The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

morethanpretty 01-18-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razzmatazz13 (Post 522865)
Boyfriend and I just had our one year anniversary on the 13th, and he gave me a gorgeous pair of emerald earrings.

I just lost one :(

It's the first piece of jewelery I've ever received from a boyfriend.

Thats an aweful feeling Razz, keep up hope. I lost my promise ring, I went crazy looking for it. I retraced every step from the day I lost it.
A month later, my mom found in on the driveway, miraculously not ran over.
If you don't find the other earring, perhaps the one you have can be converted into a pendant for a necklace?

dar512 01-19-2009 01:31 PM

The catfight between Ali and Bri. I like them both and don't understand why they don't like each other.

Wickedly_Tasteful 01-19-2009 01:41 PM

poor earring lost in the world of lostedness

Sundae 01-19-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar512 (Post 524078)
The catfight between Ali and Bri. I like them both and don't understand why they don't like each other.

Yup. Times one hundred.

Sorry , Razz, bout your earring too.
(if you see me with an emerald nose piercing in the RFN thread it's co-inky-dink, I promise!)
I'll get Mum to pray to St Anthony for you, in case it helps.

DanaC 01-19-2009 02:51 PM

lol. Gran used to insist I ought to pray to St Anthony every time I lost something.

Griff 01-19-2009 02:54 PM

Wait a minute, does your Mum weigh the same as a duck? (Just had a conversation with Pete about the Church and little hidden pagan things)

Clodfobble 01-22-2009 05:09 PM

OMG this stomach bug needs to go away already. Srsly. I've been in dire straits since last Sunday. The younger kid had it for a day and got better, but the older one's been having symptoms alongside me since Tuesday.

wood*nymph 01-22-2009 05:16 PM

today I'm upset about how ridiculously difficult it is to get my visa so I can move.

lumberjim 01-22-2009 05:26 PM

just use your mastercard

lumberjim 01-22-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 525398)
OMG this stomach bug needs to go away already. Srsly. I've been in dire straits since last Sunday. The younger kid had it for a day and got better, but the older one's been having symptoms alongside me since Tuesday.

stomach bug or salmonella?

lumberjim 01-22-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razzmatazz13 (Post 522865)

It's the first piece of jewelery I've ever received from a boyfriend.

come now, I'm sure you've been given a pearl necklace or two, haven't you?

Clodfobble 01-22-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim
stomach bug or salmonella?

How do you tell the difference? It can't be the recent peanut salmonella, because the stepkid who's allergic to peanuts has it too.

footfootfoot 01-22-2009 09:38 PM

Stomach bugs don't usually make you wish you were dead and generally not as violent vomiting. Also, not that you could tell right away, but I have read that salmonella can lead to or cause arthritis. (I may have to look this up on medlineplus.gov)

Charming:
snip
Are there long term consequences to a Salmonella infection?
Persons with diarrhea usually recover completely, although it may be several months before their bowel habits are entirely normal. A small number of persons with Salmonella develop pain in their joints, irritation of the eyes, and painful urination. This is called Reiter's syndrome. It can last for months or years, and can lead to chronic arthritis which is difficult to treat. Antibiotic treatment does not make a difference in whether or not the person develops arthritis.

Aliantha 01-22-2009 09:41 PM

Yeah...if it's gone on for more than 24 hours, you should go to the docs. It can lead to serious dehydration if you're not careful. most bugs only take a day or so to go away, but food poisoning in any form can take a bit longer. Alternatively, if it's a really bad bug, you should probably go see a doc anyway.

Clodfobble 01-22-2009 10:58 PM

I dunno, maybe.

Quote:

You treat salmonellosis by managing any complications until it passes. Dehydration caused by diarrhea is the most common complication. Antibiotics are not usually needed unless the infection has spread.
The Imodium is being quite effective, I'm not actually losing liquids at all (as long as I keep taking it, that is,) so dehydration isn't an issue. The stomach cramps are what's killing me, but I'm not sure that's going to be enough justification for the doctor to prescribe me antibiotics. Can't happen tomorrow, anyway, so I guess if it's still around by Monday then I'll go. But dammit, January's already got seven freaking doctor's appointments on the calendar, I didn't want to add another one.

Aliantha 01-22-2009 11:04 PM

If you're using imodium and still getting bad cramping, it could be because your body is still trying to expell what's bothering it.

Be really careful Clod. I wouldn't wait another day if I were you. Definitely not a whole weekend.

sweetwater 01-23-2009 06:16 AM

I hope you are feeling better, Clodfobble. Illness like that is not fun at all.

sweetwater 01-23-2009 06:19 AM

Our old cat is also sick - very congested, breathing through her mouth, not eating much at all. Going back to the vet on Monday and I'm not sure she will make it there, or make it home. :(

Shawnee123 01-23-2009 07:25 AM

I'm so sorry sweetwater. My heart goes out to you. :(

chrisinhouston 01-23-2009 09:58 AM

second day in a row that there has been radiator fluid on the driveway under my truck. Apparently saying 5 Hail Mary's and a special prayer to St. Anthony did not work. Will now go to the Mexican grocery store and get one of those prayer candles with the baby in the fancy robes who has a halo on his head and light it up. Will report back soon.

