The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   talk like a pirate day is nearing ( sept 19th) (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9162)

Gravdigr 09-19-2016 11:58 AM

Thinking about pirates...

I still find it hilarious that in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies Johnny Depp isn't trying to talk like a pirate as much as he's trying to impersonate Keith Richards.

Beest 09-19-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 969294)
Thinking about pirates...

I still find it hilarious that in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies Johnny Depp isn't trying to talk like a pirate as much as he's trying to impersonate Keith Richards.

Me too, really annoyed me for the first half an hour the first time I watched it that he seemed to be trying to do a half assed impression of Keith Richards, there was a comedy show at the time where Keith and Mick ran a corner shop, so it wan't even original., When you find out he was deliberately doing a half assed impression of Keith Richards it makes sense.

lumberjim 09-19-2016 04:29 PM

I thought he sounded like Ozzy

monster 09-19-2016 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some poor fool at work added signage to my workload....

lumberjim 09-19-2016 09:22 PM

You rock

monster 09-19-2016 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
there were 8 in all (I think)

lumberjim 09-19-2016 09:59 PM

Was it a hit? I'd buy Saaaaarrsage

monster 09-20-2016 02:33 PM

someone stole that sign.....

lumberjim 09-21-2016 06:25 PM

Can't think of higher praise

lumberjim 09-21-2016 06:35 PM

You're a doctor. I know your job is low on your list of priorities at this stage in the game, but when your nest is empty, I'd like to suggest you look to marketing as a career. Your experience fund raising, and superior command of language, the whip sharp wit, and purple hair....high motor, go getter... Chaos on a broomstick, messy bossy pillar of strength..... Creative and crafty.

Or... Manage musical acts. You have horrid taste in music though, so you'd have to work for an agent.

Might as well have fun at your current job. Tell then I said you should be in charge of the signs for all holidays, real and imaginary.

monster 09-21-2016 06:56 PM

I hate marketing. with a passion. but thanks. I used to share my office with the graphic artist and the marketer. Now it's mine, all mine. and apparently so are the jobs. but not all the money. Marketing folks have to deal with people and not call them stupid cunts. This is not my area of strength. ut my job is paying for college for the first-baaaaaarrrrn. Another one goes next year :eek:

monster 09-19-2017 03:01 PM

Can't believe no-one resurrected this thread yet today.

I do have a sign minion now, but Tuesday is her day off....

Joining classics Saaaarrrrsage links, Caaaaarrrving pumpkins and Jaaaaaarlsberg this year were Aaaaaaarrrlive Oil (to cook like a pirate), Chaaaaarrrcoal (to grill like a pirate) and on the Deli, Kale and Brussels Slaaaaaaw and Spinach Lasaaaaaarrrgna. In the café, Sip n Stroll Grog (Shop like a Pirate)

New this year:Team member name buttons:

Cap'n Chaaarrrles
Lord Longbeard (it's about 18" ....and he has a long beard too)
Boatswain Blair
Jolly James
Grogmaster Zak

Gravdigr 09-19-2017 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Aye, matey, I be seeing arrlier today that today be Talk Like A Pirate Day, yarr.

Attachment 61831

The first live band I ever saw was a local band named Jolly Roger.:devil:

lumberjim 09-19-2017 04:50 PM

Arg, I nurly o'erlooked tha day agin. barnacles!

xoxoxoBruce 09-19-2017 06:59 PM

If you don't knock off the Arrrrrr. you'll never win on wheel of fortune.