The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   6/3/2005: Baby elephant in waterfall (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=8484)

Undertoad 06-03-2005 10:20 AM

6/3/2005: Baby elephant in waterfall

http://cellar.org/2005/elepfun.jpg

Friday was not meant to become "amazingly cloyingly cute animal pic day", but Sun_Sparkz sent along this one and well you know, for crying out loud, there's water shooting out of the little guy's trunk. Happy Friday.

lookout123 06-03-2005 10:32 AM

huh, i shoot water, milk, etc. out of my nose pretty frequentlywhile reading the cellar, but do i ever get to be the IOTD? noooooo-ooooooo.

cool pic, btw.

Promenea 06-03-2005 10:54 AM

Not to mention that huge goofy smile on his face.....

Happy Friday indeed!

Elspode 06-03-2005 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123
huh, i shoot water, milk, etc. out of my nose pretty frequentlywhile reading the cellar, but do i ever get to be the IOTD? noooooo-ooooooo.

Set up a webcam and record, man. I'm sure that, sooner or later, you'll make it here...

stellamerteuil 06-03-2005 11:20 AM

Gee golly, that's about the cutest gosh darn thing I've ever seen.

perth 06-03-2005 11:44 AM

I could be wrong, but I swear I've seen this before, on the Jungle Cruise at Disney World. I think it's animatronic.

glatt 06-03-2005 12:03 PM

Google search for Disney Jungle Cruise

They look slightly different to me. Maybe one is real, or maybe they are at different parks.

lawman 06-03-2005 12:09 PM

I think perth and glatt nailed it. this is a machine.

glatt 06-03-2005 12:14 PM

Perth gets all the credit. I just did a Google search.

axlrosen 06-03-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
They look slightly different to me.

They look the same to me except the angle of the head. I think he raises his head up and shoots water out of his trunk every so often.

perth 06-03-2005 12:19 PM

I don't know. My bullshit detector may need recalibration, but the alarms went off as soon as I saw the pic. Something about the toenails bugs me. That and the familiar pose may have set me hunting for proof. I guess the mouth bothers me as well, like the mouth isn't open wide enough or something.

glatt 06-03-2005 12:21 PM

The rocks behind are different. The Disney ones are moss covered and look more streamlined. The IOD above is more like stacked boulders.

The Disney elephant is covered in algae. The IOD is clean.

I think they are probably just different versions of the same ride, one in California, and one in another park.

Karenv 06-03-2005 01:17 PM

The Disney animatron isn't shooting water. But they are similar.

Do real elephants sit in that position?

xoxoxoBruce 06-04-2005 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perth
I don't know. My bullshit detector may need recalibration, but the alarms went off as soon as I saw the pic. Something about the toenails bugs me. That and the familiar pose may have set me hunting for proof. I guess the mouth bothers me as well, like the mouth isn't open wide enough or something.

Same here, I don't think it's real. We can't ask Leah because she's up playing with the real 'phants right now. :eyebrow:

linknoid 06-04-2005 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perth

My first reaction: that doesn't look like real elephant skin, it looks too man-made. But it must just be artifacts of how the picture was taken. Undertoad always verifies that everything he posts is completely accurate, right? ;-) So then I really believed it was real, and my eyes were just making things up.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who immediately thought it looked fake. But I still enjoyed it for the few minutes when I thought I must be wrong and that it really was a baby elephant.