HungLikeJesus 01-23-2009 10:05 AM

Maybe try parking in a different spot.

Griff 01-24-2009 12:37 PM

If you park by the neighbor's dog house, those puddles disappear.

wood*nymph 01-24-2009 08:44 PM

When I was at work, the kids got loose from their parents and pillaged my bedroom. They fed a set of dominos to the dog and one or the other of them lost my glasses.

My eyes hurt and I want to take out my contacts. I'm not tired enough to go to bed yet, would like to do some embroidery while watching a movie but unless I find my glasses I'd be blind as a bat.

BigV 01-24-2009 08:48 PM

There will be blood...

xoxoxoBruce 01-24-2009 08:51 PM

Followed by healing, believe it or not.

wood*nymph 01-24-2009 08:59 PM

I forgave them for feeding toys to the dog, it's far from the first time they've done so. The dog's a lab, he eats stuff, there's no point getting mad at him.

I'd be happy if I could just find my freaking glasses!

BigV 01-24-2009 09:01 PM

besides... he's only borrowing them.

wood*nymph 01-24-2009 09:08 PM

Apparently dominos cause horrible gas as well. Just thought I'd let y'all know.

capnhowdy 01-24-2009 09:11 PM

Yup. I was wondering if the dog could digest them. If he can't God have mercy on his hole. I've heard their acids can dissolve most anything. I wish him luck on this one. Hope it's ok... I love me some animals. esp dogs. Find your glasses & keep your eye on him.

wood*nymph 01-24-2009 10:46 PM

oh I'm not concerned. Besides the gas he's doing just fine. This dog has the digestive system of a goat, you wouldn't believe some of the shit he's eaten in his lifetime!

countless toys, a mailbox, electrical cords (unplugged, thank god!), and the most impressive of all: a hot tub (from what I gather, he was surfing on the lid of the hot tub one hot summer day when he suddenly realized that there was water beneath the lid. He proceeded to eat his way down through the lid to access the water).

The dominos were old fashioned wooden ones, he'll be fine.

capnhowdy 01-25-2009 11:34 AM

I wondered about that. Mine are "ivory" (very hard plastic). I'm glad he didn't eat mine. Did you know that it is possible to slam a domino down on the table so hard it will break. I didn't until it happened to me. Really.

My schnauzer ate a whole large bag of hershey's kisses, wrappers and all. I expected her to be really sick, or worse. Other than shitting foil for two days and being out a bag of candy... no harm done.

capnhowdy 01-25-2009 11:37 AM

Back to the thread:
I'm too stoopid to figure out how to post a youtube vid. I saw one this morning thats a damn whoot. Very upsetting.

Sundae 01-25-2009 11:40 AM

Capn - something i can help with at least!

Check your browser when watching the clip.
Cut and paste the numbers AFTER the equals sign.
Insert as follows, but using the usual square brackets, not the curly ones:
{youtube}your pasted details{/youtube}

Good luck

capnhowdy 01-25-2009 11:54 AM

thanks! I'll give it a whirl.

Mad Professor 01-25-2009 04:57 PM

I'm tired and I'm not looking forward to getting up at 6am tomorrow.

capnhowdy 01-25-2009 06:22 PM

Take a personal. But tomorrow is Monday... not good on your record.

Shawnee123 01-26-2009 11:31 AM

Remember Hacky McCoughALot? (Who, by the way, coughs her freaking head off all day every day but didn't even clear her throat in our all day meeting on Friday...methinks it's a form of hypochondria or Munchhausen.)

She sent the following email to the suite:

Who ever put in the cup of coffee to heat up, will you please now clean up the mess that was left in the microwave?

Others would also like to use it

Not too bad, huh? Though, would it have been nicer to ask around, or to embarrass someone who made a mistake? I didn't do it on purpose...for god's sake I had a big system error this morning which still isn't fixed and it's been nuts. The new girl(yeah me), who doesn't fit in anyway, is now a dumbass coffee-leaver. :lol:

Her charming personality gives light to the fact that she is a bitch, though I have given the benefit of the doubt.

A partial definition of class is to not go out of your way to make others uncomfortable.

People suck. Doesn't matter where you go.

TheMercenary 01-26-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnhowdy (Post 526270)
I wondered about that. Mine are "ivory" (very hard plastic). I'm glad he didn't eat mine. Did you know that it is possible to slam a domino down on the table so hard it will break. I didn't until it happened to me. Really.

My schnauzer ate a whole large bag of hershey's kisses, wrappers and all. I expected her to be really sick, or worse. Other than shitting foil for two days and being out a bag of candy... no harm done.

:D One of my dogs ate a whole pizza off the counter and left the box, somehow he opened it and after removing the pizza the box fell shut as if it had never been opened. So when we opened the recently purchased pizza box and there wasn't one, we thought it was a joke by a family member. He had an upset stomach for a few days. :D

Chocolatl 01-26-2009 02:51 PM

@Shawnee -- I recommend passiveaggressivenotes.com for some laughs to get your mind off of Ms. Hacky.

capnhowdy 01-26-2009 03:51 PM

Or put some stinkbait in her trash can.

