The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   A Little Movie Quote Help, Please (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29387)

Gravdigr 09-11-2013 04:09 PM

A Little Movie Quote Help, Please

I have a line from a movie in my head. I think it was a western of some vintage or other. That's all I got.

The line goes, something to the effect of:

Quote:

A hundred and eleven years ago, when I was ten...
I may or may not have transposed those numbers. Or, they may be other numbers.

Anybody? Anything?

Thanks in advance.

Happy Monkey 09-11-2013 04:14 PM

Little Big Man

Gravdigr 09-11-2013 04:26 PM

At least I ain't crazy.

Thank you so very much, Mr. Monkey.

Gravdigr 09-11-2013 04:27 PM

That site looks to be a good reference. Thanks for turning me on.

I Googled my phrase and got nothing pertinent.

infinite monkey 09-12-2013 10:44 AM

Little Horse: You look tired Little Big Man. Would you like to come in my teepee and rest on soft furs? Come and live with me and I'll be your wife!

Great movie!

Gravdigr 09-12-2013 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was that the fella that was a little light in his moccasins, so to speak? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

First time I saw that guy, I tripped. "There wasn't no "gay" Indians!!!", I scoffed.

I was wrong:

Attachment 45431

Lamplighter 09-12-2013 02:26 PM

a contrarian ?

infinite monkey 09-12-2013 02:29 PM

HAHAHA!

(Honestly, my friend and I saw Prince, way before he was uber-famous, on probably Don Kirshner's Rock concert back in the day and we were like "WHUT? A gay black man? Nuh-uh!")

We were very young and naive. We certainly didn't think there was anything wrong with that, and as it turned out we were wrong anyway...and Prince freaking rocks! We were just rural schoolgirls who were much less wordly than we imagined, even if eons ahead of many of our classmates.

Gravdigr 09-12-2013 05:09 PM

Prince is guitar-playing fool, when he sets his mind to it.

Clodfobble 09-12-2013 06:38 PM

Also, apparently excellent at basketball and making pancakes.

jimhelm 09-12-2013 06:43 PM

I would have guessed Bilbo Baggins as the source of the quote, BTW.

~also good at pancakes. not so much basketball.

glatt 09-13-2013 07:32 AM

I'm far below average at basketball, but pancakes? What's there to know? You mix up the batter, pour it onto the griddle, wait for the bubbles to be just right, flip it over, wait a minute, and then serve. The only trick is to pay attention to them, which is hard to do if you are cooking up a huge breakfast in a restaurant or something and you're distracted. But if your only task is pancakes, it's pretty simple.

lumberjim 09-13-2013 09:01 AM

But, mixing the batter just right. .. adding blueberries or chocolate chips. ... Oil the pan or don't. ... fluffy pancakes, or thin crisp ones. ...making them uniform and round. ... it's an art.

infinite monkey 09-13-2013 09:18 AM

Yeah glatt, Mr Smarty-cook. Just try Papa's Pancakeria, why don't you? It ain't easy! :lol:

glatt 09-13-2013 09:53 AM

:lol:

Pancakes are a special breakfast and are to be enjoyed for sure, if part of that enjoyment is to call it an art and build it up into an event, then that's great.

But honestly, we're talking about pancakes. Something kids can master after a few tries. You hear that to become an expert at something, you need to practice 10,000 hours at it. I think you can be a pancake master after 10 hours. And if you have a really good teacher and are motivated, after 1 hour.