The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   There's lumberthing I want to tell you (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29093)

lumberjim 07-21-2013 10:09 PM

I don't get any lines in this one, but I'm posting this because of how funny Carmen("Whoa!") is. His last name is Pizzo, but Ken paged him as "Carmen Pizza" one night, and it took. This is his first job selling cars, and I think he's been with us for a little over a year. He's a natural at selling because he's likable. He also cares about enough doing a good job to do his paperwork properly. He learns from his mistakes, which is actually kind of rare in this business. With some of these guys its like everyday is their first day.

He will be a manager one day I'm sure.

The bald prick that walks through Jamie's scene (near the end. .. long Brown hair), oblivious to us shooting A FUCKING COMMERCIAL, is the guy that is constantly taking customers after we close, and keeping everyone there two or three hours past closing. we closed at 6 Saturday.... I got out at 8:45. He could give a rats ass about how you feel about him. but he is also very successful. he just needs a high five... in the face ...with a chair.

I spend more time with that asshole than I do with my kids. That's pretty fucked up, right there.

Sundae 07-22-2013 05:03 AM

I want a Nissan Juke.
This is obviously because you have been subliminally advertising it to me just by working in a place with my name on it.

jimhelm 07-25-2013 12:31 PM

I'm going to be on a billboard. Group shot of was taken Tuesday morning. should look kind of like the group poses in the tv commercials... I'll be in the back peeking over the shorter folks.

I'll take a picture or maybe a video of a drive-by when it goes up. No idea how long that will take to get put up. I'm gonna get the picture on a T Shirt, though...ya know...if you guys want to buy a couple for your friends and family...(Christmas is right around the corner!!)... ;)

BigV 07-25-2013 12:47 PM

that sounds swell, jimbo.

What about the bike??

jimhelm 07-25-2013 12:58 PM

The Royal Star still lives in the showroom at present. Wanna buy it? I'll get you a good deal.

I actually rode a Road Star yesterday.... every other bike I ride just seems to make me like mine more. fuck it. I'm keeping mine.

BigV 07-25-2013 06:46 PM

heheheheh... would you deliver it, personally? cause that would be cool.

but seriously, no thanks. I don't really have a spot in my life right now for that bike, though it is very pretty.

I'm delighted to hear you report you're getting repeated reinforcement of your choice about your bike, that's great man. be safe and have fun.

jimhelm 07-27-2013 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This might be the shot on the billboard:

Attachment 44976

he took about 20 shots though.... so I'm not sure. this is on our facebook page though..... so maybe. I'm doing my Giant Pose.

Sundae 07-27-2013 10:34 AM

Crop the others out and hell, yeah, I'd wear that t-shirt!

Griff 07-27-2013 01:15 PM

Somebody call the Navy? Cuz Jim showed with the big damn guns.

ZenGum 07-27-2013 07:17 PM

Is that Black dude photoshopped in? ;)

lumberjim 07-31-2013 07:20 AM

Quinn Faddler is the name of the mother fucker that broke into my Jeep last February. A detective called and said that they got a DNA match from the blood left on my driver's seat. I may be called to testify. Gladly.

Clodfobble 07-31-2013 07:29 AM

Badass. They almost never catch the guys in low-level robberies like that. I hope he fries for it! ;)

lumberjim 08-02-2013 09:37 AM

I probably won't actually testify in person. It cost me $200 for the window, and the bag he stole had nothing I've missed inside. ... I don't need some miscreant with a vendetta out there if he beats the wrap. .. or gets out in 6 months.

footfootfoot 08-02-2013 11:38 AM

This where sharia law comes in helpful, they'd cut off his hands. Except then the taxpayers would have to foot the bill for prosthetic hands. That's why sharia law won't work here.

Lamplighter 08-02-2013 12:46 PM

Of course, the "3 strikes-and-you're -a-lifer" works the same way.

I'd be suspicious that the detective is doing all this DNA -testing
and follow up just to close LJ's car -break-in case, when a 3rd
conviction can put the guy away forever.

