The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

glatt 10-17-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 834659)
you don't need to make me feel worse about it.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad. I like you and I think you are funny. You too Tribly.

infinite monkey 10-17-2012 01:02 PM

Oh glatt...you're one of the best people on earth, in my opinion.

I'm mouthy. And I've been out of sorts.

There are certainly nothing even close to bad feelings from me towards you. :)

DanaC 10-17-2012 03:44 PM

I usually find that the 'being ignored' feeling comes from inside my own head, not from anything anybody has or hasn't said.

I remember feeling really upset one time in here, and I think the only person I ever talked to about it was Sundae. I felt absolutely ignored and disregarded, and a little bit hurt. I also felt a little defensive, because rather than putting myself out there, I'd put my eldest niece out there. In the Proud Parent thread. And nobody was interested enough to make a comment. Except Sundae. And I waited to see if anybody would comment. And they didn't. And then people posted about other stuff and their kids and grandkids. And the only comment was from Sundae, who I'd pm'd to say: ooooh I just posted a pic of Meels, go check it out.

So, I'd posted all about her triumph and success and a picture that i thought looked stunning, and noone was really interested. I ended up posting a followup a few days later, and I think someone did do a caption for the pic which was quite funny.

I wound myself up good and proper over that. But the reality is, people weren't ignoring or disregarding me and mine. All that sense of being ignored, all that hurt at an apparent lack of interest which takes no account of how many people actually looked, or the particular way in which people interact with that thread (nipping in with pics, all aglow and really more concerned with what you're about to share that what's already gone by :P) ...and indeed, the way I interact with that thread (infrequently and often without commenting) was coming from me.

But in my own mind I built it up into something hurtful. For a little while. Just in one of those fragile moods that occasionally hit :p

[eta] my point, inasmuch as I have one, is that not being responded to on a forum does not equate to being ignored or disregarded, and more of us have at some point experienced that feeling of being ignored than you might imagine.

Trilby 10-17-2012 03:54 PM

to add my two cents - there are some threads I just NEVER or hardly ever visit. The Proud Parent thread being one of them. i also don't do the creative thread too much as it's been hijacked. hardly to politics, or technology - NEVER! I don't know anything about that stuff and my kids, well, they are 21 and 22 and I AM very proud of them but I just don't feel the need to talk about them here. I have talked about them before but not much. I could brag with the best of them. I just don't have that interest. some people, usually newer parents, want to post pics of every thing junior has ever done - ok. but I'm not really into it. It seems like a competition and frankly, my kids won. :P ;)

Gravdigr 10-17-2012 03:57 PM

There is just too much shiny stuff in the world for me to reply wi---ooh, look, a butterfly.

And, to hell with you, you fucking Infinite fucking Monkey, you. Glossing right over, and even making fun of my toe hair issues. I told you that in confidence.

DanaC 10-17-2012 03:58 PM

Exactly! I hardly ever go into that thread. That doesn't mean I am ignoring those posts. All that simmering hurt was entirely a product of my own thoughts and had very little to do with what was happening or not happening in the Cellar.

Because, by the same token, I don't think I have ever posted a pic of my dog without it eliciting comment.

Sometimes it's just where your head's at.

Trilby 10-17-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 834678)
Exactly! I hardly ever go into that thread. That doesn't mean I am ignoring those posts. All that simmering hurt was entirely a product of my own thoughts and had very little to do with what was happening or not happening in the Cellar.

Because, by the same token, I don't think I have ever posted a pic of my dog without it eliciting comment.

Sometimes it's just where your head's at.

well, I DO like my dog better than my kids a lot of the time...

:)

bluecuracao 11-15-2012 06:37 PM

I found out today that I fell just $200 short of wages earned in a certain qualifying quarter or phase of the moon or whatever, of being eligible for unemployment benefits. :mad:

Why, oh why, couldn't I have been more of a forward-thinking cheating scoundrel, and padded my time sheet during some of those lean weeks? I could be paying my mortgage right now! Instead of getting my nerve up to call the bank and explain why I'm going to be late. :mad2:

This whole job thing just doesn't seem to be working out for me. Every place that I've done freelance work loves having me there, but can't afford to hire anyone full time. Then, some shit hits some fan and they can't afford to keep their freelancers. So, screw work, I'm becoming a Welfare Queen. I probably won't be able to keep my house, but c'est la vie. I'll be driving a Cadillac!

Lamplighter 11-15-2012 06:41 PM

Groan... I'm sorry for you plight.

But if you do have to drive a Cadillac,
be sure it's a pink convertible,
and enjoy the wind in your hair. ;)

bluecuracao 11-15-2012 06:43 PM

Thanks, Lamplighter. I will, as long as the gas doesn't run out!

orthodoc 11-15-2012 06:46 PM

That's awful, I'm so sorry. To be so close ...!!
Wish I had some solution, or some words to help ... :(

bluecuracao 11-15-2012 07:19 PM

Aww, orthodoc. This dumb crap is not anywhere near comparable to going through chemo and dealing with cancer...thank you for your kind thoughts.

Besides, everything will be fine once my platinum EBT card comes in the mail. ;)

Lamplighter 12-14-2012 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our dishwasher stopped dead. No lights, no pump, no water, nothing.
Being faced with another $65 service call, I procrastinated all day.
Finally, at noon today, my wife insisted I do something.
" Fix it or call the repairman ! "

So out came the dishwasher, with me looking around for something astray.
It was the same as me opening the hood of a car, and wondering why it would not start.
But finally I got out a multimeter and started poking it about.

What scorched my grove (yesterday)... this:

Attachment 42143

Long and short of it (pun intended) was up-line in the GFI.
A line (black) wire shorted out, probably due to a loose connection.
Fortunately, no fire started by the arcing.

I installed a new GFI and ran the dishwasher through it's cycles.

Happy wife, Happy Home.

sexobon 12-14-2012 09:03 PM

Perhaps out of gratitude for a job well done, she won't put your seasoned coffee cup in it.

Chocolatl 12-16-2012 06:03 PM

I think my baby is starting to teethe.

Please kill me now.