The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

monster 08-01-2007 09:24 PM

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh

elSicomoro 08-02-2007 12:50 AM

Not really upset by this...just annoyed: April and I have to go to this "Marriage Encounter" weekend next weekend. The following week, we have to go to a natural family planning seminar...stupid shit that has to be done so that we can get married in a Catholic church.

Good thing that she's my soulmate, because I don't go through this kind of shit for just anyone. :)

fargon 08-02-2007 01:13 AM

I finally found out who has been sabotaging my stuff. It is a guy that I thought was one of the good guys. I am heart broken, and it all stems from his belief that I have things to easy. I can not confront him about this because I would go to jail for beating him up, even I can take out a drunk. It all started when I got my last upgrade, and I bought my big black Ram. He wanted to teach me about life I am 10 years older than him, and I have experienced pain, homelessness, 27 surgery's, and a host of other indignities. I hope he is happy that he was able to run me off so easily.

The transmission in my truck is toast, and will cost me $1100.00 to replace it. It is going away next week to the recyclers.

In the last 8 months I have lost $10,000.00 to this kids bullshit, I just can't take it any more.

limey 08-02-2007 01:32 AM

Oh shit, fargon. Is there no way you can prove it, and get the money back off him?

fargon 08-02-2007 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 370679)
Oh shit, fargon. Is there no way you can prove it, and get the money back off him?

The evidence is purely circumstantial, I have nothing I can go to court with.

jester 08-02-2007 12:01 PM

I've been hurt - that's cool - I can hide it - that's one thing I'm good at.

Griff 08-02-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 370670)
Good thing that she's my soulmate, because I don't go through this kind of shit for just anyone. :)

We actually had a good experience with all that stuff. You know what the Church's line will be, but a lot of it is making sure you and the Mrs. can be on the same page as each other.

Shawnee123 08-02-2007 12:13 PM

I don't know. Something is bothering me today. I can't concentrate. I guess I'm just feeling out of sorts, lonely, out of place, silly. It'll pass.

Uisge Beatha 08-02-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jester
I've been hurt - that's cool - I can hide it - that's one thing I'm good at.

What happened, jester? You do know you don't have to hide anything here. I don't want to be nosy, I'm just concerned.

Uisge Beatha 08-02-2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123
I don't know. Something is bothering me today. I can't concentrate. I guess I'm just feeling out of sorts, lonely, out of place, silly. It'll pass.

You know we're here to do what we can about the lonely part, and you'll never be out of place here, either. As for the rest, Shawnee, I hope it will pass soon.

Cicero 08-02-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 370805)

I feel that way sometimes. I think it was Monday that that happened to me. Here's a random joke that is only meant to cheer you up and not piss anyone off: (I love vets)

Heard this one?
How many vietnam vets does it take to screw in a light bulb?..................................................................

:mad2: YOU DON'T KNOW YOU WEREN'T THERE!!!!!:mad2:

:D
And remember: what doesn't kill you makes you stranger.

Shawnee123 08-02-2007 12:32 PM

Thanks both of you! :)

That is a great joke. My Vietnam Vet buddy will enjoy it!

I just noticed it was stranger and not stronger. :lol:

elSicomoro 08-02-2007 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 370800)
We actually had a good experience with all that stuff. You know what the Church's line will be, but a lot of it is making sure you and the Mrs. can be on the same page as each other.

Oh I know...and I can appreciate it. It just seems a bit much.

DanaC 08-02-2007 05:19 PM

My eczema has flared up again and I am climbing the walls trying not to tear myself to pieces. It'll pass.

How many Communists does it take to change a lightbulb?.................

Can't change the lightbulb, comrade, you have to smash it.

Ibby 08-02-2007 05:38 PM

How many bassists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Three - one to change it and two to keep the guitarist from stealing the show.