Then the costs go on for a lifetime.

jimhelm 08-15-2013 04:44 PM

This was just shot Monday Morning....

xoxoxoBruce 08-15-2013 06:56 PM

That's the line of Giant Bottoms?

zippyt 08-15-2013 07:41 PM

Dude you should Totaly do a techno Viking thing for them !!!

Sundae 08-16-2013 02:14 AM

Great, Cherry's Giant Bottom is now on the internet.

Sundae 08-25-2013 03:50 PM

I spent last night in the arms of a girl in Louisiana .
And though I'm out on the highway, my thoughts are still with her.

Just wanted to let y'all know.

lumberjim 08-28-2013 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My ice cubes are now cube shaped.
Attachment 45289
And I feel just a tiny bit better about the world as it is.

Also, I can now deposit cheques into my TD Bank acct from my smart phone. They have an app for that.
You prep the cheque just like you would at the teller, but then you just open the app, which loads your camera,.... take pics as prompted, fill the fields on the next screen, agree to take it in the dupa if you are fucking around. Then you submit it, write deposited on the cheque, and retain it until it clears.

I also took a screen shot of the confirmation for my own records.

Undertoad 08-28-2013 10:31 PM

Whoa that is a pretty amazing app function!

jimhelm 09-17-2013 01:30 PM

just had to fire a guy I like.

that's a bummer.

nice guy, great dry sense of humor. terrrrrible salesman. closed 10% last month. we called him Eyore, and he fit it. his glass is mostly empty, and probably poisoned. He'll be better off doing something non commission, but it still sucks to change someone's life like that.

glatt 09-17-2013 03:03 PM

Sorry Jim. That sucks.

Fortunately, I don't have to fire anyone in my job. But my boss talks to me about who she plans to fire, so I get to walk around acting all normal to these people, most of whom I actually like, for the couple weeks or month or whatever that it takes for it to happen.

One guy has been spiraling downhill with personal problems (probably drug related) and he's not able to fool anyone anymore. His days are numbered, and I think he knows on some level, but it still sucks. He used to be pretty good, and he's likeable. But it's been over a year of steady decline.

I'd love to pull him aside and just warn him to jump to another firm, but I can't do that. He worries me more than most. I don't know how he'll land if he's fired.

lumberjim 09-17-2013 04:07 PM

Shame when you can see that coming. People fool themselves more easily than their bosses.

Clodfobble 09-17-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
But my boss talks to me about who she plans to fire, so I get to walk around acting all normal to these people, most of whom I actually like, for the couple weeks or month or whatever that it takes for it to happen.

Oh man... there was a time where our department was told we had to lay one person off due to budget cuts. Our boss called the three of us in and told us in confidence that the fourth guy in the department was getting laid off next week. Someone was going to have to take over his game, so it was semi-legitimate for him to warn us in advance, but it sucked SO hard to have to work with this guy for the next week knowing the axe was going to fall through no fault of his own.

And THEN, the very morning he was supposed to be laid off, some random person in another department quit. That freed up the money, and our boss called us in again to let us know that nevermind, the plan was off, and we should just never, ever mention this whole episode to the fourth guy.

footfootfoot 09-19-2013 06:15 AM

"Susan, I don't know how to say this but I either have to lay you or Jack off."

"Well, you're just going to have to jack off because I've
Got a splitting headache."

footfootfoot 09-19-2013 06:15 AM

I don't know why there's a paragraph return there

BigV 09-19-2013 04:03 PM

perhaps the jacking motion caused an involuntary humerus interruptus.

Spexxvet 09-20-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 876289)
just had to fire a guy I like.

that's a bummer.

nice guy, great dry sense of humor. terrrrrible salesman. closed 10% last month. we called him Eyore, and he fit it. his glass is mostly empty, and probably poisoned. He'll be better off doing something non commission, but it still sucks to change someone's life like that.

Sounds like you didn't fire him so much as push him out of the nest so that he can find his true calling. Tough love.

lumberjim 09-20-2013 10:14 AM

Yeah. .. he knew it was coming, apparently. The other salesmen said his blow out box had been packed for 2 weeks.

lumberjim 10-10-2013 01:32 PM

you'll notice that I am NOT in this ad....

Sundae 10-11-2013 04:05 AM

Bye-bye Colonel, bye-bye.

Clodfobble 10-11-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim
you'll notice that I am NOT in this ad....

Is that because you've decided to move behind the camera, do some directing, maybe produce a little here and there? I see big things for you in this town, kid. You could be the next Steve Spielberg of car commercials!

lumberjim 10-11-2013 09:27 AM

No its because that was so Corny, my agent wouldn't let me do it.

lumberjim 01-06-2014 09:55 PM

http://imgur.com/hXT8Gak

epic table

Griff 01-07-2014 04:59 AM

I love that!

glatt 01-07-2014 08:04 AM

wow!

lumberjim 01-07-2014 08:46 AM

I really want that.

I couldn't get the gif to load right on my phone...
http://i.imgur.com/hXT8Gak.gif

This animation makes it look like it's automatic, but it might be a HUGE pain in the ass to open and close... I just don't know.

glatt 01-07-2014 08:58 AM

I wonder if it's motorized or if it's stop motion animation. It's got to be really complicated underneath.

Undertoad 01-07-2014 08:59 AM

At the start the cracks are seamless, but at the end the cracks look too wide.

glatt 01-07-2014 09:19 AM

And what happens when people sit at it and lean their elbows on it? Does it move at all?

The mechanism underneath is critical. But I don't know how it needs to be.

xoxoxoBruce 01-07-2014 09:24 AM

It's operated manually by turning, down pressure won't cause movement. It's a one off and if memory serves me right, they charged something like $60,000 for it.

infinite monkey 01-07-2014 09:27 AM

Check it out:

foot, glatt, griff, bigV, bruce...all you handy dandies can get together and can build us one:

glatt 01-07-2014 09:30 AM

IM, you rock!

Griff 01-07-2014 09:37 AM

That looks like a job for f³. I prefer stylish butchery to tight tolerances.

lumberjim 01-07-2014 10:51 AM

One day, when I'm rich.... Ima get me one of them thar tables.

JBKlyde 01-07-2014 10:52 AM

there free

BigV 01-07-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 888509)
That looks like a job for f³. I prefer stylish butchery to tight tolerances.

my brother. I'm more of a framer than a finish carpenter. Except when it comes to framing, then I'm more of a lumberjack than a framer. On the upside, I can still count to ten without someone else taking off my boots.

stunning work on the table.

BigV 01-07-2014 11:29 AM

thanks im for the great post on the videos.

BESPOKE indeed.

Griff 01-07-2014 11:31 AM

Yeah, I can appreciate but will not emulate.

Gravdigr 01-07-2014 02:00 PM

Want. Will not have.

glatt 01-07-2014 02:03 PM

I'd have to build an addition on the dining room before I would be able to build the table. Not enough room.

Or we could turn the living room into our dining room.

Griff 01-07-2014 02:54 PM

Or live under the table.

lumberjim 01-07-2014 04:55 PM

how about I slap your shit?

Griff 01-07-2014 06:45 PM

:D

BigV 01-07-2014 08:27 PM

catchy!

lumberjim 01-30-2014 05:01 PM

I settled with my soon to be ex yesterday. things will get slightly better for me financially and she has what she needs to keep the kids in their school, and have some security in case I carc it. things kind of shook out how i expected, so i don't feel wronged. It must have aligned with her plans as well, because it's agreed. now we just wait a few weeks for the final decree to be created, and we can officially be single.
We spent 3 hours at the conference,... maybe 1/4 of that in the same room as each other, and at no time did she even look in my direction. Part of me thinks she does that because she know it fucks with my head... but then i remember how she is with stressful situations. avoid, avert, escape. no eye contact means i wont speak to her. works pretty well, i guess. I was afraid to say anything to her. she looked like a stranger to me.

Griff 01-30-2014 06:52 PM

Time to put that in the rear view.

Clodfobble 01-30-2014 08:29 PM

This stuff always sucks, but at least it was agreeable in the end. So often it has to be laid out in every detail by the judge, because there is no hope of agreement on anything. You did the best you could, and that's all anyone can ask of you.