The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Orphan Black (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=30124)

Ibby 05-19-2014 07:30 PM

Orphan Black

anyone else watching Orphan Black?
if not i really recommend it. it's a joint production between a canadian network and BBC America, fantastic not-exactly-scifi show.
possible first-few-episodes spoilers whited out below:

Basically, Tatiana Maslany (AMAZING actress) plays Sarah, a part-time con artist, who lives in toronto with her foster brother. While waiting for a train, she watches a girl who looks exactly like her jump in front of a train, and finds out that she is just one of a whole series of clones. Tatiana plays a british-canadian con artist, a bored suburban housewife, an american science phd student, a deranged ukrainian serial killer, and a handful of other clones, and does a mind-blowing job playing so many distinct characters. the show builds into a great conspiracy thriller, and when i say not-exactly-scifi i mean that the only real scifi element so far is the existence of a bunch of human clones.

I maybe haven't done the best job selling it right there but i really do recommend it, if you haven't seen it.

glatt 05-19-2014 08:15 PM

Hi Ibby!

Sounds interesting. I'll look into it.

Ibby 05-19-2014 08:38 PM

BigV 05-19-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibby
Orphan Black
anyone else watching Orphan Black?
if not i really recommend it.

:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibby

:thumbsdn:

lumberjim 05-19-2014 11:08 PM

I'd hit it

Clodfobble 05-19-2014 11:10 PM

Howdy, Ibby! I've been seeing promo screens for it on Netflix, maybe Mr. Clod and I will give it a try.

BigV 05-19-2014 11:18 PM

I should say, for those of you who haven't seen it, and intend to see it, do not reveal the spoiler text in Ibby's opening post.

Ibby 05-19-2014 11:22 PM

the spoiler text doesn't reveal mmuuuuuuuch past the first few episodes. I probably knew more about it than that just from coming across gifs and stuff on tumblr, before watching it, and it didn't ruin anything for me at least. if you like complete unspoiledness definitely dont reveal it, thats why i hid it to start with, but it mostly just spoils the sort of basic concept.

edit: i mean like, the best part of the first few episodes is the reveal OF the concept, so like, yeah read at your own risk obvs

Spexxvet 05-20-2014 07:42 AM

Incredible show. We had a party for the season 2 premier. Tatyana is an unbelievable talent.

Sheldonrs 05-20-2014 08:02 AM

I tried watching it a few times after a friend at work suggested it but just couldn't get into it.

Happy Monkey 05-20-2014 10:00 AM

Amazing how easy it is to forget that the characters are played by one person.

Gravdigr 05-20-2014 03:38 PM

Hiya Ibs. How's things?

footfootfoot 05-26-2014 04:21 PM

fucking love this show.

She is one talented actress, shooting/directing this must be a logistical headache.

Quote:

Sastra, what is vedgie cabinet?

It’s a place where all of the vegetables go.

Oh. Why? Were they bad?

No. They’re there so they’re all in one place to eat, Helena. Vegetables can’t be good or bad.
Oh. That is good. I am glad they are all in one place. That is nice. I like vegetables. They are very good listeners.

I’m glad you like the vegetables. They like you too.
They do? I am glad they like me. I hope they do not mind when I eat them sometimes.

Spexxvet 05-27-2014 10:38 AM

Helena is obsessed with food, and eats like an animal (which is how Thomas treated her). In the last episode, when Sarah left her in the car, I knew she would get out to eat.

Gravdigr 05-30-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 899387)
Hiya Ibs. How's things?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibby (Post 899328)
crickets chirping

That's great! Good to hear.

:lol2: