The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What are you thankful for? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18826)

Chocolatl 11-26-2008 08:16 AM

What are you thankful for?

Those of us in the US are celebrating Thanksgiving this week -- a time usually spent with friends, family, and lots of good food. At some point during the week, I try to make a list of everything I'm thankful for that year. In the past, my list has included people (my husband, my brother, Neil Gaiman, the Beatles), weather (summer rain, autumn breezes), foods (Rice Krispy Treats, apple pie a la mode), concepts (modern medicine, failed relationships, laughter), and always the basics -- good health, food on the table, clothes on my back and a roof over my head.

What are you thankful for this year?

Shawnee123 11-26-2008 08:24 AM

My family (mom, dad, brothers, brothers' spouses, nieces and nephews.)

My new job.

The Cellar, and the folks I've met here. :D

Cicero 11-26-2008 09:33 AM

My bad doggy. No Osa! NOO!!

This Turkey as it is now, before I possibly ruin it.

My parents.

Now I have to say the cellar cuz Shawnee did.

Good friends.

Anyone that listens to my crap with any grace.

My job. (It isn't great but hey it gives me money and keeps me busy)

That about wraps it up....;)

Griff 11-26-2008 10:08 AM

Good Woman
Good Kids
Good Dog
Good Goats
Good Chickens
Good Home

smoothmoniker 11-26-2008 11:03 AM

I am thankful that I am healthy while my children are young.

The great joys of my life are lifting them up and throwing them in the air, wrestling around with them, going on walks with them, playing the in park.

classicman 11-26-2008 11:54 AM

Family, friends, health and wealth (not the monetary kind either)

glatt 11-26-2008 12:08 PM

Family, friends, health, comfort.

And I have a job. I'm not out there looking for employment in this market.

Aliantha 11-26-2008 01:18 PM

Can anyone post in this thread or is it Americo-centric? lol

Clodfobble 11-26-2008 01:20 PM

Yes, but you have to oppress and slaughter more of your natives first. And take back those reparations, and the parliament seats you gave them.

Aliantha 11-26-2008 01:22 PM

Well we wiped them out totally from one state. Surely that's pretty good stuff if you want dead natives (which of course I don't, but in the spirit of the comment...). We only have one federal member in parliament who is of aboriginal descent that I know of. That's not too many is it? What reparations? We gave them some land in the middle of nowhere and said sorry and some benefit from government payments.

Clodfobble 11-26-2008 01:24 PM

Okay, that's good enough I guess. You can be thankful for stuff now.

Aliantha 11-26-2008 01:29 PM

OK, well let me start off by saying that I'm thankful that my above statement while true in context, is only a small part of the picture, and that I am very hopeful for the future.

I'm also thankful for everything else in my life both good and bad. I can't imagine anything else I could possibly need. My life is grand. :)

Chocolatl 11-26-2008 02:08 PM

Ack! No, I didn't mean it to be American only. I was just trying to acknowledge that not everyone is celebrating at the time we are. Everyone is welcome to be thankful, here, regardless of how many natives you and/or your ancestors have killed, or where those natives were at the time. :rolleyes:

Juniper 11-26-2008 02:13 PM

I am thankful for YOU.

And you.

And you, too.

OK?

All youse! :D

lookout123 11-26-2008 02:46 PM

My wife and kids are healthy. I'm healthy enough to play with them and still have enough energy to waste on silly soccer games with my friends. Beyond that everything else is just fluff.