The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Can ya spare some change mister? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16112)

lumberjim 03-16-2008 07:09 PM

ali, you want like....an online ledger? so you can see who gave what, and when?

Aliantha 03-16-2008 07:11 PM

No. Just trying to guilt some of the non contributors into getting involved. What else is this thread for?

I think we all know who you are.

Perry Winkle 03-16-2008 07:25 PM

Hand-to-mouth post-grad student here. If I get the highly paid [Deloitte|Accenture|PwC|foobar] consulting gig they're trying to aim me at after I finish, then I'll be able and willing to contribute a 50-gallon drum of high-quality beans :P

classicman 03-16-2008 09:56 PM

Sorry I was late. Not the best of months for me. :(

monster 03-16-2008 11:37 PM

Dudes, this site maybe USA-based, but it is very international. I would love it if we could try and adopt a more international philosophy about charitble donations. Don't "guilt people", just remind them the option is there. Don't explain yourself if you can't donate right now -there's no need, we love you regardless. It's actually better to tip big occasionally than a a small amount on a regular bais because there is a processing charge per transaction.

Just be yourself, and when something you read here touches you, remember that that post was sponsored by posters like you ;)

Aliantha 03-16-2008 11:46 PM

Well either people did feel guilty or they just noticed the reminder, but the tip jar is substantially fuller now than it was before.

I don't really care what motivates people, as long as they do what they know is right.

lumberjim 03-17-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 439214)
. It's actually better to tip big occasionally than a a small amount on a regular bais because there is a processing charge per transaction.

sez you. i set my credit union's bill payer feature to automatically mail a check from jinx and i every month. I don't know if it's big or small, but it never forgets. tony DOES have to get off his ass and go deposit them, however.

monster 03-17-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 439227)
sez you. i set my credit union's bill payer feature to automatically mail a check from jinx and i every month. I don't know if it's big or small, but it never forgets. tony DOES have to get off his ass and go deposit them, however.

checks is a hole diffrent kettle of fish. most peeps use paypal, howeverz.

monster 03-17-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 439227)

So here the chargw is Tony going to the bank. Better every month or less often if overall income is the same? ;)

xoxoxoBruce 03-22-2008 05:05 PM

The month of March, and the tip mug, seem to be running neck and neck. :eek:

xoxoxoBruce 03-27-2008 05:17 AM

Ooh, coming down to the wire. Will this month be the first failure?

Razzmatazz13 03-27-2008 11:00 AM

Oughta get a feature that when you mouse over the mug, it shows how much you need to fill it the rest of the way in one of those little popup mouse box thingies :D

TheMercenary 03-28-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razzmatazz13 (Post 441979)
Oughta get a feature that when you mouse over the mug, it shows how much you need to fill it the rest of the way in one of those little popup mouse box thingies :D

Or maybe it would show who has not contributed. :lol:

limey 03-28-2008 07:04 PM

bumpity

classicman 03-29-2008 12:42 AM

Please someone do it! I would, but I'm still paying for the divorce - C'mon peeps - someone kick it in!

please?