The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   A Random thread about nothing, in Nothingland (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12343)

lumberjim 11-08-2006 02:23 PM

A Random thread about nothing, in Nothingland

The only thing is, that in this thread, you may misquote people. take things out of context, truncate statements for humorous effect, etc....

here's something from a completely different thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna
In my own family we have tried, with stunning failure, to introduce new food traditions to the Thanksgiving Day feast. Things like: Filet of Cat (hissed at), cranberry vodka (instead of the requisite solid cranberry mass thunked from the can), DRESSING WITH LIZZARDS! Mom was nearly lynched because of that AND--chocolate chip mayonaise pie. Sounds better than it is. From now on--only traditional mayonaise Pie will do. And don't put any undead things in the gravy.

Any of you tried to mess with the Holiest Turkey of the Year?

lumberjim 11-08-2006 04:14 PM

ok. lame thread. sorry.

DucksNuts 11-08-2006 06:54 PM

it has potential, but I cant think of anyone I want to misquote....well..I can, but it will be lame ;)

footfootfoot 11-08-2006 07:56 PM

I thought it was funny.

Griff 11-08-2006 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UG
George W. Bush is clearly thinking the same way. I applaud this. When totalitarians no longer exist, how much of the world's misery will have fled? The big problem is one of logistics: bringing up enough bullets, shells, napalm, perhaps nukes, to wipe them out. I do not care how they die, so long as they either die or convert to genuine democrats. If you're a totalitarian, you have zero business in politics. Leave rulership to people more enlightened than yourself -- and less sociopathic.

oops... sorry turns out that's a real one

lumberjim 11-08-2006 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim
ok. I'm lame. sorry.

JayMcGee 11-08-2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

and now for something completely different :

Messing with turkey's is banned in most countries......

Elspode 11-08-2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddug
You Americans are *so* terribly cultured and civilized! And your sense of humor! C'est magnifique! I lie awake at night, smoking my Pall Malls and sipping Coca Cola, just wishing I could drink in the majesty of your great society instead...

I'm pretty sure this is a direct misquote.

Beestie 11-09-2006 12:29 AM

Quote:

You Americans are *so* terribly cultured and civilized! And your sense of humor! C'est magnifique! I lie awake at night, smoking my Pall Malls and sipping Coca Cola, just wishing I could drink in the majesty of your great society instead...
"Bloody hell . I thought you were being ironic until I remembered that Americans cannot do irony." - Buddug Li
I think I can say with a high degree of certainty that no one who uses the expression "Bloody Hell" would also use the expression "C'est magnifique." Unless, of course, you lost track of which country you are pretending to be from.

Elspode 11-09-2006 08:56 AM

Well, that's what's so appealing about Buddug. Cultural schizophrenia.

Ibby 11-09-2006 09:03 AM

You haven't noticed, beestie?

Griff 11-09-2006 02:21 PM

There was a gender switch mid-stream as well. Not that theres...

Flint 11-09-2006 02:33 PM

Quote:

ok. lame thread. sorry.

It was a funny idea, but I imagine not many are willing to break the boardie code, even upon invitaion.

Griff 11-09-2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint
...funny idea... not...

You Prick!!!!!

Shawnee123 11-09-2006 03:19 PM

Oh, now I get it

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas
I actually liked boinking the virgin.

I have much interest in seeing people's heads explode, but if Kirsten Dunst were getting a manicure, I suppose I'd have to at least rent the U-haul.