The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   HILLARY'S UGLY 'JOKE' (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16125)

classicman 12-06-2007 12:53 PM

HILLARY'S UGLY 'JOKE'

Quote:

December 6, 2007 -- It's enough to make your head explode - Team Clinton's astonishing press release about Barack Obama's grade- school essays.

Yep - grade school.

Countering an Obama jibe about a certain senator's "long-held plans" to run for president, Hillary's well-oiled opposition-research machine accessed its multi-terabyte database - accusing Obama of "rewriting history" by ignoring his own lingering interest in the White House.

The evidence?

A pair of essays he'd written - one back in 3rd grade and the other when he was even younger.

"In kindergarten," deadpanned the Clinton release, "Sen. Obama wrote an essay titled 'I want to Become President.' "

"So who's not telling the truth?" demanded Clinton campaign spokesman Phil Singer.
These guys are all nuts - Aren't there any normal people in politics? :headshake Or is that an oxymoron...

regular.joe 12-06-2007 01:06 PM

I'd run for president, but there is that time that I said the word "fuck" in public.

Killed it for me.

regular.joe 12-06-2007 01:06 PM

I don't say the word "fuck" anymore though.

ZenGum 12-06-2007 01:08 PM

So you think typing it doesn't count?

Too late, RJoe, you're unelectable. Might as well start swearing again.

classicman 12-06-2007 01:11 PM

Shit - Is that what ruined it for me too? I thought it was the posts I made in the Humor thread....

jinx 12-06-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regular.joe (Post 413803)
I'd run for president, but there is that time that I said the word "fuck" in public.

Killed it for me.

That's what did Ron Burgundy in too.
"Don't you know I'd never say fuck!? I'd never fucking say that!! Fuck!"

edit:
Pretty impressive sounding essay for a K-iddo btw.... I'd like to see it.

regular.joe 12-06-2007 04:03 PM

Wow!! Ron Burgundy and Me in the same post!!

People know me.

slang 12-07-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Killed it for me.

So...you could be vice pres instead. :biggrin:

TheMercenary 12-07-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Killed it for me.

I think it would be great if we had someone in office who would start to say it more often in public. If anyone will slip up with that word it will be Hillary.

ZenGum 12-07-2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 414190)
I think it would be great if we had someone in office who would start to say it more often in public. If anyone will slip up with that word it will be Hillary.

You know, I think I would quite like to see that - Hillary going all Pulp-Fictionesque and threatening to pop a mutha-f&%$#in cap in some mutha-&%$#er n#$%&rs ass ...

classicman 12-07-2007 11:22 AM

She is just about the last person I want to see in the White House. We need someone new fresh and different.

toranokaze 12-07-2007 01:32 PM

I bet they would gig him for wanting to be a cowboy too.

piercehawkeye45 12-07-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 414201)
She is just about the last person I want to see in the White House. We need someone new fresh and different.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, the only three candidates that would fit that category are Kucinich, Gravel, and Paul. Neither of them will have half a chance.

Ibby 12-07-2007 07:19 PM

Gravel scares me.

I think edwards is still the best candidate in the top-tier field for 'fresh and different'. He's much more pro-change than either of the other two democratic leaders. Hillary's too entrenched in the political world, and obama's the halfway point.
Hillary wants to keep the system mostly the same, but make it look different.
Obama wants to change the system but keep it intact, just tinker with it until it's better.
Edwards thinks the system's prettymuch FUBAR, and wants to completely rework it.

Torrere 12-07-2007 07:42 PM

Barack Obama was writing essays of national import when he was in kindergarten.

Damn!