The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RIP, famous person (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24383)

monster 05-29-2017 08:03 PM

Only Brits my generation knew him, but he was a huge part of our adolescent years whether we loved or hated him..
John Noakes

"Get Down, Shep!"

Gravdigr 05-30-2017 01:10 PM

Manuel Noriega, 'nuff said.

ctthuhuong 05-30-2017 11:06 PM

If you do anything and don't get something out of it, you've just wasted time. I try to learn something everyday, even if it's just hitting the "Random Article" button at Wikipedia.

"...precaffeinated stumbling..."

glatt 06-01-2017 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 816344)
If you do anything and don't get something out of it, you've just wasted time. I try to learn something everyday, even if it's just hitting the "Random Article" button at Wikipedia.

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctthuhuong (Post 989825)

Hmm...

*looks over at ban hammer*

Interesting.

Gravdigr 06-01-2017 07:55 AM

I had no idea I said that.

ETA: What on Earth made you search that phrase?

Gravdigr 06-01-2017 08:06 AM

For dead stuff, there's a lot of funny in this thread.

glatt 06-01-2017 08:08 AM

I searched because the post had been reported, and I investigated.

Gravdigr 06-01-2017 08:26 AM

You're such a diligent Glatt.

We thank you for your service.

glatt 06-01-2017 09:45 AM

There used to be a site (Stop Forum Spam) where you could go and enter an IP address, user name, or email, and see if any other forum had reported a user as being a spammer. I went to that site to check this guy out and see that they have changed their format so now you have to install a site plugin that does it automatically. Above my pay grade.

So I just made a judgement call in this case.

But then just now for shits and giggles, I googled his user name and see that at around the same time, the guy made posts at numerous other forums. And when you go to any one of those forums and read his post and then Google search for that phrase in quotations, you see that he's just copying posts from earlier in the threads of every forum he's visiting.

Gravdigr 06-01-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 989875)
*looks over at ban hammer*

*the ban hammer winks seductively*

sexobon 06-01-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 989888)
... But then just now for shits and giggles, I googled his user name and see that at around the same time, the guy made posts at numerous other forums. And when you go to any one of those forums and read his post and then Google search for that phrase in quotations, you see that he's just copying posts from earlier in the threads of every forum he's visiting.

That user's homepage is Vietnamese. Translation of the URL indicates sales of home document printers. Probably doesn't write the lingo here well enough to post; so, cuts and pastes a few times to garner attention as a newbie before spamming with links.

Gravdigr 06-01-2017 11:48 AM

Ah, yes, the ol' lie-to-their-face-then-spam-'em-in-the-ass routine...

monster 06-05-2017 09:04 PM

Crackin' Life, Grommit

Peter Sallis. 96

lumberjim 06-05-2017 09:35 PM

Yeah, hey. Thanks glatt, for tidying up like you do. We don't often get to see the work you put in with this kind of shenanigans.

Do you, sometimes, send a suspect a PM asking if they're up to something?

glatt 06-06-2017 07:06 AM

I've never sent them a PM before. It might be amusing to see what they say, if they can even respond in English. My worry (if you can even call it that) is that they might jump right into spamming because they fear being banned, and then there would be a mess to clean up.