The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes and Stuff (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12106)

John Sellers 07-09-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 819138)
The only thing worse than a cold toilet seat is a warm toilet seat.

•spoken in to my phone

It was me. NUWAHAHAHA!

Lamplighter 07-09-2012 12:02 PM

A computer store in La Grand, OR is named: ByteMe

BigV 07-10-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by several posters
Brad Paisley this and Brad Paisley that....

whatever.

infi, thanks for the tip about the video, here's it is for others like me who hadn't seen it.

I will say this, Mr Paisley won my heart and my respect with this song,

I've commented before on this song in the lyrics with meaning thread. And these most lyrics most definitely have meaning for me. Thank you Mr Paisley.

John Sellers 07-10-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over.
Edna St. Vincent Millay, US poet (1892 - 1950)

Gravdigr 07-11-2012 05:12 PM

That may well be the truest things I've ever read.

Gravdigr 07-11-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Silence is a source of great strength.
~ Lao Tzu

Gravdigr 07-11-2012 05:22 PM

Just read "20 Great Hunter S. Thompson Quotes", by Brian Fairbanks, over at Trutv.com.

Here are some of the better ones:

Quote:

"There was one exact moment, in fact, when I knew for sure that Al Gore would never be President of the United States, no matter what the experts were saying -- and that was when the whole Bush family suddenly appeared on TV and openly scoffed at the idea of Gore winning Florida. The old man was the real tip-off. The leer on his face was almost frightening. It was like looking into the eyes of a tall hyena with a living sheep in its mouth. The sheep's fate was sealed, and so was Al Gore's."
Quote:

"The towers are gone now, reduced to bloody rubble, along with all hopes for Peace in Our Time, in the United States or any other country. Make no mistake about it: We are At War now with somebody and we will stay At War with that mysterious Enemy for the rest of our lives."
Quote:

"Bill Clinton does not inhale marijuana, right? You bet. Like I chew on LSD but I don't swallow it."
Quote:

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
All ~Hunter S. Thompson

infinite monkey 07-12-2012 08:19 AM

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
--Bertrand Russell

• spoken out of my ass

infinite monkey 07-12-2012 08:22 AM

Where's the 'and stuff' part of this thread?

(looks behind couch)

Hmmmmm.

• spoken out of my ass

jimhelm 07-12-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 819677)

• spoken out of my ass

Gravdigr 07-12-2012 04:49 PM

Oh shit...Tone Loc!?

• sang quietly to myself

Gravdigr 07-21-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

"We are going to rescue 70 American prisoners of war, maybe more, from a camp called Son Tay. This is something American prisoners have a right to expect from their fellow Soldiers."
(comments to the rescuers just before Operation Kingpin)

~Colonel Arthur D. "Bull" Simons

Gravdigr 07-23-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

"Let them kill, skin, and sell until the buffalo is exterminated, as it is the only way to bring lasting peace and allow civilization to advance."
~General Philip Sheridan

DanaC 07-23-2012 03:34 PM

Wow. The things we've done.

John Sellers 07-24-2012 02:27 AM

Quote:

The difference between stupid and dumb is, dumb is not knowing any better; stupid is knowing better, but doing it anyway.
Pamela Brewer