The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OK! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=1)

Undertoad 01-13-2001 12:34 PM

Let's get it started folks!

BrianR 01-15-2001 11:29 AM

I'll start

This looks like it might have a few more possibilities than the last incarnation.

I just hope I don't lose track of certain friends in the move again. It seems like every time either the Cellar or I move, I lose track of someone.

But you never know...

Brian

adamzion 01-16-2001 03:07 PM

Interesting...

This does, indeed, look like it has potential. Where did this software come from, Tony?

Undertoad 01-17-2001 10:45 AM

I forget where I originally saw it, but this forum software is used to run a bunch of pretty large forums on the web.

It's got everything, doesn't it? I wish I would have known about it before I got working on the other software.

Now we just have to get back some of the old users... there oughta be about 10 of us at minimum to get a seed started.

editor 01-17-2001 11:54 AM

Count me in!

Looks nice, Tony -- I like being able to simply scroll down a thread!

MaggieL 01-17-2001 12:02 PM

Hey people...t'is I; formerly JaniceL of the olden days, but once again returned to check out the new GUI-based Cellar. It's spiffy...and quite a bit nicer than joe.<p>
Boy, a lot sure has happened since way-back-when. I'm divorced from Bronwyn, and living with my lifepartner of three years in a house in Jeffersonville (between Trooper and Norristown). The second anniversary of my sex-reassignment surgery is coming up on the 28th. I'm a radio amateur now, and back in training for my instrument rating as a pilot.<p>
Strangely enough, it was flying that led me to The Cellar, since Scott was an instrument instructor pilot. That was th e beginnning of the longest and strangest chapter of my life. :-) <p>
It's wierd how shit happens, yanno?

adamzion 01-17-2001 01:07 PM

Well, I'll be!

Looks like the change may, indeed, have done us some good. Shall we publicize this somewhat?

Undertoad 01-17-2001 01:11 PM

Yeah, man, publicize away!

I tried to reach Mitch and Kyle Barger but my old addresses for them are no good. :(

failsafe 01-18-2001 12:20 AM

Hey All!

It's been MANY years since I posted on the Cellar, but I was around in the "ancient" days of the Cellar.

I have kept touch with Tony since and am surprised to see some of the same names I associate with the Cellar. Some things change a lot and not much at all at the same time!

MaggieL 01-18-2001 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by failsafe
Some things change a lot and not much at all at the same time!

Hey, I resemble that remark! :-)

mbpark 01-20-2001 12:49 PM

Hello, I am here :)

I have been through development and QA hell these last several days. However, I am here. And selling my amiga soon too, to boot :)

Mitch

dev 01-21-2001 04:15 PM

This is wonderful, Tony.

By the way, Happy belated new year to everyone!

adamzion 01-22-2001 03:43 PM

Re: Hello, I am here :)

Quote:

Originally posted by mbpark
I have been through development and QA hell these last several days. However, I am here. And selling my amiga soon too, to boot :)

Selling your Amiga? Is nothing sacred?

Shocked, I am,
Z

editor 01-22-2001 04:01 PM

Hey, if you can get engaged Mitch can sell his Amiga!

Rogue Winter 01-22-2001 05:16 PM

Hey, I still have *my* Amiga

Although one Powerbook and a Linux workstation later, all it really does is sit in the closet with a 1gig disk full of old textfiles and 8-bit games. :)