The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Upgrade done (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6242)

Undertoad 07-04-2004 10:05 AM

Upgrade done

Yeah, it's done!

At this point I'm sure everyone is panicking! I know *I* am, as I look for some of the customization I have left to do.

BUT look at all the new widgets and stuff we now have!

Undertoad 07-04-2004 10:13 AM

(And while changes are still going in and the templates are being updated... continue not to panic.)

perth 07-04-2004 10:14 AM

Uh, whoa. Looking good UT. I like it. It *really* took me by surprise tho. I guess that's what I get for getting online as soon as I wake up. :D

Undertoad 07-04-2004 10:32 AM

Oh look IMG codes aren't working! Oh look, all our usual smilies are different! Good gawd I've got work to do here...

BrianR 07-04-2004 10:49 AM

I shall not panic...I shall not panic...

Seriously, this is a slick new interface. I like the layout but will hold off any constructive criticism or in-depth reviews until you get it tweaked the way you want it and *I* have a chance to get used to the feel and look, as well as the new stuff.

Brian

wolf 07-04-2004 11:54 AM

Oooh, shiny ....
:beer:

xoxoxoBruce 07-04-2004 12:11 PM

I don't know. Looks complicated. I'll have to turn the light on to go pee, or I'll bark my shins for sure. ;)

limey 07-04-2004 12:42 PM

Terrifying, absolutely terrifying! :worried: But I know I'll get used to it, and so, I suppose, will everyone else!

Undertoad 07-04-2004 12:57 PM

OK, I've worked how NOT to show everyone's AGE on their posts.

You may want to edit your Location, because that's stayin'... I hope people use it to show their actual location, and not just use it as another kind of User Title.

People have convinced me to leave in the post count and now that it appears on the right, maybe it will have a different impact.

Torrere 07-04-2004 12:58 PM

Although I'm not sure how reliable it is, I like being able to see which forums people are looking at. This Quick Reply feature that I'm using now is also cool.

Trillian-zz9 07-04-2004 01:02 PM

The quick reply thing is great, long with the rest, gave me a shock at first though.

richlevy 07-04-2004 01:04 PM

I like the new interface. Being able to see the most recent thread in each forum is nice.

Unfortunately, more information means smaller fonts, so these old eyes are trying to adjust.

I'm still looking foward to the adventure.

BTW, is there a spell check?

:eek: That's a lot of smilies!

Of course, now that every post lists my location, even if it is in my user bio, I might have to rethink the whole 'use my real name' idea.

I could go back to using a handle.

How does 'Big Dick' sound? Or is that considered bragging. :king:

hot_pastrami 07-04-2004 01:11 PM

Overall, an improvement... Thanks for the effort, Tony. I look forward to seeing it with the rest of your customizations done.

wolf 07-04-2004 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy
How does 'Big Dick' sound? Or is that considered bragging. :king:

It's you.

Undertoad 07-04-2004 01:17 PM

The smilies are mostly not from the upgrade, but from another smilie harvest that I did. And people won't overuse them, because they will forget the tags for them, and they don't get the smiley menu on the quick reply editor!

:eek:
:alien: :dead: :stop: :vader1: :headshake :us: :evil2: :Flush: :rasta: :twofinger :unsure: :male: :female: