The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Dwellar real world interaction (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17782)

lookout123 07-25-2008 06:34 PM

Dwellar real world interaction

I just had a conversation with someone and found myself thinking about this. How many dwellars do you/could you interact with outside of the cellar?

Sundae 07-25-2008 06:45 PM

... but then I asked for them, so it's cheating.

I've spoken to some Dwellars as a one-off. And some I am in more regular contact with.

I'm not great at keeping in touch, so here in the Cellar is by far the best place for me to keep up with people. It's just nice to make a call, get a card or send a letter occasionally.

Undertoad 07-25-2008 08:16 PM

I'm a dedicated anti-social, but I believe I would like to have a beer with any and all of you, except radar.

lumberjim 07-25-2008 09:20 PM

i've misvoted. should have been 8+

I'm not a regular phone caller though. i never go over my minutes. ever.

skysidhe 07-25-2008 09:31 PM

I am not a good phone person because I usually do the listening but as far as meeting people I say 99%.
Although I have only ever met one online person and he was exactly how he presented himself gives me some confidence however only Bri,SG,U.T and Dana C are the only ones who give me a good sense of who they really are I think they would be just as they present themselves too. Somepeople are just good at letting their light shine through but think most everyone would be just as nice to meet in real life.

( no the 1% isn't anyone who is on here regularly )

Flint 07-25-2008 10:15 PM

There's a few of you I'd like to contact with a knuckle sandwich; a few of you I'd like to contact with my bell-end; and the rest of you will be automagically replied by my OoO assistant. . . . Just kidding, of course. Let's get shitfaced and embarass ourselves.

zippyt 07-25-2008 10:51 PM

I have met 2 , was suposed to meet 2 more , and will Meet 2 others soon
, I would have a Beer with most All of the celler

NoBoxes 07-26-2008 04:45 AM

I don't even have my own phone number: it's classified "BOTTOM SECRET."

However, if you can find Tonchi, you can indirectly find me.

Aliantha 07-26-2008 04:56 AM

I'd meet anyone at least once. I'm sure that as in all other relationships, there's some I'd hit it off with more than others.

There really isn't anyone I'd refuse to meet.

sweetwater 07-26-2008 08:34 AM

For all I know, I may be interacting with Cellar Dwellers all the time but we don't recognize each other. So hai! :D A subset of contacts from another community met at a neutral location (rented beach house) and it was almost all good. I would expect the same experience from the Cellar, although I was lurking for a while so I probably know you better than you know me.

Cicero 07-26-2008 08:42 AM

I was glad to meet Cloud in person. She's a cool chick. From what I could tell...Some people I know for a fact that I would not get along with but would try anyway. (for a beer or two, and a beer or 6 if it was too painful) And a couple of you would probably get what you have been asking for. Well, one of you.

xoxoxoBruce 07-26-2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetwater (Post 471577)
.... although I was lurking for a while so I probably know you better than you know me.

Looking at your dossier, with all the history and pictures, I'm not so sure.;)

btw, I love that mole.

DanaC 07-26-2008 10:12 AM

@ sky: can't speak for the rest of that little list, but I can say Sundae is pretty much how you'd expect her to be. Funny, charming, easy company with occasional glimpses of a razor-sharp mind.

Sundae 07-26-2008 11:14 AM

And just to complete the mutual appreciation set - depending on what posts you read, Dana is more chilled out than you might expect. I agree with 95% of her politics, so it was never going to be an area of confllict, but her strongly held beliefs probably come up far more on here than they ever would on a normal night out.

For the record, I'm pretty sure most Dwellars are exactly as they present themselves. As Cic says, I reckon I'd get along with most of them at least for the duration of a drink. I think I could at least manage dinner with you Sky :)

DanaC 07-26-2008 12:12 PM

I honestly cannot think of a single dwellar that I wouldn't be interested in meeting at least once.

As an old friend used to say: try anything once; twice if you like it.

(for the record, Tom was like a much shorter and much camper looking version of Sheldon)