The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Things you absolutly DON'T want for Christmas (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12578)

skysidhe 11-29-2006 09:47 PM

Things you absolutly DON'T want for Christmas

We talk alot about what we want for Christmas. Most of the time recieving isn't the problem.

Please list your 'must NOT haves'

A Pointsettia. I absolutely don't want one. :3_eyes:

Aliantha 11-29-2006 09:48 PM

I definitely don't want chocolate or anything food related.

skysidhe 11-29-2006 09:51 PM

Not even fudge?? Peanut butter fudge..:yum:

http://www.woodstockcandy.com/images/new_fudge.jpg

Aliantha 11-29-2006 09:53 PM

At Christmas I make heaps of sweets, including fudge and coconut ice and rum balls etc. I make fruit mince pies and rich fruit cake with plastic icing and frilly bits. I make fancy lollies of other kinds as well, including chocolate with fillings.

The last thing I need is more chocolate! ;)

Bullitt 11-29-2006 10:10 PM

My family to just enjoy each other's company for once.. :bitching: :stickpoke :lame:

bluecuracao 11-29-2006 10:12 PM

I don't want any more STUFF, period. I've reached the limit of stuff I can fit in my <1200 sf home and my 5'6" frame. The best present I'm going to get this year is a visit to a spa in NM, which starts out with an archeological hike and ends with a massage and mud bath...and I do not plan on purchasing an overpriced robe to take home.

Aliantha 11-29-2006 10:14 PM

Bullit...it's things you DONT want.

Bullitt 11-29-2006 10:18 PM

Sorry Alex, tired and in pain from the wisdom teeth extraction.. but you know what I meant

Aliantha 11-29-2006 10:21 PM

Sorry about your tooth ripping out thingo. Hope you feel better soon. I sympathise with you though. I've got an earache which isn't helping me to be very understanding either. :(

skysidhe 11-30-2006 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt
My family to just enjoy each other's company for once.. :bitching: :stickpoke :lame:

So you don't want any arguing and people pushing each others buttons. I think we all want that. Especially at Christmas.

I do not want a christmas tree.

Instead, I saw this small tropical pine I am going to buy that will continue to grow through out the years.

Shocker 11-30-2006 10:45 AM

There really isn't anything specific that I don't want... I just don't want something that I'm never really gonna use!

Sundae 11-30-2006 10:59 AM

Please feel free to send me anything you get and don't want!

I'm not getting any presents this year as I can't afford to give them. Excepting my niece and nephew of course, which means I'll probably get a voucher from my sister. If I said I didn't want that I'd be lying.

An STD? Not much chance of that happening, but I don't want one for Christmas anyway.

Trilby 11-30-2006 11:03 AM

Ohhh--I don't want an STD either! good call!

I also don't want coronary artery disease or a migraine or anything to do with any police.*

*caveat: unless said policeman is hunky and hitting on me, then, we shall see.

rkzenrage 11-30-2006 11:06 AM

Sweaters that are too small for me. I get them every year.:3_eyes:
1. I am VERY picky about my clothing.
2. I wear a XXXL (some 2x will fit, but very rarely, I have lost some muscle mass since the chair and less yoga, but I still have a 50' chest). NO one ever buys anything that size for me. Why? FuckifIknow.
3. I live in a state that has 3 days of sweater weather a year & have about 8 sweaters.

Brianna may not want some help with her policeman-problem... but we may have to anyway.

Shawnee123 11-30-2006 11:12 AM

hey sister soul sister

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl
I'm not getting any presents this year as I can't afford to give them.

Me in same boat. I love to get great gifts for my family, and especially nice gifts for my nieces and nephews, but with the recent changes I just can't this year. It's kind of embarrassing.

Then I was delivered a catalogue called Signals that has exactly the kinds of things I like to give, and many things I'd like to get! (There's a shirt that says "Careful, or you'll end up in my novel" that i love)

Let's see...what do I absolutely NOT want? I guess I don't want that one fruitcake that has circled the world for the past 10 years through the joy of re-gifting.