The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   If you drink a box of wine (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19250)

lumberjim 01-13-2009 10:22 PM

If you drink a box of wine

the whole box, now.....

Aliantha 01-13-2009 10:23 PM

you'll be drunk then have a raging hangover in the morning.

Trust me, I know.

wolf 01-13-2009 10:30 PM

Went for the assonance.

(which is a much funnier answer than I expected it to be. At least to me, right now, during a really suck shift)

lumberjim 01-13-2009 10:41 PM

there is hatred in the air today, neh?

my day was full of bullshit and conflict.

a guy got fired, and rock killed a man with a trident

Aliantha 01-13-2009 10:44 PM

I've known a couple of people who have really disgusting habits like shitting their pants when they're drunk. It's always amazed me to think a grown person could do such a thing. I say person because in my historical experience, it's always been men, but a couple of months ago, one of my girlfiends pissed her pants at her daughters 18th. At that stage, I wasn't quite sure who was worse. The mother or the teenagers running around vomiting everywhere.

Why do people get so drunk that they do those things?

lumberjim 01-13-2009 10:48 PM

they don't practice enough

simple

Aliantha 01-13-2009 10:49 PM

Well all the ones I know who do it are actually the ones who drink the most. That's what makes me wonder about it. It's like it's just something they do when they get drunk. Weird.

Cicero 01-13-2009 10:51 PM

You are teh ghey. Box wine? Are you f'ing kidding me?!?

I knew something was up with the pomegranate martini, but this....This!!!

Confirmed. lol!!

Jim take a photo with your webcam. Post it. Do it.

Juniper 01-13-2009 10:54 PM

A friend of ours (well, he's not really anymore, for semi-related reasons) once spent the night on our couch and peed on it. Fortunately it was the beat-up basement couch. Fucker tried to cover it up with a pillow and left early in the am so nobody would notice his wet pants.

We mentioned it to a couple of other friends, and they were like "oh yeah, he'll do that." So why the hell didn't anybody warn us?!

And why the hell does a 35-year-old man still wet the damn bed?

jinx 01-13-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Jim take a photo with your webcam. Post it. Do it.
I had to put my foot down. No box of wine.

lumberjim 01-13-2009 10:59 PM

i did buy a bottle of $3.99 cabernet sauvignon though!

Cicero 01-13-2009 11:19 PM

arrgh!

Just take the photo. :)

Please?

DanaC 01-14-2009 04:22 AM

The only time I ever drink from boxes (wtf buys boxes?) of wine are in the context of catered events...and the glasses are usually painfully small (where do they get those glasses from? they're like taster glasses) and protocol is not to have more than 2 drinks.

I have a vague recollection of them being about at various family parties years ago...

(synchronicity in action: as I typed 'wine' a woman on the radio said 'red wine'.)

glatt 01-14-2009 07:51 AM

Box wines that you find in the grocery store contain cheap and fairly low quality wine. But there are good brands out there too. The box is very convenient for moderate drinkers, because it keeps the wine fresh for longer. You can have a glass a day (or two if you are going crazy,) and it will stay "fresh" for the amount of time it takes to finish the box over a week or two. It's an exceptionally good packaging system.

You just miss out on the "event" of opening a bottle and hearing that uncorking sound.

Sundae 01-14-2009 09:35 AM

HM used to buy boxes of wine.
He was a two glass man. I envied that.

I have never, ever, ever lost control of anything in my pants when drunk.
Legs yes, stomach - a very small handful of times and those at a point where my body was probably choosing life. Heart, mind, tongue, yes.

Pee and poo? Never.
Yucky.
Then again, maybe I would have been more controlled about drinking if I had.