The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   IMF Head Arrested For Attempted Rape (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=25190)

Crimson Ghost 05-15-2011 04:42 PM

IMF Head Arrested For Attempted Rape

The Secretary will disavow any knowledge of his actions...

GunMaster357 05-16-2011 03:24 AM

And to think that the French left wing thought he would be a good candidate for for the presidential run next year...

My political opinons are on the other side of the spectrum.

Yet on this affair I prefer to be neutral and let the investigation follow its course. Either the accusations are false and I'd like to know who is behind the whole thing or they are true and then, please, put him behind the bars.

xoxoxoBruce 05-16-2011 04:41 AM

Another rape, he already had his godchild. :mad:
Glad they were able to drag him off the plane before it took off.

DanaC 05-16-2011 06:49 AM

What's this about his Godchild?

Trilby 05-16-2011 07:18 AM

men are amazing creatures. This guy is 62 years old, ffs, and he's running around, chasing maids and raping them? (I mean, allegedly, you know)

I'm 47 and that instinct is pretty much a distant memory...

please don't misconstrue this observation, my fellow cellarites. I'ma jus' sayin'...IF he did it, -wow. It makes me tired just to think of it.

DanaC 05-16-2011 07:28 AM

I think probably to make it so far in politics and the world stage you'd have to have a fair old quantity of testosterone.

Spexxvet 05-16-2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Ghost (Post 734177)
The Secretary will disavow any knowledge of his actions...

I thought he looked a lot like Peter Graves;)

SamIam 05-16-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 734239)
What's this about his Godchild?

I don't know about any Godchild but Strauss-Kahn's character has been questioned before. In 2008, he apologized for "an error of judgment" after an affair with a female IMF economist who was his subordinate. :eyebrow:

DanaC 05-16-2011 08:02 AM

Yeah. Now there's some French writer saying he assualted her as well.

footfootfoot 05-16-2011 05:17 PM

A friend of mine pointed out the perfect symbolism of it:
The head of IMF raping an African

Quote:

The IMF’s responsibilities: The IMF's primary purpose is to ensure the stability of the international monetary system—the system of exchange rates and international payments that enables countries (and their citizens) to transact with one other. This system is essential for promoting sustainable economic growth, increasing living standards, and reducing poverty. Following the recent global crisis, the Fund has been clarifying and updating its mandate to cover the full range of macroeconomic and financial sector issues that bear on global stability

Griff 05-16-2011 05:17 PM

Isn't rape a core value of the IMF?

tw 05-16-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 734400)
Isn't rape a core value of the IMF?

Along with so many business school educated microcredit lenders who also think their purpose is only profit. Loansharks.

A house cleaner? An irrelevant entity. Does not even show up on a spread sheet ... so he thought.

footfootfoot 05-16-2011 08:35 PM

she showed up to spread the sheets,

ZenGum 05-17-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 734254)
men are amazing creatures. This guy is 62 years old, ffs, and he's running around, chasing maids and raping them? (I mean, allegedly, you know)

I'm 47 and that instinct is pretty much a distant memory...

please don't misconstrue this observation, my fellow cellarites. I'ma jus' sayin'...IF he did it, -wow. It makes me tired just to think of it.

One French writer has described him as a "rutting chimp". :lol:

Whether he did it or not, I really like the fact that this uber-powerful IMF dude, with mega-expensive lawyers at his beck and call, can still end up in handcuffs on the word of some minum-wage drone hotel maid. Justice is not entirely dead, yet. Quite likely he'll do like OJ Simpson and his lawyers will wriggle him out of it, but at least we took a step.

ZenGum 05-17-2011 01:34 AM

Turns out the whole thing was a mistake.

When she said, "I like your bail-out package", he thought she said, "I like your balls-out package".