The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The procrastination thread (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16081)

monster 09-23-2011 05:59 AM

fair enough, I guess. It wasn't clear to me that it was a secret, but makes sense if it was.

Pete Zicato 09-23-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 757906)
Who doesn't wash their hair every day? (apart from Europeans)

yabbut it also has to be really strong shampoo to get all the oil off.

Sundae 09-23-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Everyone I know showers every day*, but for many hair types it's not appropriate to wash your hair every day.

Before this backsliding dry shampoo week, I washed mine every other day, or every three days. I have short, fine hair. And I worked with a woman who washed hers once a week. It was thick and heavy and took hours to dry. She always looked and smelled glorious.

* I lie - I lived in more than one house that had no shower.
But then I bathed every day. This is more and more unusual now.

Gravdigr 09-23-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 757604)
I'll post something later.

Maybe tomorrow.

TheMercenary 09-23-2011 01:16 PM

I finally made it to the land fill today with 3 charcoal grills that have been sitting in my yard for a few years, and a part of a metal wheelbarrow that has been sitting in the yard for about 8 years. I don't like to rush these things.

Lamplighter 09-23-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 758112)
I finally made it to the land fill today with 3 charcoal grills that have been sitting in my yard for a few years, and a part of a metal wheelbarrow that has been sitting in the yard for about 8 years. I don't like to rush these things.

That doesn't get you certified.
You could have taken one today, one tomorrow (maybe) and....

TheMercenary 09-23-2011 02:01 PM

True dat... but I felt like I had saved up enough points for the years they have been there and the wife telling me to take them to the dump, every month. :elkgrin:

Lamplighter 09-23-2011 03:34 PM

Wives can be a highly motivating force, even for the certified.

Clodfobble 09-24-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae
Before this backsliding dry shampoo week, I washed mine every other day, or every three days.

When you don't wash it, do you use a cap to keep it from getting wet at all? If my hair gets wet it becomes an immediate rats' nest unless I am using conditioner on it (which always follows shampoo, which I use every day, though I acknowledge it might not be necessary--but the conditioner would be, no question.)

Sundae 09-25-2011 04:07 AM

No, we have a quintessentially English shower. It has no pressure whatsoever. Large as I am, I could probably dance underneath it and still avoid getting hit by the spray.
So my barnet is in no danger of getting wet.

When I used the shower block on holiday I had to wash my hair when I showered. It was gorgeously powerful and the water hit every part of the large cubicle. It did hasten the demise of my bright pink hair, but it was worth it.

Currently sitting here with a new colourant developing. Mango, apparently. Mad ginger I reckon. We'll see. Even more reason to use dry shampoo instead of water!

monster 09-25-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

hmmmm. there was supposed to be one of these: :bolt: on this post, 'cause I was totally :stickpokeing

sorry. must've been paying less attention than I thought....

Gravdigr 09-25-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 757604)
I'll post something later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 758080)
Maybe tomorrow.

Eh, not today, it's Sunday. Monday, perhaps.

ZenGum 09-25-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 757904)
My hair is really oily beacuse Iwash it every day.

FTF Theory.

Shampoo strips oil from your hair. Your scalp goes nuts replacing it. If you could wean yourself off shampoo by using sorbelene* for about six weeks, your scalp would probably chill out on the OPEC imitation. Maybe.

*or just living like a dirty hippy.

infinite monkey 09-26-2011 10:06 AM

I don't know what kinds of shampoos are available down under, but we are no longer dependent on the likes of Prell or Breck of some kind of lye-based acidic green globby stuff.

I've never noticed my hair being more or less oily depending on how often I shampoo. Well, I'm not an oily person to begin with, but that's another subject.

It sounds like the theory about how if you pull out a gray hair two more would take its place. Ch'yeah, right, if that were true there would be NO BALD PEOPLE. Just start ripping individual hairs out and they'll be replaced by two hairs which will be replaced by two hairs and so on, and so on, and so on.

Just ask Heather Locklear:

HungLikeJesus 09-26-2011 10:09 AM

As Ben Franklin said, "Oily to bed, and oily to rise... (something something)"