The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Adventures in Ice Cream (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=11228)

melidasaur 07-13-2006 06:36 PM

Adventures in Ice Cream

I just got an ice cream maker and I'm trying to experiment with different flavors - the first batch was made with Guinness - so far, it tastes good. It's still mixing right now. Anyone have any good yet unusual flavors or ingredients to try (preferably alcohol based)?

bluecuracao 07-13-2006 08:23 PM

Champagne sorbet is delicious, and ice cream is better than sorbet...so Champagne ice cream would probably be amazing!

smoothmoniker 07-13-2006 09:00 PM

I would recommend not doing any Wasabi based flavors - it was the experimental flavor of the week at Cold Stone once, and like a fool, I had to try it. It was so bad, I had to eat two scoops of vanilla just to wash my mouth out.

Hoof Hearted 07-13-2006 10:04 PM

Knew someone that made homemade ice cream out of vanilla and Amaretto.

wolf 07-13-2006 10:17 PM

Banana Rum = Good (add to a basic vanilla base, IIRC)

Orange Sorbet with Peachtree Schnapps makes a nice Fuzzy Navel ... or you could do Peach sortbet with Grand Marnier, I suppose.

melidasaur 07-13-2006 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
Banana Rum = Good (add to a basic vanilla base, IIRC)

Orange Sorbet with Peachtree Schnapps makes a nice Fuzzy Navel ... or you could do Peach sortbet with Grand Marnier, I suppose.

ooooh, wolf - those sound good. I bought these really awesome peaches so I may try the orange sorbet with peach chunks and the schnapps.

SteveDallas 07-13-2006 11:06 PM

How do you intend to study for the bar exam while consuming all this booze?? :angel:

wolf 07-13-2006 11:07 PM

I think that she's going about studying for the bar the very best way.

My undergrad thesis defense was helped along by two shots of Jack and a beer back.

melidasaur 07-13-2006 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas
How do you intend to study for the bar exam while consuming all this booze?? :angel:

for some reason, i think it helps me stay sane! I don't really make the stuff for me, it's more for my friends so that they let me hang around and bitch about the bar exam.

footfootfoot 07-16-2006 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
I think that she's going about studying for the bar the very best way.

My undergrad thesis defense was helped along by two shots of Jack and a beer back.

Wolf's roomie:
"Hey Wolf, don't you have a thesis to work on? Should you be hittin' the sauce?"

Wolf: "Get off my back, it's on substance abuse, I'm doing research."

wolf 07-16-2006 12:57 PM

Actually, it was on immigration patterns and laws in Australia. My undergrad is in Geography and Planning.

It was still basically research, though, because Fosters is 'Straylian for beer, mate.

footfootfoot 07-16-2006 01:54 PM

It's hot enough to boil a monkey's bum t'day, I say the sun's up over the yardarm...

cableguy 07-17-2006 02:57 AM

Last time I heard that phrase was on a Monty Python skit........:D
I've always wanted to try making mint chocolate chip with Creme De Menthe, but I don't drink :(

BrianR 07-17-2006 10:29 PM

Use the supermarket stuff...no alcohol!

I make killer mint milkshakes with it sometimes.

disenchanted 07-18-2006 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas

Ok, I'll bite:

Which bar is giving the exam?