The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   good music on youtube (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13372)

Undertoad 08-26-2009 10:23 PM

Amy Winehouse is the uber-cool Brit soul songstress who mixes the old and new and creates something totally different. But in case Amy Winehouse is unable to fulfill her duties as Amy Winehouse, and that seems obvious at this point, here is the runner-up Amy Winehouse.

Her name is Rox. She is currently far, far off the radar. She is not signed in any way as far as I can tell. This video has less than 1000 plays. When it gets a million I shall revisit the post.

DucksNuts 08-28-2009 10:28 PM

At the start of this, the 4yr old sings..."this arse is beautiful"...ahahah.

Shawnee123 09-01-2009 07:23 AM

I was listening to a road CD I bought, The Essential Stevie Wonder, and remembered how much I love this song. I was hoping to find it live on youtube, but instead I found this Motown Time Capsule. Clips of women in the 70s. I thought it was pretty cool. The song is hawt, too. ;)

DanaC 09-01-2009 07:31 AM

This one absolutely breaks my heart in two. Vera Lynn singing Goodnight Children: a feel better moral boost for all the little younglings evacuated from the city to strangers' homes in the countryside during ww2

[note: the musical intro lasts for a minute and a half: don;t be fooled into thinking it's just an instrumental :P

I hear this and I can see in my mind's eye the little-un's with their parcel name tags round their necks. Waiting in church halls and on cold railway stations for whoever it was that would take them 'for the duration'. Policy advised against any contact with the natal family during this time as it was thought it would prove too upsetting. The families who took them weren't asked, they were told. Many of these kids had a sad and lonely time. Many were used as defacto servants and workers. Many were hungry, as the countryside folk had even less food than the Londoners. Many siblings were separated. Three and four year olds going off into the unknown with nothing but a teddy and a small case of clothes. I feel especially sorry for the ones who were selected last. The ones who kept being passed up as each set of adults came by to choose their new addition. Someone had to be last. Someone was always left waiting. Confused and wary.

DucksNuts 09-03-2009 04:34 AM

I love these dudes.

DanaC 09-03-2009 05:12 AM

Oh I really like Muse!

Shawnee123 09-03-2009 07:31 PM

Genius songwriter

Shawnee123 09-03-2009 07:39 PM

No video, just stills.

Shawnee123 09-07-2009 10:07 PM

The only American Idol I thought was cool:

Redux 09-08-2009 10:50 PM

Not the music, in and of itself, but the amazing sand art.

From Ukraine's Got Talent
"It depicts Germany's conquest of the Ukraine during World War II - there is love, hope, death, and redemption all told with a particularly Eastern European dramatic flair...."
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.ac...81474977775865

Griff 09-17-2009 08:13 PM

Update of the cold war anthem by Lil Griff's band of the moment.

Clodfobble 09-17-2009 09:40 PM

I thought for a moment you were suggesting that Li'l Griff is a bandmember. Threw me for a loop.

Undertoad 09-18-2009 01:38 AM

We do that version of that song

Griff 09-18-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 595509)
I thought for a moment you were suggesting that Li'l Griff is a bandmember. Threw me for a loop.

Not quite yet. She and her best friend are still in the "well we could phase" and would need to pull in some horns which would probably mean guys which they're still iffy on.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 595528)
We do that version of that song

Sweet. Lil G's drum instructor and a bunch of guys our age have a cover band here that has a nice fat horn section but they have not gone this direction yet.

glatt 09-18-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 595509)

Was throws me for a loop is that Li'l Griff is a girl. I know it to be true, but every time I see "Li'l Griff" in words, I get an image in my mind's eye of a little Griff. What a handsome young lad he is. And then I have to correct myself.