The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hall of Fame (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9064)

Shawnee123 12-11-2006 10:09 AM

You know, it seems though you might prefer that people dis you. I have nothing against you, either.

Sometimes jokes are just jokes.

glatt 12-11-2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV
But as a wiser poster than me once said, "You can't steer at thread, you can only launch it and watch it drift." I accept that. *sigh*

can you post a link to where that was said? It's Hall of Fame material.

Shawnee123 12-11-2006 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV
On a personal note, I do find the actual nattering back and forth in this thread distracting. But as a wiser poster than me once said, "You can't steer at thread, you can only launch it and watch it drift." I accept that. *sigh*

I might be more inclined to keep this strictly "Hall of Fame" if any of the myriads of funny, insightful things I've said had made it on here. ;)

Natterings. See, you say one goddam thing and all of sudden you're one of "them."

lookout123 12-11-2006 10:33 AM

well said BigV. apologies...

BigV 12-11-2006 10:45 AM

Wise words from xoB.
Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Haven't you learned buy now, you can't sail a thread, only launch it and watch it drift.

* the previous misquotations are entirely the result of my own faulty memory, and in no way reflect an attempt to rewrite history.

Spexxvet 12-15-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beestie
I used to have this dog...... http://cellar.org/showpost.php?p=298597&postcount=170
Should be published. Batter than Dave Barry.

yesman065 12-15-2006 03:32 PM

OMG - Beestie - just OMG - That is hilarious.

Undertoad 12-15-2006 04:04 PM

When the B-man uncorks one, it's always a beaut.

SteveDallas 12-17-2006 06:23 PM

Clodfobble's statistical analysis of bullying

skysidhe 12-20-2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibram
What Jesus was saving us from was his fucking father. What kind of god creates Adam in his image and then pulls Eve out of him to keep him company? And then tells them not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge? He was so micromanaging. So was Adam. But Eve... Eve just wanted to know shit. She took a bite of the apple, and she found out what was good and what was evil. Then she gave it to Adam, so he would know, because they were in love. And that was good, they now knew. Will you give me the apple?

cool

skysidhe 12-22-2006 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas
I'm either a master of the clueless straight line, or the biggest idiot on the planet. I'm afraid you have to decide which.

very cool

skysidhe 12-23-2006 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff
It is a wide world of fruitcake out there and the holiday's are coming.

I checked. I hope it isn't a double quote. Except for Bri's signature line.

It's a goodie :)

Griff 12-29-2006 07:28 AM

I use the Cellar for whatever I need at the time....

To learn something new
To find out what's going on
To see what other people think
To learn about somebody
To help somebody
To get some help with something
To piss and moan and pretend my opinion actually matters
To crack a joke
To crack a head
To restore some order
To wreak some havoc
To jack my post count :-)
To make fun of Lumberjim :-)
But, mostly, to stay sharp.

I mostly hang out in the corner smoking a cigarette and like the idea that I can step out of the shadows and get involved whenever I want without feeling any pressure to do so. What I've learned to do is pick and choose my entry and exit points. Its like being at a very interesting party and being able to turn invisible or visible at will.

The Cellar is many things: A news source, an art gallery, a novel, a soap opera, a kangaroo court, a debate you observe or engage, a soap box, a history lesson, an evolving and slightly unstable social structure, a helping hand, a pity party, a confession line, an open-mic night, a talent show, defender of truth, an advice line, a support group.

In the end, the Cellar is the truth.

Well put Beestie.

zippyt 12-29-2006 11:18 PM

2 comics on this page sum up SOOOOOO much for me on the cellar ,
LJ and HP !!

I Still need to find an ASSHAT !!

yesman065 01-06-2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna
Cellar girls are easy.