The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   The Internet (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Yet more keen links one might want to share (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7624)

Cicero 11-08-2006 08:01 PM

I can't believe it! I haven't gotten one loop Yet!!!:mad:
Back to the drawing board.....Oh! and my addiction was almost over.....You guys are so bad............That backwards loop is where it's at. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.....:D

Elspode 11-08-2006 08:46 PM

You know...I go along, thinking I might be at least a little bit creative, then I see stuff like this.

Shit.

Cicero 11-09-2006 09:28 PM

Yea so much for my "genius". I guess I'm not going to take my act on the road just yet.......

zippyt 11-10-2006 11:32 PM

Check this out !!!
http://www.oncotton.co.uk/peter/index/index2.html

xoxoxoBruce 11-11-2006 12:28 AM

Wow, Zip.:thumbsup:

Pie 11-11-2006 09:29 AM

Really cool stuff! Can one buy his works?

xoxoxoBruce 11-12-2006 11:49 PM

A peguin that doesn't get bashed by a Yeti.:D

xoxoxoBruce 11-12-2006 11:53 PM

You're rich....yes you are....c'mon, fess up. ;)

lumberjim 11-13-2006 12:03 AM

that's surprising. i've seen that as compared to american incomes, but it's a bit more staggering vs. the world.

xoxoxoBruce 11-13-2006 03:08 AM

Yeah, compared to the world, if you have a PC and internet connection to go to that site, you're rich. ;)

Sundae 11-13-2006 01:20 PM

Quote:

I'm the 357,078,374 richest person on earth!
Humbling thought.
I work with pharmacists & GPs who are on 2 to 5 times my salary and often part of a working couple (ie their household income can easily be 6 times mine). I've felt like the poor relation for a long time - the only one who waits for payday, who can only buy treats the first week of the month etc.

I do give to charity (monthly straight from my bank account) but perhaps I should look at the bigger picture and give what I can, which is more.

On a happier note, I've sent the penguin to my Dad (still recovering knee operation) and my ex colleague currently waiting for job interview results. Hey - we do what we can to cheer up the world!

Pie 11-13-2006 09:40 PM

"Test your musical skills in 6 minutes!"
Supposedly diagnoses tone-deafness. According to this, I got 83.3% right, and have "excellent musical abilities" :right:

glatt 11-14-2006 10:58 AM

Neat test. I got a 66.7%. It seemed like more of a memory test to me than a test of tone-deafness. But what do I know? Maybe if I had perfect pitch, it would be easier to remember those longer tunes.

Shawnee123 11-14-2006 11:11 AM

www.5ives.com

Some funny stuff

Example:

Five ideas I’ve had for family theme restaurants
November 13th, 2006

1)B.F. Skinner’s Original Stuffers - The poultry skin of your choosing is stuffed with a la carte selections from “th’ fixin’s bar,” deep fried to a golden brown, and served with your choice of fun “Dippin’” sauces.
2)Bobby B. Butterworth’s Old Fashioned Dairy Funshack - A frozen quarterpound stick of salted creamery butter is hand-battered, “flash fried,” and served with your choice of fun “Dippin’” sauces.
3)Long John Silvers’ “Dripper” Hut - Offshoot of the fast-food seafood franchise offers “mini-buckets” of their leftover fried shortening flecks, served with your choice of fun “Dippin’” sauces.
4)Mouth Meat Mel’s - 450º pizza — sure to immediately scald the roof of your mouth — is served with your choice of fun “Dippin’” sauces. (note: first-time members of “The Mel’s Mouth Meat Makers” receive a colorful “I damaged the delicate tissues of my mouth at Mel’s!” adhesive ribbon)
5)Dippin’ Dippin’ Dippin’! - The “Dippin’” sauce of your choice is served with your choice of fun “Dippin’” sauces.

Another:

Five terrible fake scripts from a notional fourth season of Gilligan’s Island
June 15th, 2006

1)Ginger gets badly hooked on coconut-based diet pills
2)Gilligan quietly begins surreptitious relationship with Mary Ann’s cut-offs
3)Mr. Howell acquires Skipper in stock-only buy-out
4)Intact Coast Guard ship lands in lagoon; Professor disassembles parts to construct ersatz wooden “rescue telephone”
5)Cousin Oliver arrives, reviving the tired franchise with his inspired island mayhem

For all you musician types, there are good ones for you as well. Check it out!

footfootfoot 11-14-2006 05:29 PM

HEY!