The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   To kill the voices in your head ... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16968)

smoothmoniker 04-03-2008 02:09 AM

To kill the voices in your head ...

pop a Corona

take two swallows

fill the bottle back up with Tequila

drink it, smile, rinse, repeat, 1am party time!

Cicero 04-03-2008 02:30 AM

Yeppers! I happened to have some, to kill ya, as a last resort...No voices but mine own.
:)

Flint 04-03-2008 09:25 AM

People don't realize that you can use beer as a mixer, but it's true.

Now, beer + tequila? That's crazy! It will stop the voices, but replace them with the urge to punch things.

Sundae 04-03-2008 09:32 AM

Sounds like a recipe for disaster!
I'd be trying to track down all my exes by the second bottle

Shawnee123 04-03-2008 10:11 AM

Ummm, I love tequila. My theory is that most people who can't stand to be around it is because they were already drunk once when someone suggested doing shots of tequila. That's a sickness no one wants to revisit. I tend to sip and chase.

I don't drink tequila much any more. I did have one shot the other day (long story, but I had been to a particularly sad funeral, a young child, and thought a few beers and a shot might smooth me out...didn't work) but I stay away from it as a general rule.

I still believe though that "the Cuervo Gold, the fine Columbian, make tonight a wonderful thing..."

Flint 04-03-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 443487)
I still believe though that "the Cuervo Gold, the fine Columbian, make tonight a wonderful thing..."

That's a classic lyric; but in reality I have to have at least Sauza. . . . Cuervo is nasty swill for gringos.

Shawnee123 04-03-2008 10:20 AM

I won't drink any "lesser" tequila than CG, but good old Cuervo Gold is pretty tasty to me. If I don't go "whoooo" and shake my head like a cartoon character trying to re-inflate his skull after being hit with a large frying pan, I feel like I'm missing out. :lol:

Cicero 04-03-2008 12:42 PM

I'm a real gringa. Only Silver tequilas please. Last night: had a mixed drink of Herradura Silver and Lemonade.

The bad part: I can still feel it. Uuuugh. Adding beer is the last thing on the freakin' earth I think I needed to do (not that I did, just sayin it was bad enough). Oh jesus. Thinking about it gives me a headache.

LabRat 04-03-2008 01:06 PM

Tequila sneaks up on me. I'm sipping away on strawberry margaritas shooting the breeze with friends, and then all of a sudden, wham! I'm totally pissed. I prefer the nice slow building happy I get from vodka, so I can tell when/if I need to back off...gimme a martini anyday.

Flint 04-03-2008 01:15 PM

:::note to self:::

Trilby 04-03-2008 01:44 PM

Tequila begot my second son. No lie. We'd been drinking Bad Juans at a local joint and drank the place dry. nine months later---DANNY!! :D

Cloud 04-03-2008 02:46 PM

tequila.is.evil.

Cicero 04-03-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 443570)
tequila.is.evil.

See? I'm still trying to kill the voices in Clouders head!!
:D

Urbane Guerrilla 04-04-2008 10:25 PM

<after about one and a half>

"...Ghshnrbl wogga ham bam hic haec hoc 'scuse-me woozle hemipygian poor ol' Goe-bbels has no balls a-tall, uh, sm'rf Herblock Mauldin Miskatonic whiskey'n'tonic. H've you seen th' Oliphant?"

So that's what the voices sound like after this...!

Sundae 04-05-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 443554)
Tequila begot my second son. No lie. We'd been drinking Bad Juans at a local joint and drank the place dry. nine months later---DANNY!! :D

Hang on - is this the ginger or the football player (or the lovely chap I spoke to the other night?)
Whichever - you were blessed by the Tequila fairy ;)