The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   shrinkage (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16062)

Trilby 11-28-2007 10:56 AM

shrinkage

My tumor is not shrinking. This isn't going to kill me, but the fall out will. I 'll die of liver failure due to years of liver abuse but I woulda survived the CA. My bald head. I look like a baby chick with all that funky fuzz up there, my face has no features (no brows, lashes, just mashed potato feautures flung into a heap---sorta like CLOSE ENCOUNTERS when the guy went ape at the dinner table and sculpted the alien mountain out of taters...)

anyhoo---this sux. Just thought I'd still tell ya that. Plus, I"m lonely, too.

glatt 11-28-2007 11:05 AM

:comfort:

Clodfobble 11-28-2007 11:11 AM

I'm sorry things are looking down right now, Bri. Hang in there, we're all pulling for you.

lookout123 11-28-2007 11:15 AM

hi bri. we're here.

kerosene 11-28-2007 11:21 AM

We love you, Bri. And you are still beautiful, babe. Hair is inconsequential, really. Just dead cells, you know?

Shawnee123 11-28-2007 11:23 AM

Thinking of you, beauty girl. :)

LJ 11-28-2007 11:55 AM

crime spree anyone?

Cicero 11-28-2007 12:10 PM

Just thinking about what happened to you and your wig makes me want to throw myself through a glass window in some sort of strange protest against life and it's ridiculous injustices. Just an urge. I'll get over it.

I can't even say anything....so I won't.
We are here for you is all.
:)

jester 11-28-2007 12:23 PM

Don't have much to say about that - just that I'm thinking about you. You could have a lot of fun with hats:)

limey 11-28-2007 01:18 PM

Hugs.

Sundae 11-28-2007 03:43 PM

Ah Bri, you still make me laugh when you write
Sorry the tumour's not playing ball yet - if good thoughts could heal it, it would be the size of a pinhead by now. But I guess we'd best rely on medical science for a while longer.

While you're feeling at our lowest and feel you look like something out of Grimm's Fairy Tales, I suggest you do something outrageous. Because you can't feel any worse about things and it will make you laugh when you get better.

My suggestions of once-in-a-lifetime things to do when you've had chemo:
- Go into the place where you usually buy shampoo (pharmacy, supermarket etc) with a scarf on. Queue up at the counter with an empty bottle in your hand. When you get to the front, whip off your scarf and say loudly, "I want to speak to someone about this product!"
- Go to your nearest amusement park with a friend, get a wheelchair and get to the front of all the queues - any murmers, again show your head and shout, "I've only got a month left goddamnit!" Especially make sure to get your bald picture taken on every ride.
- Buy a full burka. Hell, you might get some suspicious looks but at least you won't have anyone thinking of gravy. Might raise some eyebrows in the liquor store though.
- Go to a local event where they offer face painting. Ask to be painted up as a plate of potatoes. Then you'll know what it would really look like.
- Draw a tattoo on your head to freak out your family. Like "God Is Stopping My Hair Growing" or something. Tell them God will hoose when you grow enough back to cover it up.

I hope these help. Love and kisses on your head - it's what's inside it that's special, remember.

Aliantha 11-28-2007 04:45 PM

Bri...how much longer do you have with the chemo? What's the next step after that?

Griff 11-28-2007 07:54 PM

Sorry Bri that sucks...

Pie 11-28-2007 07:58 PM

Bri, I'm sorry to hear that. Don't be afraid to bring up a change of gameplan with your onc if it looks like this isn't working...
Best wishes.

TheMercenary 11-28-2007 10:41 PM

Bri, hang in there please. Do it for yourself. Dance with every day like it is your last, embrace life. Smile. Be happy. Don't let the dogs bring you down. Please.