Dont waste your money on anyting other than the blood bait type, tho.

Shawnee123 01-26-2009 03:55 PM

heeheee...since the email was sent to the whole suite, I replied to all with an innocent unless you know me passive aggressive as well response.

I said "Oh, sorry, I forgot, didn't mean to cause a huge deal."

Then I cleaned it up and replied again "mistake is fixed."

lol...so since then people have been sneaking into my cubie laughing at me...saying she's a stirrer and was prolly kind of testing me to see if I'm wimpy wimpy wimpy.

Lord...how silly in the workplace from an old bat. Anyway, it wasn't a big deal but it did irritate the hell out of me...because it was a bit embarrassing.

People like her...not much you can do about them. *shrugs*

:)

BigV 01-26-2009 09:07 PM

s123:

What an unpleasant unwelcome. The silver lining is that you've learned early what to expect--that's not nothing. A gift of advance notice so to speak.

Now, linger no more on such a worthless waste of breath. I know that is much easier to say than do, but it's smart and worthwhile advice nonetheless.

Wait...I was talking about you and your life, right?

Mad Professor 01-27-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnhowdy (Post 526358)
Take a personal. But tomorrow is Monday... not good on your record.

Thanks capnhowdy, good points.

But I've now come down with man flu (suspected tonsillitis), so having a personal today. On the plus side my cousin just added me on facebook, so I know have 7 friends ooOOoooh I hear you cry!

Shawnee123 01-27-2009 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 526872)
s123:

Now, linger no more on such a worthless waste of breath. I know that is much easier to say than do, but it's smart and worthwhile advice nonetheless.

Thanks BigV. I was never really upset...it's such a small thing, but I think I am still having some culture shock; as bad as my old job could be I do miss my peoples. My old job was family, albeit a dysfunctional one. And I really do like my new cow orkers...but I keep everything on the down low. They think I'm quiet. I would go so far to say that they think I'm from some small town up north and am country-bumpkinish...which makes me smile. It's good for me career-wise, not saying or doing everything that pops into my head. Maybe at my old job I was too much "me."

Venting here let me get it out, read how silly it sounds, and get over it. I'm learning. :p

Sundae 01-27-2009 11:10 AM

Sorry to trip in on people with real problems, but my latest culinary FAIL has upset me. To the extent that I want to bring it into every thread I've read since, so am putting it here (as well as Food & Drink) and taking a step back.

Aliantha 01-28-2009 09:29 PM

What's upsetting me today is that I can't stop eating!

So far I've had two pieces of toast, a pear, a bowl of rice bubbles and some potato chips.

When will it end!

classicman 01-28-2009 09:33 PM

Good lord Ali, Stop! That sounds like about what I eat while making dinner.

Aliantha 01-28-2009 09:36 PM

Well it's only lunch time here, so that's breaky and lunch i suppose. But it seems like a lot compared to what I've been eating. I'm making spaghetti for dinner.

TheMercenary 01-28-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 527825)
What's upsetting me today is that I can't stop eating!

So far I've had two pieces of toast, a pear, a bowl of rice bubbles and some potato chips.

When will it end!

At delivery.

Or when you stop breast feeding, if you choose to do so. In fact you actually need more calories at that time.

At this time, be a good mom and stick to fruits, veggies, and some occassional cheese and fiber rich crackers. And don't forget your prenatal vitamins. :D

{thinking of you!}

Aliantha 01-28-2009 10:16 PM

Yes thankyou doctor! :D

HungLikeJesus 01-28-2009 10:39 PM

And don't forget your genetically modified antigens.

Aliantha 01-28-2009 10:43 PM

I don't take antigens...and to be honest, I don't take vit suppliments either. Generally just eat healthy food.

At the moment I'm trying to eat lots of brain foods. Fish, beans, green veges (which I just can't say enough good stuff about), linseed oil in salad dressings...all the good stuff. :)

eta: todays menu is not a typical menu for me which is what's bothering me.

Clodfobble 01-28-2009 10:43 PM

Also your Thalidomide.

Wait, no!

Aliantha 01-28-2009 10:45 PM

lol...I don't think you can get that here...

Shawnee123 02-07-2009 08:09 PM

A really bad day...:sniff:

Clodfobble 02-07-2009 09:16 PM

Sorry, Shawnee. Hang in there. At least tomorrow has a high chance of being better, right?

Nirvana 02-07-2009 09:42 PM

Oh noes Shawnee :headshake

busterb 02-07-2009 10:51 PM

Son is 14 days late on student loan! Afucking gain

capnhowdy 02-08-2009 09:24 AM

Alltel sent me a letter saying that they had approved my $100 rebate and it would be in the mail in 3-5 weeks.

If it's approved and they know they are going to pay me, wouldn't it have been just as easy to mail the rebate as it was to mail the damn letter? Cheese&rice!

monster 02-08-2009 10:27 PM

just Fuck it. that's all.