The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Secret Santa (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23705)

Tulip 10-09-2010 12:49 AM

Secret Santa

Are we gonna do one this year???!!??? I was just wondering cuz all the Christmas things out in the store is making me excited. :D

zippyt 10-09-2010 01:58 AM

im in !!!!!!!!

casimendocina 10-09-2010 02:02 AM

I tripped over some Christmas decorations in the post office this morning and thought it was a bit early.

Very bah humbuggy of me. I'm thinking here of the line in "About a Boy" where the main character is wandering through a supermarket and Christmas music starts playing and he says: "November, the sodding 19th"...and he laments the fact that gearing up for xmas starts earlier every year. Having said that, getting pressies for people is always fun so why not.

limey 10-09-2010 02:27 AM

I'm in!

Aliantha 10-09-2010 05:10 AM

I'll be counted out. After the shabby reception I got last year for the gift I sent, after having to repost my gift because my recipient gave me the wrong address in the first place, I have a sour taste in my mouth.

morethanpretty 10-09-2010 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 687387)
I'll be counted out. After the shabby reception I got last year for the gift I sent, after having to repost my gift because my recipient gave me the wrong address in the first place, I have a sour taste in my mouth.

There was no reason to dredge up old grudges.

I'm a bit on shaky ground financially, but I would love to be involved. I just won't be able to afford the post overseas so I'll have to request to be kept in the North American pool only. :(
Sorry friends across the pond.

monster 10-09-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Evidently, seeing as that was the year before.

Clodfobble 10-09-2010 07:39 AM

I loves me some Christmas. Count me in!

BrianR 10-09-2010 10:24 AM

I groaned aloud when I walked into Lowe's yesterday and saw the Christmas stuff out and ready. Earlier than usual. But the first Christmas tree place opened like a week ago. I think they are gearing up for Xmas 2011 this year.

That rant aside...sign me up this year. Things have improved greatly this year and I'm feeling uncharacteristically jolly.

xoxoxoBruce 10-09-2010 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)

classicman 10-09-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

no better way to end that feeling than a successful outcome after another try. C'mon Ali share the love ;)

I'm in...

fargon 10-09-2010 01:13 PM

Count us in.

Aliantha 10-09-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty (Post 687393)
There was no reason to dredge up old grudges.

No. you're right. It was poor form.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 687398)
Evidently, seeing as that was the year before.

Really? Oh well, the last couple of years have been a bit of a blur for me. It is true that I was bitterly disappointed at the time though. One of my most depressing gift giving experiences.

I'll still pass though. I've decided it's too expensive to participate.

monster 10-09-2010 08:18 PM

...because you refused to stick to the expenditure guidelines. They were there for a reason but you had to find out for yourself. You made your own bed, now lie in it. And hush now, because it's after lights-out, and the grown-ups want to talk.

Tulip 10-09-2010 09:27 PM

Wow, we've got nine interested so far. Let's wait a bit to see how much more interested and see who'd be willing to organize it. :p: