The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes and Stuff (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12106)

DanaC 05-02-2014 03:53 PM

Saw this in a comment posted under an article about Abortion. Fucking hell, Carlin is awesome.

Quote:

"They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked.

Conservatives don't give a shit about you until you reach "military age". Then they think you are just fine. Just what they've been looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers. Pro-life... pro-life... These people aren't pro-life, they're killing doctors! What kind of pro-life is that? What, they'll do anything they can to save a fetus but if it grows up to be a doctor they just might have to kill it'They're not pro-life. You know what they are? They're anti-woman. Simple as it gets, anti-woman. They don't like them. They don't like women.They believe a woman's primary role is to function as a brood mare for the state."

George Carlin

Gravdigr 05-05-2014 06:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 47586

Gravdigr 05-07-2014 04:05 PM

Tommy Lasorda, if it's on his mind, it's out his mouth. The guy don't pull his punches.

Case in point, speaking on the Donald Sterling/V. Stiviano situation:

Quote:

I’ve been a friend of that guy’s for 30 years. It doesn’t surprise me that he said those things. That doesn’t surprise me. And he shouldn’t have said it, and he just hurt himself by talking too much and doing things that he shouldn’t be doing.

And I don’t wish that girl any bad luck, but I hope she gets hit with a car.
~Tommy Lasorda, quoted by WPBF in West Palm Beach, Florida

xoxoxoBruce 05-07-2014 10:51 PM

Lasorda was a good friend of my father-in-law's. That's definitely him. :lol:

Gravdigr 05-10-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Stay up, pray up, and don’t give up till you go up!
~Cleo, commenter on the 'Frog in a Blender' whateverthehellitwas

Gravdigr 05-16-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

I believe I did use the 'N' word in reference to the current occupant of the Whitehouse. For this, I do not apologize — he meets and exceeds my criteria for such.
Robert Copeland, 82, in a recent e-mail to his fellow Wolfeboro, NH police commissioners

DanaC 05-16-2014 11:07 AM

I think that's disgraceful.

Gravdigr 05-16-2014 01:45 PM

Prolly not his finest moment.

DanaC 05-16-2014 01:58 PM

Also: I missed the condom one til just now. Ha!

Gravdigr 05-20-2014 05:35 PM

Mr. Copeland has resigned.

Gravdigr 06-10-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
~Goethe

Gravdigr 06-30-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Never trust a skinny cook.
Quote:

Could be worse, could be raining.
Quote:

...darker than the inside of a cow.
~Late Grandmadigr

Gravdigr 07-02-2014 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 48393

Gravdigr 08-04-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Take a chance, while you still got the choice.
~Bon Scott, lyric from 'Rock & Roll Damnation' by AC/DC

Gravdigr 09-29-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I will kill you all.
~Gen. James Mattis, USMC (Ret.)

Quote:

After the invasion of Iraq -and after sending his tanks and artillery home- Mattis sent this message to the Iraqi leaders in every area his men served in.
~Wikiquote quote