The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What DVD's are we Watching? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9293)

capnhowdy 02-03-2011 05:28 AM

RED: Bruce Willis is unbelievable in this film, as is Morgan Freeman. Richard Dreyfuss is also resurrected in a small part. I recommend it highly.

SAW VII: A little gory, but as usual very gripping.I don't think it's the last one, though.

SALT: Angelina Jolie is great and the film is chock full of twists. All in all a good flick.

wolf 02-03-2011 11:25 AM

Bones Season 5. It was slow enough at the nuthouse to watch a couple episodes last night.

Beest 02-03-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnhowdy (Post 709430)
RED: Bruce Willis is unbelievable in this film, as is Morgan Freeman. Richard Dreyfuss is also resurrected in a small part. I recommend it highly.

I rated the whole thing as watchable and fun,
Morgan Freeman was freewheeling and we rated as a supporting role, also Ernest Borgnine and Richard Dreyfuss, pretty big names for small roles.

Helen Mirren just wanted to be shown with guns NTTAWWT. (according to IMDB Meryl Streep was originally offered the role, that would have been great)

John Malkovich did a good job as a nutter, really the co-star we thought.

monster 02-03-2011 01:21 PM

Helen Mirren was truly awful

BigV 02-03-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beest (Post 709515)
Morgan Freeman was freewheeling and we rated as a supporting role, also Ernest Borgnine and Richard Dreyfuss, pretty big names for small roles.

Helen Mirren just wanted to be shown with guns NTTAWWT. (according to IMDB Meryl Streep was originally offered the role, that would have been great)

Actually caught this in the local last run theater and completely enjoyed it. Four stars!

crossfire3636 02-03-2011 02:57 PM

Buried, awesome thriller

capnhowdy 02-03-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beest (Post 709515)

I forgot to include old Malkie. Best nutcase player evah.

Beest 02-04-2011 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnhowdy (Post 709627)

Gary Busey, just sayin, though that's not acting so much.

wolf 02-04-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnhowdy (Post 709627)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beest (Post 709708)
Gary Busey, just sayin, though that's not acting so much.

I think you can say the same for Malkovitch.

capnhowdy 02-04-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 709776)
I think you can say the same for Malkovitch.

Agreed.

Knight and Day: I loved it. That is all. Cruise at his best.:cool:

wolf 02-06-2011 09:51 AM

The Wolfman
Glad I didn't waste money on it in the theater. The twist was just plain stupid. I wish they'd just stuck with the basic story. Did think Benecio del Toro looked a lot like Lon Chaney, Jr., which was kind of cool nod to the original. And besides, it had Hugo Weaving in it.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
not bad, and I got to drool over Liev Schrieber for a bit. Can't put my finger on exactly why, but I do likes the Liev.

Pete Zicato 02-10-2011 02:10 PM

Mrs. Z and I watched Salt last night. It's an ok thriller.

I did find myself saying over and over, "Only in a movie." That's my standard outburst when impossible shit happens in movies.

The other thing I found myself repeating was, "Holy shit. Angelina Jolie is anorexic."

There were a number of scenes where AJ looked like a stick figure. I found it distracting.

Pooka 02-10-2011 03:34 PM

The working cut of The Dust Devil. It was better than I remember. Flint fell asleep though... not sure what that says about my taste in movies.

Gravdigr 02-12-2011 02:47 PM

"Bitchslap": Absolute must see.

Quote:

Mom (to seven yo daughter):"How's your Sno-Cone, sweetie?"
Seven yo Daughter:"It tastes like salty balls."
:lol2:

Sundae 02-12-2011 03:01 PM

Brokeback Mountain

It was on TV the other night, but I only caught it 30 minutes in.
So I Sky+'d it anyway, but had the real sensation I 'd missed out and gave up on it within 10 minutes.

So I went to CEX - the place I sold many of my precious box sets when I was drinking.
As it's an older film, widely distributed they had it for £2.99. That'll do I thought.

Wow. More ex-y sexy than I thought. More emotional than I thought. And more realistic at the end. Major life events happen off screen and don't have cannons and fireworks and signal flares. And they hurt far more than buggery,

I cried spoons (being realistic - that's a lot).
Will watch again as a bittersweet treat like Manon des Sources, Muriel's Wedding etc