The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cant Throw It Out? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12102)

DucksNuts 10-21-2006 06:23 PM

Cant Throw It Out?

Whats your "I-cant-throw-it-out-even-though-I-cant-wear-it-anymore" item??

I have a couple, I just had to throw out my old Kick boxing dojo tee shirt, it was obscene and obsolutely not wearable anymore.

A pair of Diesel jeans, they are about thread bare and have more holes from wear than is fashionably acceptable these days.

The other is a nighty, its an old tee shirt one and I drag it out when I know I am going to bed early and intend staying in there for a good long time.

Trilby 10-21-2006 06:40 PM

Cut-off sweat pants. With paint on them.

wolf 10-21-2006 08:25 PM

I have an early 1980s hooded pullover sweater. It is black and has geometric designs in purple/read and teal/orange around the waist and bell cuffs. It hasn't fit in many years, but has survived quite a few closet cleanings because it looks very cool.

DucksNuts 10-21-2006 09:36 PM

Strangely enough Wolf, it doesnt sound cool :p

Clodfobble 10-21-2006 09:44 PM

I have a pair of hand-me-down green hemp Adidas sneakers. I know that when they were given to me (rather, when I took them out of a friend's going-to-Goodwill box), I was at least the fourth owner of them, but there might be more prior to that. They are the most comfortable pair of sneakers I have ever owned, because they have a really high arch inset that perfectly matches my really high arches.

Technically they don't fit in the thread category, though, because I wear them all the time.

wolf 10-22-2006 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts
Strangely enough Wolf, it doesnt sound cool :p

Only because you are younger than my sweater, no doubt.

bluecuracao 10-22-2006 06:54 AM

I have a purple silk trench coat that I've never worn--my sis gave it to me circa 1985, and it's STILL in the box (her style, not mine). I have to admit it's kinda pretty, though...I think it'll fit her daughter in five years or so.

Elspode 10-22-2006 12:31 PM

My Analogue Heaven t-shirt. Hasn't fit me in five years, the screening is half worn off, and it has a couple of nasty holes and stains, but...its an Analogue Heaven t-shirt.

ivan_fox 10-22-2006 01:09 PM

http://www.comicgenius.com/DiscoFeve...arth_vader.jpg

my father's legacy. can't just throw it away.:cool: :cool:

xoxoxoBruce 10-22-2006 01:30 PM

I can see why you wouldn't wear it...... you know, pink light saber and all. ;)

ivan_fox 10-22-2006 02:02 PM

i didn't say i never wear it. Well, the pink saber, it's actually cool. good color combination- black and pink. cool, don't you think?:D

wolf 10-22-2006 02:28 PM

I have that poster. Still. Also an assortment of other leftover posters from college. (which, IIRC, includes Men at Work, the Empire Strikes Back poster of Darth Vader with two Stormtroopers on a red background, a really cool one with all these animals hidden in a drawing of a lion, and a copy of Persistance of Memory.

I have a kind of a problem with books too.

xoxoxoBruce 10-22-2006 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan_fox
i didn't say i never wear it. Well, the pink saber, it's actually cool. good color combination- black and pink. cool, don't you think?:D

My mistake, I was thinking this was about things you no longer can/will use, but can't part with. Guess can't part with for other reasons also applies.

Black and pink....maybe for jockey silks...or James Bond's foe's flags (say that three times fast) .... but I'll pass.:cool:

ivan_fox 10-22-2006 04:12 PM

what's your problem with books, wolf? are you thinking of throwing 'em?:3_eyes:

limey 10-22-2006 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
I have a kind of a problem with books too.

If you mean it's difficult to part with them, then I'm right with you.