The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Please help me find... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=15225)

LabRat 08-29-2007 09:05 AM

Please help me find...

1 Attachment(s)
This is a Cellar APB*. I am almost out of my favorite tea, Thiele Tee Broken Silber I recieved it as a gift, and can't find it locally. Google searching gave me a bunch of sites that weren't in English. The site I linked I'm nervous about ordering from, because I don't know what shipping etc. would be since I don't speak german. 9,66 Euros (500g) is about $13 US. I am hoping someone out there can help me out. When you tea drinkers are out at your favorite tea houses, if you see it let me know. I'd like to have you get me some and I'll pay you back or send you something that I can get here you can't get in trade.

Thanks A LOT!!

Also, this thread can e continued for anyone looking for something they can't get locally.

*Adorable Pleaing Beggar

Shawnee123 08-29-2007 09:23 AM

I thought Google had a way to translate webpages, but I can't find it. Anyone? Or, maybe if you sent an email to the email on the webpage, someone will translate English for you and let you order?

wolf 08-29-2007 10:25 AM

It's 9.66 euros from the manufacturer's site , but I can't find anything saying whether they'll ship to the U.S.

Where did you get it originally?

LabRat 08-29-2007 10:53 AM

Yeah, that's the site I was referring to. (name is the link)

It was a gift from my MIL, and the shop she bought it at is no longer in business. I've looked around here, but no luck. That's when I went to the internets. Since that failed me, I figured I'd try the Cellar. If no one here can help me, I guess I'll be taking a little trip across a big pond...or finding a new favorite.

dar512 08-29-2007 11:13 AM

I did find one little news/pr piece here. From there I got the impression that it's pretty much a German local thing. If you really gotta have it, I recommend you email them or call them (an early morning call should do it). Most European businesses have someone around who can speak English.

0 49 21 / 2 51 84
e-mail: ThieleTee@t-online.de

LabRat 08-29-2007 11:34 AM

Yeah, I found that too, thanks dar. It was the only thing in English. Since I doubt Gremany is in my local calling plan, I guess I'll try the email route. Please still keep an eye out...danke sehr

lumberjim 08-29-2007 11:35 AM

here it is

LabRat 08-29-2007 12:07 PM

Damn. Left my mirror at home today.

glatt 08-29-2007 12:13 PM

Reminds me of my search in vain for a place that sells the best olive oil I've ever tasted. It's freaking amazing. I never in my life thought I would describe olive oil that way, but this stuff is so good, you would be tempted to drink it.

http://www.pasquinoni.com/foto/arimolio_g.jpg

This website sells the oil, but doesn't export it to the US.

limey 08-29-2007 04:23 PM

So is this a business opportunity for a European resident dwellar?

LabRat 08-29-2007 04:28 PM

I'd intended to pay a bit over actual costs for your time and trouble, if you can get the goods...but it's not likely going to be enough to make payments on a summer cottage :).

SteveDallas 08-29-2007 09:48 PM

Why don't you email them and ask where you might get some? It doesn't look like they're set up for direct US sales... if I'm reading their ordering page correctly they're only taking bank transfers and direct debit.

If all else fails I may have a colleague spending some time in Germany this semester.

nowhereman 08-30-2007 07:17 AM

Try Altavista's Babelfish - it's a translation site. Just put in the URL of the page you want translated. Seems to work quite well, although the syntax can get a bit wonky.

limey 08-30-2007 05:47 PM

I recently bought a DVD for Best Beloved from Germany and it was a bit of a sturggle. They don't really feel comfy with credit cards in Germany.
Your best bet is to email them and ask about stockists in the US ... failing that, I have friends in Germany who helped me to solve the problem of the DVD ....

LabRat 10-03-2007 12:43 PM

Bump for limey :)

Thanks!!