The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Creative Expression (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What did you make today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=22987)

Sundae 06-21-2010 03:14 PM

Pickled red cabbage?
It's a staple pickle here, especially over Christmas.

Clodfobble 06-21-2010 03:17 PM

This one's green, but you can pickle pretty much any vegetable (or fruit, for that matter.) I'm trying to recreate this amazing soup I get from the Chinese place, that has pickled cabbage, pork, tomatoes, and snow peas in a clear broth.

limey 06-21-2010 05:00 PM

Today I made music.
I played Eb bass in the Brass Band for a programme including such popular numbers as Annie's Song, Blaze Away, I Got Rhythm and Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines, and Sousaphone in a little jazz combo (me, cornet and geetar) with things like When Somebody Thinks You're Wonderful, Darktown Strutters Ball, Muskrat Ramble* and Didn't He Ramble.
Ah'm knackereddd!

*Now renamed by us Mustn't Grumble!

Pie 06-21-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 665036)
I wish I had time to search for a graphic of a killer meatloaf, but it's time to go back to work.

Killer Meatloaf?

http://www.work-killer.com/wp-conten...outofhell3.jpg

HungLikeJesus 06-21-2010 06:33 PM

And the monster is loose! Good find, Pie.

Clodfobble, do you plan to pickle any peppers?

Clodfobble 06-21-2010 06:35 PM

A peck of them, perhaps.

monster 06-21-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 665194)
And the monster is loose

Quote:

Clodfobble, do you plan to pickle any peckers?

:lol:

glatt 07-22-2010 10:54 AM

Last night, I made a carrying case for some memory cards.

I had ordered 3 double packs of SD memory cards off Amazon for an upcoming vacation to the 4 corners region. They were cheap. But these memory cards didn't come with protective cases. Including the two I already owned, I now had 8 SD cards to keep track of. It's an embarrassment of riches, but a potential problem if I lose a card containing a couple hundred priceless vacation pictures.

Eyeballing an SD memory card, I realized that each one was about the height of a 35 mm negative. I thought they might fit perfectly into the plastic sheets you used to have for organizing 35mm film negatives. So I dug through a box of old photos to get a sheet of negative holders. Cut two pieces out of it in a way that each will hold 4 cards with easy access from both sides of the sheet. I had a plastic box from a pocket first aid kit that was the perfect size. I padded the inside of the box with a little thin foam packaging from a cell phone, and the card sleeves fit in there perfectly. An Altoid tin would probably also be just the right size.

It's super simple, and very effective. The cards are easy to slide into and out of the sleeves. I should post a picture.

You can buy very similar card organizers for like $10 online. But it's cheaper, faster, and more fun to make one out of stuff you may have lying around.

xoxoxoBruce 07-22-2010 11:01 AM

Great, keep 'em all together so you can lose 'em all at once. :haha:

classicman 07-22-2010 12:27 PM

Bruce beat me to it - I was just thinking about keeping all your eggs in one basket...

glatt 07-22-2010 12:50 PM

Sure, but in reality, when we have a lot of stuff to carry, we put it in a bag or container of some sort. It's just what we do. It's easier.

Shawnee123 07-22-2010 01:02 PM

No, glatt...just in case you should keep one in your shoe, one in a closet, one above the door frame, one in the glove compartment, one in a safe deposit box, one in...

While you're at it, please also scatter your dishes, your tools, and your clothing.

I mean...WTF?

monster 07-22-2010 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 664820)

monster, pic of ceramic napkin thingy, please. :D

not the best pic, but....

glatt 07-22-2010 01:15 PM

Very nice. I like it.

xoxoxoBruce 07-22-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 671997)
Sure, but in reality, when we have a lot of stuff to carry, we put it in a bag or container of some sort. It's just what we do. It's easier.

Of course, it's an excellent idea, I was just fucking with you. How about a layer of that anti-static plastic that comes on electronic gizmos?