The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What's For Lunch? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=11404)

Perry Winkle 03-29-2007 07:12 AM

Today is Medina Kabob, a little restaurant on the other side of town. I'll probably have a veggie samosa, gyro, and hummus.

Sundae 03-29-2007 07:18 AM

Today I treated myself to McDonalds - Quarterpounder with cheese meal. Feel quite sleepy now.

The woman say across from me is eating some generic crisps (chips to you) from a huge bag. She is filling her fist with them and cramming them in her mouth. The greasy smell and the sound is making me feel quite ill - I might have to go back out of the office....

elSicomoro 03-29-2007 07:59 AM

They actually call them QP's over there? I know you guys still use Imperial measurements in the UK, but I thought maybe Royale was the standard name across Europe.

Breakfast sounds good, it being 8am here in St. Louis. I never did have those pancakes Saturday...

Sundae 03-29-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 327777)
They actually call them QP's over there? I know you guys still use Imperial measurements in the UK, but I thought maybe Royale was the standard name across Europe.

They are still QPs, yes. I wonder if they'll change when we finally go metric? I reckon they'll be one of the last things to go, if so. Along with miles....

It might be because we're quite good at calling things by foreign names in the UK. But more likely that we got McDonalds before the rest of Europe (this is a guess btw) and therefore before a name change was deemed necessary.

Undertoad 03-29-2007 10:07 AM

The name will change to "113 Grammer".

reader's note: this marks the 14th time this light joke has been made on the Internet.

elSicomoro 03-29-2007 10:19 AM

Good job...you got in on it early! :)

Shawnee123 03-29-2007 10:22 AM

I really need to get a life outside of movies I like...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 327777)

Vincent: And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Jules: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
Vincent: No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
Jules: Then what do they call it?
Vincent: They call it a Royale with cheese.
Jules: A Royale with cheese. What do they call a Big Mac?
Vincent: Well, a Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it le Big-Mac.
Jules: Le Big-Mac. Ha ha ha ha. What do they call a Whopper?
Vincent: I dunno, I didn't go into Burger King.

elSicomoro 03-29-2007 10:28 AM

I love the way Vincent says it when he and Jules are about to smoke those kids.

toaster 03-29-2007 11:46 AM

We're having a pot luck at my office today. So far I have ingested as much food as I usually do in one day and it is not yet noon. We have everything from crab dip to creme filled cupcakes.

Pie 03-29-2007 12:09 PM

Thai green curry beef.

elSicomoro 03-29-2007 12:21 PM

I had some chicken breast strips...because I'm obsessed with boobies.

That was actually breakfast...April and I will probably have lunch after I'm done at the doctor.

bluecuracao 03-29-2007 01:09 PM

Crabcake on an onion roll, mashed sweet potatoes with raisins and more onion, and a large coffee with soy milk.

BigV 03-29-2007 02:03 PM

corn chowder, reese's pieces, coffee

later.... more coffee, brownie, beef cup o ramen.

jinx 03-29-2007 05:21 PM

White tuna (butterfish) roll, tiger roll, miso

Sundae 03-30-2007 08:52 AM

When I was walking through the market at lunch today I walked into a pungent waft of garlic. I'm not sure where it came from, but it got into my head that I just had to have chicken kiev for lunch.

Now this used to be a staple of every pub menu as far as I remember, but I ended up wandering halfway across town without finding any.

In the end I compromised - in the last pub before work I had a pint of Diet Pepsi, gammon & pineapple with chips and peas and a grilled tomato (which I didn't eat - bleurgh). Oh and a portion of garlic bread on the side.

Have promised myself as soon as I stop working here I will go back to eating healthily - I've just got a real end of term feeling at the moment.