The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   good music on youtube (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13372)

lumberjim 05-29-2018 05:10 PM

Greta Van Fleet. They've got lots of good LedZeppeliney groove. the kid's voice is dead on... but this one sounds more like Heart.

The fucking drummer, man. goes full Bonham at 3:45, but listen to the whole song.

DanaC 05-30-2018 11:17 AM

This should really go in the ear worm thread cos it's been in my head for the past couple of weeks but anyways:

If you have been living under a rock and haven't seen the video yet, definitely worth embiggening:

Squawk 06-03-2018 05:13 AM

A very cool and funky dance track from last year:

xoxoxoBruce 06-24-2018 10:40 PM

Corden and McCartney Carpool Karaoke in Liverpool.

glatt 06-25-2018 06:15 AM

That was good.

Undertoad 06-27-2018 09:36 AM

Transcendent dream pop ~ gorgeous!! ~ takes a while to get going. Deeply layered, layers upon layers throughout.

Beach House is popular with the kids these days and their album "7" is making a lot of mid-year top album lists. For good reason.

Little girl, you could be loved
Little girl, you should be loved
The moment you say that you know
Is the moment you are

Beach House on "L'Inconnue":

SCALLY: Sometimes a song will be written in six hours, sometimes it’s three months. “L’Inconnue” has been being written for four or five years. Some songs are just like that.

LEGRAND: The French part [on “L’Inconnue”] started years ago. We always liked it, but we never found where it belonged. But some things are written at the time of the record and other things come back from the past and find their right moment. And some things never find their moment. That particular song is an example of something from the past that never found its right moment, but for some reason the world of 7 — with its kind of futuristic, psychedelic, sacred universe — just made it fit.

Griff 07-06-2018 05:22 PM

interesting trip, working on the whole album

Undertoad 07-13-2018 03:27 PM

"Cherry-coloured Funk" opens the all-time all-time allll-tiiiime classic Cocteau Twins album Heaven Or Las Vegas. 28 years on, it is recognized as their masterpiece.

If the lyrics seem indistinct and unrecognizable, that's the point of the band's entire catalogue. Bring to them what energy and meaning you prefer. I spend time away from the Cocteaus, and when I come back, the songs are different.

Oh yes, and, it turns out the kids who are fans of The Weeknd already know this song. Heavily sampled here (go to 1:18)

Undertoad 07-23-2018 09:29 PM

Discover Weekly threw this at me

186 views right now, what a debut song for this new act

Gravdigr 07-24-2018 03:37 PM

xoxoxoBruce 08-07-2018 08:10 PM

xoxoxoBruce 08-11-2018 02:33 PM

The Highway Men Live...

captainhook455 08-12-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1013260)
The Highway Men Live...

Why can't I copy this on the phone? This sucks.

glatt 08-12-2018 06:52 PM

My son lately has been playing old music and the mmm mmm mmm song by Crash Test Dummies is one of the ones in the rotation. You remember the one.

Back in the mid 90s, my wife and I saw Crash Test Dummies at the original 9:30 club. Small, cramped place, but a lot of fun. Anyway, the Crash Test Dummies guy told us the story of the "mmm mmm mmm mmm, mmm mmm mmm mmm" lyrics. If you listen to the song, it just a bunch of depressing anecdotes. A boy whose hair turns white, a girl with lots of birthmarks forced to change in front of everyone in the locker room, etc. Everywhere you hear "mmm mmm mmm mmm, mmm mmm mmm mmm," it was supposed to be "fuckin' shitty, fuckin' shitty."

So my wife was telling the kids about it at dinner tonight, and maybe 10 minutes later there was some slightly depressing topic that came up, like the kids had a big mess to clean up in the kitchen, and I hummed "mmm mmm mmm mmm, mmm mmm mmm mmm." Everyone laughed, and now we have a shorthand that I think is going to catch on for stuff like that. We'll see.

Griff 08-13-2018 06:08 AM

Ha! Brilliant.