the perfect hostess for a business that traded on looks.
VERY tall, long curly red hair- immaculately coiffed - and yes, you were in a grey pencil-skirted suit. Not Miss Moneypenny though - I have to admit when you first featured in the dream you were quite a pushy saleswoman.

It changed though, when we became co-crusaders. You were still driven, but more compassionate.

Damn - just remembered the prior part where I was on Big Brother and had to move a wooden structure without using my hands as a task. Sigh - it's all identifiable, if twisted.

footfootfoot 05-10-2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 326156)

lol'ing right back at ya!

Trilby 05-11-2008 08:35 AM

Lj--that was a Stevie Nicks music video, not a dream.