The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What are You Watching on Netflix Instant/Amazon Prime/orwhateverotherinstreaming (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27934)

glatt 03-26-2016 09:32 PM

Just watched Groundhog Day with the kids. They had never seen it before. It's a little sappy with the love story in there, but otherwise a pretty good one.

footfootfoot 03-27-2016 04:05 PM

It's one of our favorites here. We talk about time and reincarnation and try to imagine how many tens or hundreds of thousands of times he repeated that day to not only learn piano and become familiar with all the minutia of the town but to evolve emotionally as a person.

Clodfobble 04-01-2016 10:39 AM

Technically already mentioned it in my list of shows a few days ago, but it's deserving of another mention. "Flaked" with Will Arnett is very, very, very good. I've watched the whole first season twice now. Do not go in expecting his typical character-actor silliness. It's a slow burn that is well worth the payoff.

DanaC 05-07-2016 02:01 PM

I just googled 'Flaked' - Kirstie Alley is in it? I havent seen her in anything for ages. Might give it a go, looks good.

I watched Chris Hardwick's comedy central special night before last - and again today. Best standup I've seen in ages. I laughed out loud. I highly recommend it to dwellars. Very funny.

I can only find a little clip, which is in no way the best of it. Seriously, do yourself a favour - it's brilliant.

Clodfobble 05-07-2016 03:02 PM

Kirstie Alley is only in one episode, admittedly. But she's very entertaining.

Gravdigr 05-29-2016 02:22 PM

Recently watched the BBC series "River". It's a six parter dealing with (Swedish transplant) London police Detective Inspector John River, whose (female) partner has just been murdered. He sees her and talks to her, and she talks to him, even though she's quite dead. He sees dead people.

It starts pretty slowly, painfully so at times, and I almost didn't watch any more after the first episode, but, it grew on me. Quickly. At the end of the sixth and final episode, it was over way too soon.

Starring Stellan Skarsgård and Nicola Walker.

8 out of 10

Clodfobble 05-29-2016 03:21 PM

Maria Bamford's new series "Lady Dynamite."

It's a bit absurdist, and absolutely fucking hiliarious. Mr. Clod and I are both cackling through every episode--yet if I were to try to describe any of the jokes here, they wouldn't sound funny at all. But they are, they are. You just have to watch it. Trust me.

Gravdigr 06-15-2016 09:45 AM

Just finished a three hour documentary on one of my favorite bands, "The History of The Eagles".

Positively loved it.

From how they named the band (it involves peyote buttons), to how the songs were titled/written/conceived. Just a great, great documentary.

My favorite quote:

Quote:

So, I'm riding shotgun with a drug dealer in a Corvette, on our way to a poker game...
~Glen Frey

On Netflix.

fargon 06-15-2016 08:21 PM

I'll watch it this coming winter, it's too nice to sit inside.

Gravdigr 07-05-2016 03:19 PM

Might not still be there.

It has a sunny day beat to hell anyway.

I just started watching "Nurse Jackie", on Netflix.

Pico and ME 07-05-2016 05:27 PM

ut oh Grav.......buckle in.

Gravdigr 07-07-2016 12:09 PM

Gets wild, does it?

Pico and ME 07-07-2016 12:29 PM

its a trip

Spexxvet 08-01-2016 11:22 AM

Netflix originals

Last weekend - Stranger Things

This weekend - Marcella

Undertoad 08-01-2016 11:25 AM

New MST3K will be on Netflix, it was announced.