The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Relationships (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What is a friend? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28384)

sexobon 12-14-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 843756)
... My point is, you can be perfectly happy and still want to avoid people. Poor Dazza married me, so hes shit outta luck in that department, but one day he might kill me off and go live on some deserted beach.

:lol: "Life's a beach; then, you marry one." Apparently, Dazza's found a way to reverse the process!

Aliantha 12-14-2012 06:04 PM

It's not like I'm against living at the beach. We actually only live a couple of hundred metres away from the coastline anyway. It's just that if he killed me off, he'd get insurance money to pay off the house and stuff. Then he'd be all set.

Of course, the opposite is true too and in fact, I'd have more than enough to live pretty comfortably for the rest of my life if I invest wisely blah blah...if Dazza should happen to...fall off a boat or something...

Big Sarge 12-14-2012 11:51 PM

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I've got some other stuff going on and I am letting it get to me. Sometimes, I feel like I'm drowning. I was at the VA today and I believe the only way I can be happy is to deploy again.

LB - I hear you girl. I feel like a kindred soul

xoxoxoBruce 12-15-2012 01:13 PM

I had friends, but most of them died... which scared the rest away.:smack:

orthodoc 12-15-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sarge (Post 843925)
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I've got some other stuff going on and I am letting it get to me. Sometimes, I feel like I'm drowning. I was at the VA today and I believe the only way I can be happy is to deploy again.

LB - I hear you girl. I feel like a kindred soul

Sarge ... you have friends here, please don't ever doubt that. I'm sorry you're having to deal with a lot right now. Don't be too hard on yourself.

BigV 12-15-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 843994)

listen. I'm not scared of you, your dead friends, or your jokes. ok, most of your jokes.

Lola Bunny 12-16-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 843994)

I'll be your friend. I have a very long life line, so I'll stick around. :D

squirell nutkin 12-22-2012 07:13 PM

So yeah, a friend of mine, whom you all know, has thrown in the towel in his marriage. He's now running down the clock until things are settled. In the interim he's set up an eHarmony account. I'm not sure what advice to give him and was wondering if you all think this is premature. He seems to think it gives him hope that there is a future with an SO who would be fun and nice and like to have sex more than once a year and who doesn't get angry all the fucking time about nothing. And who doesn't nag or criticize.

Maybe he is living in a fantasy world.

Chocolatl 12-22-2012 09:09 PM

eHarmony told me I had no matches. :(

Having never been in your *friend's* shoes, I have no advice other than to take it easy. Many people I know have gotten in to crazy rebound relationships because they got so caught up in that butterfly feeling that hadn't been in their lives in so long.

Lola Bunny 12-22-2012 09:54 PM

A woman who doesn't nag or criticize? Now that's a fantasy. :lol:

ZenGum 12-22-2012 10:48 PM

www.mutechicks.com

For this friend, I suggest a holiday romance. Some loving would do him good, but without the longer term emotional investment. Can he find some suitable woman in a suitably distant city, who is looking for same?

ETA I'm disappointed to learn that isn't a real website.

Lola Bunny 12-23-2012 08:51 AM

Here, lookie!

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/10-m...164400962.html

There are other sites you could try. My ex signed up for match.com after we broke up. A woman contacted him right away, they clicked, and got married within a year. Success story for match.com.

Good luck to your friend, Squirrel.

Shawnee123 12-23-2012 09:04 AM

Oh squirrel, my advice to your friend is: way too soon. This is just my opinion. A friend of mine met a good woman not long after his, and her, divorce and they've been happily married for years. No dating site...i have no opinion on that...but i think they were very lucky that it worked.

There is no hurry. I think people need time by themselves. That's my take, and your friend's mileage may vary.

What do i know? I don't expect i will ever get married again.

Find happiness i guess is all i know. It doesn't always come from an SO...but it helps it along for sure.

But, let the body cool down, maybe?

Shawnee123 12-23-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Bunny (Post 844946)
A woman who doesn't nag or criticize? Now that's a fantasy. :lol:

I criticize myself all the time. However, perhaps i should have nagged for some respect, in my relationships. Not being a nag scores no long-term points...but i attracted guys who liked to take advantage of that about me. ;)

Lola Bunny 12-23-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 844977)
I criticize myself all the time.

Woman, that's one thing you need to do less of. ;)