The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

Aliantha 11-11-2007 12:00 AM

almost better now mate. :) I can even breath through my nose!

DucksNuts 11-11-2007 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 405887)

WOW...I know all the words to that song. Wonder what happened to Mr Astley

Aliantha 11-11-2007 06:42 AM

he died

Sundae 11-11-2007 06:55 AM

he's making a comeback isn't he?

Aliantha 11-11-2007 03:59 PM

probably. ;) I made up that bit about him dying for dramatic effect. Looks like I only managed consternation here...

ZenGum 11-12-2007 10:11 AM

I ashamedly admit that I remember that song too. :thepain:
I was young, stupid, teenaged, and had not yet learned to recognize a talentless prettyboy carried entirely by the studio techies.

If he's not dead, I think he should have become Jason Donovan's soul(-less) mate.

lookout123 11-12-2007 01:17 PM

Foxsoccerchannel...not...playing...arsenal matches. their tied for first with manchester united and FSC is playing a freaking FA Cup match between what i believe are two league one sides. are you freaking kidding me???

but, aha! just found out that they are on setanta and i know of a restaurant, ok - bar with a kitchen that has setanta. off i go. i can take my work with me and call it a working lunch.

***just received my email notifying me of my bill from the saturday night. I went to a silent auction for a charity group. ouch. i'm not sure whether to post this in the happy or upsetting thread.****

Sundae 11-12-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 406232)
Foxsoccerchannel...not...playing...arsenal matches. their tied for first with manchester united and FSC is playing a freaking FA Cup match between what i believe are two league one sides. are you freaking kidding me???

The FA Cup is hugely important here though. And a wonderful opportunity for first division fans to see their team play live rather than just the usual suspects in the premier.

Quote:

but, aha! just found out that they are on setanta and i know of a restaurant, ok - bar with a kitchen that has setanta. off i go. i can take my work with me and call it a working lunch.
We get Setanta as part of our Virgin package. It makes HM very happy. He's a Liverpool fan. See you're holding your own against Reading anyway...

Quote:

***just received my email notifying me of my bill from the saturday night. I went to a silent auction for a charity group. ouch. i'm not sure whether to post this in the happy or upsetting thread.****
What joo win? Anything cool?

lookout123 11-12-2007 03:02 PM

Don't misunderstand - I'm a fan of the FA cup. I actually care more about that than the Champions League (ya i know, backwards) but to have to lower league teams televised in the US instead of this game? BTW, did i mention that this is just one of the multiple replays of this FA Cup game? I'm happy that these players get the opportunity to be televised, but... but... not in place of a live Gunners game.

I won a couple different weekend getaways and a champagne brunch. Didn't get the Wii.

BigV 11-12-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

BigV
is inconsequentia l. and the word is spelled with an "L" at the end followed by a full stop.
My facebook entry. Notice the word inconsequential. Notice that the end of the word is displayed: "inconsequentia l." It is not a typo. I deliberately typed it CORRECTLY, yet the system stubbornly refuses to display it like this:

inconsequential.

Maddening.

BigV 11-12-2007 04:17 PM

bad day today.

:(

Sundae 11-12-2007 04:23 PM

I have a pain at the top of my right thigh. It's on the outside of the thigh, the part that continues round from the butt.
It started last week and I thought I'd burned myself sitting too close to the outside heater when we sat in the yard with HM's brother (a smoker).

It was an occasional sharp pain but the most significant characteristic was the burning sensation of my skin when I lay in bed.

This evening it has been worse rather than better. It is sharp enough to make me cry out when I move, and I can feel (albeit less intensely) as I am sitting here on the edge of the bed. It is seriously painful and feels like whenever I use the muscle it is ripping or tearing. Any use is painful, even if unrelated, like sneezing or earlier when I was on the loo.

And yet bizzarely it hasn't hurt once during exercise and tonight it is at its worst when I am having a rest day.

It's scaring me a little. I am thinking of going to the doctors about it.

Clodfobble 11-12-2007 05:30 PM

I'm confused--is it both muscular, and on the surface of your skin?

Sundae 11-12-2007 05:37 PM

Until tonight I thought it was skin deep.
Tonight the sharp pains are definitely muscular, but still feel close to the surface if that makes any sense.

Even now, lying on the bed with the laptop propped up against my bended knees I can feel it, and it feels like a burn. When I move it will really twinge and make me swear. I keep cecking the skin execting to see shiny scar tissue, which I have cracked by moving and is now weeping. But it looks totally normal. It must be underneath.

Sorry, I'm confused about it myself so I'm probably not making any sense.

Aliantha 11-12-2007 05:38 PM

go to the doc sg. If it's that painful you should have it seen to.