The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Let's get quizzical, quizzical! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=11126)

KinkyVixen 06-29-2006 05:22 PM

Let's get quizzical, quizzical!

So...ok, I walk around a lot of the time remembering movie lines and saying them if they fit into the conversation or whatever. So, I thought I'd start a movie quote thread. Seems like everyone is pretty good with the music trivia one, so we'll work it like that one. Person that guesses it right gets to go next.

Movie line:
"We've become a race of Peeping Toms. What people ought to do is get outside their own house and look in for a change. Yes sir. How's that for a bit of homespun philosophy?"

Anyone know the movie?

ferret88 06-29-2006 06:10 PM

I do a lot of the quoting movie lines. (Comes from working at a Blockbuster for over 6 years.) But your quote is one with which I am unfamiliar.

Trilby 06-29-2006 06:44 PM

I don't know it, either.

Now, if it was from any Python movie...

Happy Monkey 06-29-2006 06:47 PM

I think I've heard it before...

KinkyVixen 06-29-2006 06:54 PM

Python movies rock...but the only lines I can remember from them are dead give-a-ways!

I don't know how long to give it...before I should give clues, hints, or start over with another one. But, it's an older Hitchcock movie.

glatt 06-29-2006 07:27 PM

Wasn't there a movie called Apartment Window, where the main guy is always watching stuff and sees a murder through a window? I bet it's that.

richlevy 06-29-2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
Wasn't there a movie called Apartment Window, where the main guy is always watching stuff and sees a murder through a window? I bet it's that.

Rear Window, with James Stewart. And yes, that's it.

Here's one:

Quote:

Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key (snip)

xoxoxoBruce 06-29-2006 08:24 PM

Caine Mutiny. :cool:

"I got some bad ideas in my head"

Beestie 06-29-2006 10:43 PM

Taxi Driver.

"Pathetic earthlings. You hurl your bodies into the void without the slightest inkling of who or what is out there. If you had the slightest idea as to the true nature of the universe, you would have hidden from it in terror."

Ibby 06-30-2006 01:56 AM

just a quick question about this thread...
if quizzes are quizzical.. what are tests?

NoBoxes 06-30-2006 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibram
if quizzes are quizzical.. what are tests?
You guessed it, they're like exams where you turn your head to the right and cough!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beestie
"Pathetic earthlings. You hurl your bodies into the void without the slightest inkling of who or what is out there. If you had the slightest idea as to the true nature of the universe, you would have hidden from it in terror."
I don't know which movie it comes from; but, it sounds like something "Q" would say. Is that getting close?

Tse Moana 06-30-2006 08:35 AM

Hmm, yes, it does sound like Q, but isn't it supposed to be a movie quote?

AlternateGray 06-30-2006 08:37 AM

Event Horizon?

Sundae 06-30-2006 09:14 AM

I know this one! It was on terrestrial TV here the other day - I was too young to see it at the cinema & had no idea how many UK stars were in it!

Flash Gordon

"Can I get any of you cunts a drink?"

barefoot serpent 06-30-2006 09:39 AM

Flesh Gordon?