The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Random Parenting Moments (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=33713)

BigV 04-06-2019 12:06 AM

Random:

Got news that SonofV is in the ER again post seizure. Nice thing about being in the ER is that shit gets done, services come to YOU. In this case a neurologist and a list of primary care physicians. Now that his health insurance is active for him in his current location, he's able to get access to these resources. Which will get him a diagnosis, leading to a prescription, leading to actual medicine, leading to seizure suppression.

I have a lot. I have much to be thankful for. Being grateful, being aware and mindful is the entrance to the path to happiness. I want to be happy, so I open my eyes and spirit to see the way.

xoxoxoBruce 04-06-2019 12:56 AM

Glad he's being taken care of. :thumb:

Griff 04-06-2019 07:53 AM

I'm glad he's getting what he needs.

Gravdigr 04-06-2019 11:52 AM

Sorry to hear about yet another seizure, but like the others said, I'm glad things are looking up on the health care tip.

Quote:

I have a lot. I have much to be thankful for. Being grateful, being aware and mindful is the entrance to the path to happiness. I want to be happy, so I open my eyes and spirit to see the way.
That is an outlook to aspire to, my friend.

BigV 04-06-2019 04:41 PM

Thanks friend.

It is definitely aspirational. Aspirin to, perspire from, expire anyhow.

There's a lot of parent stress still. That attitude, known in the vernacular as "denial" innoculates me to some degree from the stress.

/ramble

fargon 04-06-2019 05:58 PM

Sorry your Son is sick V. You will persevere, and everything will be all right.

footfootfoot 04-09-2019 10:57 PM

The inch is inch plus 72 these days.

Today he crushed a sando with the boys and went to praccy. He is on a MTB race team. He loves it.

We serviced his upper and lower forks. Fourth time was a charm. When we were wrapping g it up I asked him what advice he’d offer to someone who was going to service his forks for the first time. “Actually read the instructions.”

So, we learned something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lumberjim 04-10-2019 08:48 AM

Instructions are good as a last resort. If you tried 3 times before caving in and reading them, then I'd say you did your due diligence on the man front. Glad to hear you're raising the boy properly.

footfootfoot 04-10-2019 11:28 AM

Griff 04-12-2019 01:26 PM

I actually loled.

Griff 04-12-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 1030045)
The inch is inch plus 72 these days.

Today he crushed a sando with the boys and went to praccy. He is on a MTB race team. He loves it.

We serviced his upper and lower forks. Fourth time was a charm. When we were wrapping g it up I asked him what advice he’d offer to someone who was going to service his forks for the first time. “Actually read the instructions.”

So, we learned something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to rebuild my youth lingo. Enduro or XC?