The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Philosophy (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   How Do You Live? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17396)

fargon 05-31-2008 10:26 AM

How Do You Live?

We live clean and happy. We do not suffer fools, or cheats, liars, and thieves.
We may be poor but we do not allow it to affect our attitude, sure their are things we want, like cars, and a bigger apartment. But we are happy with each other, and our christian lifestyle.

regular.joe 05-31-2008 05:02 PM

My mom once told me that she was worried about my soul, cause I hadn't given my heart to Jesus. I told her it was too late, I already gave it go God.

How do I live? Most of the time I chop wood and carry water...and try to pay attention.

classicman 05-31-2008 07:11 PM

I live the best I can - try to set a good example for my sons. Most times I am pretty happy - sometimes not... I'm lonely at times, but that is part of the ebb and flow of life.

Drax 05-31-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 458422)
I live the best I can

FTMW! :D

Cloud 05-31-2008 09:14 PM

:vomitblu:

Flint 06-02-2008 09:43 AM

quality of life over quantity of stuff

We live on a single income so that our children can be raised at home by their mother.

SteveDallas 06-02-2008 09:51 AM

For people who never do anything or go anywhere, we have surprisingly hectic lives.

Flint 06-02-2008 09:55 AM

Tell me about it.

Buying a house, building a career, going back to school, and having two kids really shouldn't be done all at once.

skysidhe 06-02-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 458753)
For people who never do anything or go anywhere, we have surprisingly hectic lives.

I don't usually like bumper stickers but your motto just might make it on one.

Undertoad 06-02-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon (Post 458350)
We live clean and happy. We do not suffer fools, or cheats, liars, and thieves.
We may be poor but we do not allow it to affect our attitude, sure their are things we want, like cars, and a bigger apartment. But we are happy with each other, and our christian lifestyle.

I bet it's not actually a Christian lifestyle so much as a lifestyle that the Christians you know validate and reinforce.

Unless you have washed the feet of some lepers recently.

It's just like the Muslim lifestyle in Muslim countries is not necessary a Muslim lifestyle per se, but reflects the culture of the peoplel living there. Arabs for example are extraordinarily kind to visitors. But this is not a Muslim thing, it's by necessity of living in desert conditions where if you are not kind to visitors they will die or kill you first.

I think.

spudcon 06-02-2008 11:36 AM

How is it that people who are not Christians know how Christians should live, and people who are not parents know best how to raise kids? And oh yeah, why is it we read advice from dead guys about how to live? OMG! I think I've become Andy Rooney!

Undertoad 06-02-2008 11:44 AM

I know how everybody should live, but because I'm such an S.O.B. I don't tell them. Let them figure it out for themselves.

Flint 06-02-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 458797)
Let them figure it out for themselves.

I still haven't determined what's my ass and what's a hole in the ground.

TheMercenary 06-02-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudcon (Post 458795)
How is it that people who are not parents know best how to raise kids?

I guess because there is a whole gamit of parents who should not be. Much of rasing kids is not rocket science and even those with average intelligence know that permits should be issued before you produce the spawn and only after you pass the test and gene pool screening by a group of judges.

skysidhe 06-02-2008 05:14 PM

I live on a wing and a prayer.