The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Products I wholeheartedly endorse (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16635)

Cicero 02-16-2008 04:56 PM

http://www.mrsmeyers.com/

This stuff is absolutely awesome to clean your house with. I was really quite afraid that the stuff was going to be hippy-like and not have the moxy to clean powerfully. I was so wrong....The toilet bowl cleaner worked like none other.....

Mrs. Meyers clean day products.....Awesome. The other name brand products were good, and cleaned effectively, but this stuff is better on the environment and leaves everything with a nice smell rather than toxic fumes.

Cloud 02-16-2008 05:00 PM

I use that stuff!

DanaC 02-16-2008 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cillit Bang! Bang! and the dirt is gone...

That advert pissed me off so much (I hate when adverts shout at me) that I avoided trying the product for about three years. I have now tried it and it is ridiculousky effective stuff. Like...when they show on the advert someone spraying the Cillit Bang (!!!) onto a greasy cooker hob, thick and blackened and never gone come clean again, no how....and then after ten seconds the hand appears with a sponge and just totally wipes away the black grease with no scrubbing.....that actually happens with Cillit Bang (!!!).

SteveDallas 02-16-2008 06:27 PM

Is there some UK pronunciation of "Cillit" that's not immediately apparent to us Yanks?

DanaC 02-16-2008 06:33 PM

Sill it
But in the advert the emphasis is on the Bang!!!
It features a man shouting a lot....Cillit Bang!!!! AND THE DIRT IS GONE!
Most annoying.

classicman 02-16-2008 06:48 PM

anyone thinkin' what I'm thinkin'???? (If so, there should be a clone thread already.

Clodfobble 02-16-2008 09:41 PM

Ooooh, cleaning products.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Not for general cleaning so much as marks, stains, anything that "won't" come off. It took black marker off a wall, crayon off a linoleum floor, and 5 years of gray gunk off patio furniture, all of which had been previously scrubbed senseless with a variety of cleaning products.

As with so many other things, the ads made it look gimmicky, and it wasn't until a woman I know demonstrated it for me--because she carries one in her purse at all times simply for the purpose of convincing other people how amazing it is--that I really understood.

Elspode 02-16-2008 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This stuff is excellent. Not as slimy as KY, persistent enough to make things easier until it really isn't needed anymore.

lumberjim 02-16-2008 09:49 PM

[hank]price check on vagiclean. better hurry.[/hank]

Aliantha 02-16-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 432706)
Cillit Bang! Bang! and the dirt is gone...

That advert pissed me off so much (I hate when adverts shout at me) that I avoided trying the product for about three years. I have now tried it and it is ridiculousky effective stuff. Like...when they show on the advert someone spraying the Cillit Bang (!!!) onto a greasy cooker hob, thick and blackened and never gone come clean again, no how....and then after ten seconds the hand appears with a sponge and just totally wipes away the black grease with no scrubbing.....that actually happens with Cillit Bang (!!!).

We have a rang of cleaning products over here called 'easy off bam' and the emphasis is on the 'bam'. I suspect it's the same company but different name maybe. It's pretty good stuff.

Cloud 02-16-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 432748)
Ooooh, cleaning products.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. . . . the ads made it look gimmicky, and it wasn't until a woman I know demonstrated it for me--because she carries one in her purse at all times simply for the purpose of convincing other people how amazing it is--that I really understood.

you sure that wasn't a commercial, LOL! Seriously, you're right. That stuff is great.

JuancoRocks 02-17-2008 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 432717)
anyone thinkin' what I'm thinkin'???? (If so, there should be a clone thread already.

:D

Mitch Fatel voice on:"Most guys don;t know what to do with it. They start banging on it and yelling at it and twisting it"

Trilby 02-17-2008 09:36 AM

O P I nailpolish

Aveeno moisturizers and cleansers

Dansko clogs

SteveDallas 02-17-2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 432717)

That's kind of why I asked. :angel:

Cloud 02-17-2008 11:15 AM

I love my little electric garlic roaster! Silly gadget, but works so well, and the garlic is sooo yummy!