The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   World Apologies (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7185)

And 11-08-2004 10:33 PM

World Apologies

Not quite sure where to place this thread, since it crosses over several categories, and usually I just lurk down in the IotD forum. But anyway...

Some folks I know were seriously depressed at the recent political events involving the elections, and felt that it was necessary to let the world know that not everyone in America was hellbent on being supporters of the Bush Dynasty.

Hence, SorryEverybody.com. It was only a local idea, but after the first day of being up, it'd accquired 2 million hits, and now, just this evening, it made it onto a CNN broadcast.

There has been plenty of support for and against it, but currently, the submissions still pour in, so fast that while I was viewing their gallery, four more pages appeared on the list.

View the page, or make a submission, or send a donation, or send hate mail. Whatever. But some of the responses shown there I felt are at least worth a couple minutes of time.

bluesdave 11-08-2004 10:55 PM

What a wonderful site! I'm very impressed. :thumbsup:

FloridaDragon 11-08-2004 11:06 PM

belongs in the politics section...pure politics :thumbsdn:

404Error 11-08-2004 11:32 PM

I, for one, am not sorry for anything and I find it appalling that all those idiots would post pictures of themselves apologizing for our countries political process. :thumbsdn:

wolf 11-09-2004 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got this ...

404Error 11-09-2004 12:42 AM

Wolf, this is the actual site name: http://72.3.131.10/ on my browser.

wolf 11-09-2004 12:54 AM

Is this one yours Syc?

Cyber Wolf 11-09-2004 06:41 AM

Well I did put this link in the Politics forum, as seen here but that's okay. More exposure is good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 404Error
I, for one, am not sorry for anything and I find it appalling that all those idiots would post pictures of themselves apologizing for our countries political process. :thumbsdn:

It's not so much the process they're sorry for, it's the results.

404Error 11-09-2004 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf
...It's not so much the process they're sorry for, it's the results.

Same difference. It was a fair election, the person with the most votes won. No need to apologize to anyone.

Cyber Wolf 11-09-2004 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 404Error
Same difference. It was a fair election, the person with the most votes won. No need to apologize to anyone.

So don't. If other people feel they need or want to, let 'em.

404Error 11-09-2004 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf
So don't. If other people feel they need or want to, let 'em.

Yeah, you're right. If I look at it like they're apologizing for making a poor, ill informed decision to vote for the wrong person then I guess it makes sense that they're sorry. ;)

Beestie 11-09-2004 08:59 AM

I think its interesting that the apologists are more concerned with the majority international opinion than they are the majority American opinion.

That is one of the reasons the candidate you supported was not elected.

So since Kerry can't kiss international butt from the White House, the apologists are compensating. I suppose that's ok.

FloridaDragon 11-09-2004 10:18 AM

We need a web site to apologize for the Americans who feel they need to apologize. "We are sorry World that some Americans feel the need to apologize to you."

I agree 404, no apologies coming from this American.

:D

OnyxCougar 11-09-2004 10:36 AM

I don't think we need to apologize, but I do think that even though the Electoral College happened to work this time, it should still be abolished. It's an old, antiquated system, and there is absolutely no reason why a vote in ohio should be more important than a vote in new mexico. It doesn't matter how many people live in a particular area, or population density. Each vote weighs the same. That's the fair way to do it.

Cyber Wolf 11-09-2004 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beestie
So since Kerry can't kiss international butt from the White House, the apologists are compensating. I suppose that's ok.

Not all apologists voted for Kerry. Or voted at all.