The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   RIAA phone number (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4068)

hot_pastrami 10-03-2003 05:29 PM

RIAA phone number

In case anybody wants to call the RIAA and complain or (cough) show support (cough) for their recent lawsuits and such, the RIAA can be reached at the following number:

(202) 775-0101

You might have a hard time getting through, their phone queues have been pretty full lately. This is despite their efforts to prevent their phone number from becoming public knowledge. Not sure where 202 area code is, but I think it's the District of Columbia.

elSicomoro 10-03-2003 05:35 PM

That area code is indeed for the District of Columbia.

Hmmm...their site isn't working.

elSicomoro 10-03-2003 05:37 PM

Okay, now it is. But they used to have their address and phone number on the site...I can't find it.

SteveDallas 10-03-2003 05:52 PM

hasn't their web site been hacked 38,173 times in the last few months?

hot_pastrami 10-03-2003 05:59 PM

For the record (ha!) I despise the RIAA and will not buy another CD from any of their member companiies until/unless the lawsuit bullshit is over. Even then, it depends on how much damage they did before they stopped. I have lots of music, I can stick with what I've got for now.

elSicomoro 10-03-2003 06:07 PM

Suit yourself...me not buy the new OutKast CD? Oh hell no!

greenian 10-28-2003 11:30 PM

no dollar of mine will ever get into their fat-cat pockets again. greedy little swine. I'll download all my music from now on, just to make a point.

insoluble 11-08-2003 03:14 AM

need anti RIAA shirt logo

I have an I dea for a shirt but can't come up with a good line for it - I want a picture of one of these rap stars with all the rolex, 20" rims, cadillac truck, diamond action and something like RIAA: its where the bling is (but better)

richlevy 11-08-2003 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by hot_pastrami
For the record (ha!) I despise the RIAA and will not buy another CD from any of their member companiies until/unless the lawsuit bullshit is over. Even then, it depends on how much damage they did before they stopped. I have lots of music, I can stick with what I've got for now.
%99 of the CDs I buy I buy used or directly from the artists at concerts. I'm part of the reason their sales are down %30 and none of it is due to piracy.

The only way they could make buying used CD's illegal is to buy a president who would stack the Supreme Court to revoke the 'first sale' doctrine which allows an individual to resell purchased copyrighted material.

And that could never happen here, right?

tonksy 11-08-2003 10:15 AM

Re: need anti RIAA shirt logo

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by insoluble
I have an I dea for a shirt but can't come up with a good line for it - I want a picture of one of these rap stars with all the rolex, 20" rims, cadillac truck, diamond action and something like RIAA: its where the bling is (but better)
www.tshirthell.com has a nifty little shirt....i'm too much of an addict to actually spend money on music :(

xoxoxoBruce 11-09-2003 09:09 AM

They'll get you for that.:eek: